HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Rangers at Sabres, 11/22

View Poll Results: Outcome of game?
Sabres regulation win 26 53.06%
Sabres regulation loss 10 20.41%
Sabres OT win 1 2.04%
Sabres OT loss 2 4.08%
Sabres shoot-out win 0 0%
Sabres shoot-out loss 10 20.41%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2005, 09:22 AM
Crazy Tasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame
i agree we need to see more and his injury wont help to resolve the question. but if roles were reversed and Mika played 10 games and stunk up the joint and then Biron came along and had two excellent performances... well i can only imagine what the Biron bandwagon would have to say about it.

and as far as who's better... i dont think there is much of a difference. Noronen finally got a chance and played better than Biron has been playing. thats the simple fact.
Unfortunately the season is longer than 2 games.
Mika's performance in the past has shown inconsistancy at the NHL level.
IMO that is his biggest weakness. It is unfortunate that he got hurt, because this would have been a great opportunity for him to show that he has overcome that.
Now, we might not know due to him possibly not being back by the time Miller is ready.

Old
11-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty
Unfortunately the season is longer than 2 games.
Mika's performance in the past has shown inconsistancy at the NHL level.
IMO that is his biggest weakness. It is unfortunate that he got hurt, because this would have been a great opportunity for him to show that he has overcome that.
Now, we might not know due to him possibly not being back by the time Miller is ready.
his inconsistency is no worse than Biron's though.

Old
11-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Crazy Tasty

Biron has shown throughout his NHL career that he is a slightly better than 500 goalie.
Mika is not there yet.

Again, he has not had the same amount of starts, so it is skewed a bit, but the last season, Mika did play in 30+ games and was not consistant.
I was hoping he would get a chance to play more with Miller's injury, now it's all back to speculation.

Old
11-23-2005, 09:39 AM
Fan-of-#9

I'm done with this debate...officially. It's has been spun into a useless debate that is not even worth arguing about. Mika plays 2 very good games and is now GOD on this board. Good Stuff...I will move on to the the Isles game now.

Old
11-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan-of-#9
I'm done with this debate...officially. It's has been spun into a useless debate that is not even worth arguing about. Mika plays 2 very good games and is now GOD on this board. Good Stuff...I will move on to the the Isles game now.
I'll get that started for you Fo9. Leighton is SOO much better than Biron, look at his AHL stats...

Old
11-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
i dont think anyone in this thread has said anything ridiculous in their praise of Noronen. He finally played. and he played well. Its funny that acknowledging that Noronen was good is so negative in your mind.

Old
11-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
i dont think anyone in this thread has said anything ridiculous in their praise of Noronen. He finally played. and he played well. Its funny that acknowledging that Noronen was good is so negative in your mind.
Actually if you noticed I praised Mika too, I thought he's played very well in his 2 starts, difference is I praise ALL the goalies when they play well, can you say the same? ...

Old
11-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Jame - please take no offense but, praising Noronen and bashing Biron are two different things.
Reading your recent posts on the 'subject' you have the two thoughts intertwined.

I am sure everyone agrees that Mika's two starts were great and he looked real good.
That should be the main focus, instead it turns into Mika has played great, therefore Biron stinks.

Old
11-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty
Jame - please take no offense but, praising Noronen and bashing Biron are two different things.
Reading your recent posts on the 'subject' you have the two thoughts intertwined.

I am sure everyone agrees that Mika's two starts were great and he looked real good.
That should be the main focus, instead it turns into Mika has played great, therefore Biron stinks.
they are two different things for sure. but i think they are intertwined as any two things in sport can be. Considering the goalie history of the last few years, and then the arrival of miller and his subsequent injury... i cant see how Noronen/good-Biron/bad is NOT intertwined.

Noronen hasn't proven anything. prior to his starts all ive been saying is that Ruff is a moron and Biron has been bad. Im not a staunch Noronen guy. Im very happy with Ryan Miller taking the reigns and ending this non sense.

but the bottom line IMO is still Noronen played very well in his 2 starts. Biron was hardly adequate in his 9.

of course no offense taken. i enjoy everyones opinions.

Old
11-23-2005, 11:19 AM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
they are two different things for sure. but i think they are intertwined as any two things in sport can be. Considering the goalie history of the last few years, and then the arrival of miller and his subsequent injury... i cant see how Noronen/good-Biron/bad is NOT intertwined.

Noronen hasn't proven anything. prior to his starts all ive been saying is that Ruff is a moron and Biron has been bad. Im not a staunch Noronen guy. Im very happy with Ryan Miller taking the reigns and ending this non sense.

but the bottom line IMO is still Noronen played very well in his 2 starts. Biron was hardly adequate in his 9.

of course no offense taken. i enjoy everyones opinions.
When Biron and Noronen have played an equal amount of games, we can talk then.
(wishfull thinking?)

I want to see more of Mika this season, hopefully he recovers quickly.

Old
11-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Lock3Boys
Ted's #1 Fan

Quote:

There is no debate.

Marty is the most expensive goalie on the roster, and by far, the least talented.

Closed Thread