HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/23/11: "Back To Reality" - Nashville Predators @ Minnesota Wild 7pm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-23-2011, 09:43 PM
  #101
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,602
vCash: 500
tootoo with consecutive multi point games... in 2 losses. id rather him go pointless if this is how its gonna be lol

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:44 PM
  #102
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Suter, Weber, Rinne .... the big three with the key mistakes that cost us dearly. Let's see if they get the same lambasting here that the rest of the team does when they make mistakes.
Good example of them trying to do a bit too much, and it costing us. Weber played that 2-1 all wrong, especially considering how close Suter was to disrupting a Koivu shot.

The third goal...meh, but Peks should have had that 2nd one as well.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:46 PM
  #103
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,362
vCash: 500
Another one in the L column. Oh well.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:48 PM
  #104
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Another one in the L column. Oh well.
There'll be 25-28 of them when all is said and done...and they ALL SUCK! Ugh...

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:55 PM
  #105
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
There'll be 25-28 of them when all is said and done...and they ALL SUCK! Ugh...
They happen. Losing to Edmonton and Minnesota is not too bad. Those are good teams this year.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:02 PM
  #106
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,535
vCash: 500
Tonight's loss can be directly attributed to major errors by the big three. Suter pinching and Weber misplaying the 2on1 led to the go ahead goal for them. A terrible change by Suter and Weber combined with Rinne busting his butt on the ice led to their third.

It wasn't a lack of shots that cost us in either of the last two games ... no matter how much you post cliché, and inaccurate, rants.


Last edited by TMI: 11-23-2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: removed deleted post from quote
101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:06 PM
  #107
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,454
vCash: 500
That third period was absolutely HORRIBLE. Bad passing everywhere, sloppy defense, bad decision making. People will say the Clutterbuck goal was a fluke, but forget that we turned the puck over and Clutterbuck had a breakaway regardless.

Weber totally blew the 2-on-1 and left Heatley wide open. As a defender on a 2-on-1, you let the goalie handle the puck-carrier and play the guy without the puck. With Suter coming back, Koivu can't cut to the front of the net, so Weber doesn't have to come over to lock down Koivu.

This reminded me of the game we played earlier in the year against Edmonton, where we got a goal and could't do anything else, then got thrashed in the third. We're playing a lot like we were at the beginning of the year. Hopefully it's not back and forth between the two extremes all season, or everybody is going to be much grayer/thinner in the scalp because of it.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:08 PM
  #108
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Tonight's loss can be directly attributed to major errors by the big three. Suter pinching and Weber misplaying the 2on1 led to the go ahead goal for them. A terrible change by Suter and Weber combined with Rinne busting his butt on the ice led to their third.

It wasn't a lack of shots that cost us in either of the last two games ... no matter how much you post cliché, and inaccurate, rants.
how many games out of 4 would you say we get outchanced? at least 3... my point I'm so tired of hearing how were going to spend more yet we dont and continue to be so inconsistent. and sorry should have said outchanced not just shots .. u know what I meant

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:14 PM
  #109
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
how many games out of 4 would you say we get outchanced? at least 3... my point I'm so tired of hearing how were going to spend more yet we dont and continue to be so inconsistent. and sorry should have been outchanced not just shots .. u know what I meant
Inconsistency is the hallmark of 'young' teams. It will be less so as the season progresses. Mental lapses and a bit of lazy play are leading to far more problems, right now, than our lack of offensive firepower. There also aren't a lot of options out there (nor were there on the UFA market this past off-season) that were significantly better (and at a reasonable price) than what we already have...unless we want to take a flyer on a Dustin Penner or Sam Gagner?

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:21 PM
  #110
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Suter's agent must have told him to shoot the puck more often this year.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:25 PM
  #111
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
how many games out of 4 would you say we get outchanced? at least 3... my point I'm so tired of hearing how were going to spend more yet we dont and continue to be so inconsistent. and sorry should have said outchanced not just shots .. u know what I meant
I'm not a mind reader and expecting this team to spend a lot is asinine. Of course, the owners did just commit an additional $3.6mil per year to Rinne for the next seven ... they're spending $3mil more on Weber this year than last .... up front the money spent on opening day last season for Dumont and Sullivan is going, for the most part, to SK and Fisher this year and we're spending less but getting more performance with the replacement of Lombardi with Smith. Added spending in one area, reduced in another ... the usual balancing act of a team on a budget.


None of that applies to this evening's game which was sealed by the mistakes by Rinne, Weber, and Suter.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:58 PM
  #112
AirborneVirus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
first time poster, long time reader, Preds fan since day 1, and all i can say is what a frustrating game tonight. Solid preds play for 2 periods, a few missed chances to extend the lead, and then the collapse in the third. Rinne let us down on those last two, but he's probably saved twenty that should've gone in over the course of the season so he can be forgiven

AirborneVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:30 PM
  #113
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,099
vCash: 500
Ugh....Ew...ughhh

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 08:55 AM
  #114
Prederator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Tonight's loss can be directly attributed to major errors by the big three. Suter pinching and Weber misplaying the 2on1 led to the go ahead goal for them. A terrible change by Suter and Weber combined with Rinne busting his butt on the ice led to their third.

It wasn't a lack of shots that cost us in either of the last two games ... no matter how much you post cliché, and inaccurate, rants.
Absolutely! Your analysis is dead nuts on.

I admit Suter ane Weber may be the best D tandem in the league, but lately they have been playing lazy hockey, especially Suter. He was terrible last night defensively. And both he and Weber are logging too many minutes, especially on the PP, which is horrendous as a result. Time to develop some of our other defensemen and relieve Suter and Weber of some of their minutes.

Prederator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:17 AM
  #115
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Tonight's loss can be directly attributed to major errors by the big three. Suter pinching and Weber misplaying the 2on1 led to the go ahead goal for them. A terrible change by Suter and Weber combined with Rinne busting his butt on the ice led to their third.

It wasn't a lack of shots that cost us in either of the last two games ... no matter how much you post cliché, and inaccurate, rants.
I didn't get to see the game, get read about in in various places and different twitters. Something that bothers me is the pass that it seems weber gets. Suter and Rinne both seem to admit when they've had a bad game........but you never hear that from weber. Step up to the plate and lead mr 7.5.
Frankly he looked disinterested and sullen on the ice until just recently. I just wonder if the incidents this summer (largely of his own making, IMO) have made him sour.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:52 AM
  #116
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,176
vCash: 500
The second Rinne goal was far worse than the third. Freak accidents happen, but soft goals shouldn't. The troubling thing is that it's three consecutive games that Rinne has not been himself. On a lot of nights, 2 or 3 goals needs to be enough for to win. Asking our offense to put 4 or 5 on the board is not going to work.

It's funny though, aside from Rinne, the exact problems that plagued us in the first part of the season have made a full return. I guess that's not really funny.

Lastly, this game was Jon Blum's worst as a pro, IMO.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 01:53 PM
  #117
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
The second Rinne goal was far worse than the third. Freak accidents happen, but soft goals shouldn't. The troubling thing is that it's three consecutive games that Rinne has not been himself. On a lot of nights, 2 or 3 goals needs to be enough for to win. Asking our offense to put 4 or 5 on the board is not going to work.

It's funny though, aside from Rinne, the exact problems that plagued us in the first part of the season have made a full return. I guess that's not really funny.

Lastly, this game was Jon Blum's worst as a pro, IMO.
Everyone is putting it all on the defense when the SK-Fisher-Erat can't convert on offense and Trotz disrupt the line when Wilson-Smith and Horqvist were clicking and Legwand comes back and and moves Smith to Tootoo's line. SK has mostly this year has been invisible ...definitely not a difference maker. Legwand had a bad passing game which basically setup that play which Weber played poorly. Every now and then we need to give Rinne a rest and score some goals.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:04 PM
  #118
Firestorm
Registered User
 
Firestorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada Eh?
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Everyone is putting it all on the defense when the SK-Fisher-Erat can't convert on offense and Trotz disrupt the line when Wilson-Smith and Horqvist were clicking and Legwand comes back and and moves Smith to Tootoo's line. SK has mostly this year has been invisible ...definitely not a difference maker. Legwand had a bad passing game which basically setup that play which Weber played poorly. Every now and then we need to give Rinne a rest and score some goals.
Or play Lindback more often.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:51 PM
  #119
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,578
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
That third period was absolutely HORRIBLE.
Even worse for me - it was the only period I caught (as I was busy watching Brodeur pad his Hall of Fame resume against a very highly motivated Jackets team). I think I'm going to have to stop watching Preds games for a bit; I seem to be jinxing them.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:07 PM
  #120
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 44,351
vCash: 500
All hail the newly christened moderator Viqsi. You better not screw around in the trade talk forum

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:14 PM
  #121
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Even worse for me - it was the only period I caught (as I was busy watching Brodeur pad his Hall of Fame resume against a very highly motivated Jackets team). I think I'm going to have to stop watching Preds games for a bit; I seem to be jinxing them.
Moderator? Dang. Our little Viqsi is growing up

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:17 PM
  #122
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,441
vCash: 500
I was going to apply for a GDT retribution or Saturday's game, but I'm not a seasoned enough veteran to test my luck in a bounce-back game at Detroit.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:23 PM
  #123
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I was going to apply for a GDT retribution or Saturday's game, but I'm not a seasoned enough veteran to test my luck in a bounce-back game at Detroit.
Maybe what this young team needs is a young GDT creator. Can a lowly high schooler (aka me ) request privileges?

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:28 PM
  #124
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 44,351
vCash: 500
gopreds, you seem to have called it first. You are up to the plate. My policy is if there isn't a GDT up within a few hours of the game it's up for grabs, but then again that policy holds absolutely no water at all

I think we need something with a little more flash. The bare-bones threads don't seem to be working for this team right now. If you have the time maybe try to put some umpfff into it

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:29 PM
  #125
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
gopreds, you seem to have called it first. You are up to the plate. My policy is if there isn't a GDT up within a few hours of the game it's up for grabs, but then again that policy holds absolutely no water at all

I think we need something with a little more flash. The bare-bones threads don't seem to be working for this team right now. If you have the time maybe try to put some umpfff into it
The whole make-it-2-days-in-advance trend ended with the loss, right?

I've got time. I'll get started on it right away, but not post it until Saturday. I'm off school, so I'm doing nothing but watching football/hockey.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.