HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/23/11: "Back To Reality" - Nashville Predators @ Minnesota Wild 7pm

Old
11-23-2011, 09:43 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
tootoo with consecutive multi point games... in 2 losses. id rather him go pointless if this is how its gonna be lol

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Suter, Weber, Rinne .... the big three with the key mistakes that cost us dearly. Let's see if they get the same lambasting here that the rest of the team does when they make mistakes.
Good example of them trying to do a bit too much, and it costing us. Weber played that 2-1 all wrong, especially considering how close Suter was to disrupting a Koivu shot.

The third goal...meh, but Peks should have had that 2nd one as well.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Another one in the L column. Oh well.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Another one in the L column. Oh well.
There'll be 25-28 of them when all is said and done...and they ALL SUCK! Ugh...

Old
11-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
There'll be 25-28 of them when all is said and done...and they ALL SUCK! Ugh...
They happen. Losing to Edmonton and Minnesota is not too bad. Those are good teams this year.

Old
11-23-2011, 10:02 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Tonight's loss can be directly attributed to major errors by the big three. Suter pinching and Weber misplaying the 2on1 led to the go ahead goal for them. A terrible change by Suter and Weber combined with Rinne busting his butt on the ice led to their third.

It wasn't a lack of shots that cost us in either of the last two games ... no matter how much you post cliché, and inaccurate, rants.

Last edited by TMI: 11-23-2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: removed deleted post from quote
101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:06 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

That third period was absolutely HORRIBLE. Bad passing everywhere, sloppy defense, bad decision making. People will say the Clutterbuck goal was a fluke, but forget that we turned the puck over and Clutterbuck had a breakaway regardless.

Weber totally blew the 2-on-1 and left Heatley wide open. As a defender on a 2-on-1, you let the goalie handle the puck-carrier and play the guy without the puck. With Suter coming back, Koivu can't cut to the front of the net, so Weber doesn't have to come over to lock down Koivu.

This reminded me of the game we played earlier in the year against Edmonton, where we got a goal and could't do anything else, then got thrashed in the third. We're playing a lot like we were at the beginning of the year. Hopefully it's not back and forth between the two extremes all season, or everybody is going to be much grayer/thinner in the scalp because of it.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:08 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Tonight's loss can be directly attributed to major errors by the big three. Suter pinching and Weber misplaying the 2on1 led to the go ahead goal for them. A terrible change by Suter and Weber combined with Rinne busting his butt on the ice led to their third.

It wasn't a lack of shots that cost us in either of the last two games ... no matter how much you post cliché, and inaccurate, rants.
how many games out of 4 would you say we get outchanced? at least 3... my point I'm so tired of hearing how were going to spend more yet we dont and continue to be so inconsistent. and sorry should have said outchanced not just shots .. u know what I meant

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
how many games out of 4 would you say we get outchanced? at least 3... my point I'm so tired of hearing how were going to spend more yet we dont and continue to be so inconsistent. and sorry should have been outchanced not just shots .. u know what I meant
Inconsistency is the hallmark of 'young' teams. It will be less so as the season progresses. Mental lapses and a bit of lazy play are leading to far more problems, right now, than our lack of offensive firepower. There also aren't a lot of options out there (nor were there on the UFA market this past off-season) that were significantly better (and at a reasonable price) than what we already have...unless we want to take a flyer on a Dustin Penner or Sam Gagner?

Old
11-23-2011, 10:21 PM
dulzhok

Suter's agent must have told him to shoot the puck more often this year.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:25 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
how many games out of 4 would you say we get outchanced? at least 3... my point I'm so tired of hearing how were going to spend more yet we dont and continue to be so inconsistent. and sorry should have said outchanced not just shots .. u know what I meant
I'm not a mind reader and expecting this team to spend a lot is asinine. Of course, the owners did just commit an additional $3.6mil per year to Rinne for the next seven ... they're spending $3mil more on Weber this year than last .... up front the money spent on opening day last season for Dumont and Sullivan is going, for the most part, to SK and Fisher this year and we're spending less but getting more performance with the replacement of Lombardi with Smith. Added spending in one area, reduced in another ... the usual balancing act of a team on a budget.

None of that applies to this evening's game which was sealed by the mistakes by Rinne, Weber, and Suter.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:58 PM
AirborneVirus

first time poster, long time reader, Preds fan since day 1, and all i can say is what a frustrating game tonight. Solid preds play for 2 periods, a few missed chances to extend the lead, and then the collapse in the third. Rinne let us down on those last two, but he's probably saved twenty that should've gone in over the course of the season so he can be forgiven

AirborneVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:30 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Ugh....Ew...ughhh

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Prederator

Quote:

Absolutely! Your analysis is dead nuts on.

I admit Suter ane Weber may be the best D tandem in the league, but lately they have been playing lazy hockey, especially Suter. He was terrible last night defensively. And both he and Weber are logging too many minutes, especially on the PP, which is horrendous as a result. Time to develop some of our other defensemen and relieve Suter and Weber of some of their minutes.

Prederator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:17 AM
predfan98

Quote:

I didn't get to see the game, get read about in in various places and different twitters. Something that bothers me is the pass that it seems weber gets. Suter and Rinne both seem to admit when they've had a bad game........but you never hear that from weber. Step up to the plate and lead mr 7.5.
Frankly he looked disinterested and sullen on the ice until just recently. I just wonder if the incidents this summer (largely of his own making, IMO) have made him sour.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:52 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

The second Rinne goal was far worse than the third. Freak accidents happen, but soft goals shouldn't. The troubling thing is that it's three consecutive games that Rinne has not been himself. On a lot of nights, 2 or 3 goals needs to be enough for to win. Asking our offense to put 4 or 5 on the board is not going to work.

It's funny though, aside from Rinne, the exact problems that plagued us in the first part of the season have made a full return. I guess that's not really funny.

Lastly, this game was Jon Blum's worst as a pro, IMO.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 01:53 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
The second Rinne goal was far worse than the third. Freak accidents happen, but soft goals shouldn't. The troubling thing is that it's three consecutive games that Rinne has not been himself. On a lot of nights, 2 or 3 goals needs to be enough for to win. Asking our offense to put 4 or 5 on the board is not going to work.

It's funny though, aside from Rinne, the exact problems that plagued us in the first part of the season have made a full return. I guess that's not really funny.

Lastly, this game was Jon Blum's worst as a pro, IMO.
Everyone is putting it all on the defense when the SK-Fisher-Erat can't convert on offense and Trotz disrupt the line when Wilson-Smith and Horqvist were clicking and Legwand comes back and and moves Smith to Tootoo's line. SK has mostly this year has been invisible ...definitely not a difference maker. Legwand had a bad passing game which basically setup that play which Weber played poorly. Every now and then we need to give Rinne a rest and score some goals.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Everyone is putting it all on the defense when the SK-Fisher-Erat can't convert on offense and Trotz disrupt the line when Wilson-Smith and Horqvist were clicking and Legwand comes back and and moves Smith to Tootoo's line. SK has mostly this year has been invisible ...definitely not a difference maker. Legwand had a bad passing game which basically setup that play which Weber played poorly. Every now and then we need to give Rinne a rest and score some goals.
Or play Lindback more often.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
That third period was absolutely HORRIBLE.
Even worse for me - it was the only period I caught (as I was busy watching Brodeur pad his Hall of Fame resume against a very highly motivated Jackets team). I think I'm going to have to stop watching Preds games for a bit; I seem to be jinxing them.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:07 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

All hail the newly christened moderator Viqsi. You better not screw around in the trade talk forum

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Even worse for me - it was the only period I caught (as I was busy watching Brodeur pad his Hall of Fame resume against a very highly motivated Jackets team). I think I'm going to have to stop watching Preds games for a bit; I seem to be jinxing them.
Moderator? Dang. Our little Viqsi is growing up

Old
11-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I was going to apply for a GDT retribution or Saturday's game, but I'm not a seasoned enough veteran to test my luck in a bounce-back game at Detroit.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I was going to apply for a GDT retribution or Saturday's game, but I'm not a seasoned enough veteran to test my luck in a bounce-back game at Detroit.
Maybe what this young team needs is a young GDT creator. Can a lowly high schooler (aka me ) request privileges?

Old
11-24-2011, 04:28 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

gopreds, you seem to have called it first. You are up to the plate. My policy is if there isn't a GDT up within a few hours of the game it's up for grabs, but then again that policy holds absolutely no water at all

I think we need something with a little more flash. The bare-bones threads don't seem to be working for this team right now. If you have the time maybe try to put some umpfff into it

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
gopreds, you seem to have called it first. You are up to the plate. My policy is if there isn't a GDT up within a few hours of the game it's up for grabs, but then again that policy holds absolutely no water at all

I think we need something with a little more flash. The bare-bones threads don't seem to be working for this team right now. If you have the time maybe try to put some umpfff into it
The whole make-it-2-days-in-advance trend ended with the loss, right?

I've got time. I'll get started on it right away, but not post it until Saturday. I'm off school, so I'm doing nothing but watching football/hockey.