HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Briere for Gratton

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Crazy Tasty

vCash: 500
Briere for Gratton

was a great swap, but watching Sarich play last night made me sad.

When you add that into the equation as we had to give him up to get Gratton it doesn't make it so one-sided.

Old
11-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty
was a great swap, but watching Sarich play last night made me sad.

When you add that into the equation as we had to give him up to get Gratton it doesn't make it so one-sided.
i always liked Sarich a lot. He's grown into a very sturdy 2nd pairing defensemen... in fact im very jealous of TB's defense.

Old
11-23-2005, 12:15 PM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame
i always liked Sarich a lot. He's grown into a very sturdy 2nd pairing defensemen... in fact im very jealous of TB's defense.
Our D is shaping up pretty nice. Once Kalinin hit's his stride, it'll look pretty dam good!

Old
11-23-2005, 12:28 PM
Hobey Baker

Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
For obvious reasons, I only saw the end of the Blues/Kings game last night....but Wideman made some really nice defensive plays. Yeah, yeah, yeah... the detractors will say that Paetsch was and is still better, but Buffalo gave something away that could've been developed. The Sabres have a zillion forwards and keep Novotny, yet are thin are D and opt to let Wideman go free. Hmmm....I've let it go long ago, but felt like pointing this out.

Old
11-23-2005, 12:48 PM
K-Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj@jj.com
Our D is shaping up pretty nice. Once Kalinin hit's his stride, it'll look pretty dam good!

I agree. Campbell's a surprise. Talleender has been good with Luudman.

But I'm starting to wonder if Kalinin will ever be as good as he was when paired with Zhitnik. He had the injury early, but hasn't been at all what we expected. You think he will?

Old
11-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj@jj.com
Pretty nice in a buffalo sabres sorta way. not so nice when compared to the rest of the league. I can compare our defensemen to our group of forwards in the sense that we have a wealth of 2nd and 3rd line forwards. just like we have a bunch of 3/4 defensemen. the only problem is we dont have a Thomas Vanek to look forward to on the blueline. jeez we dont even have a drew stafford to look forward to... ahhh another comparison Lydman is the Briere of our defensemen.... STEAL!

Closed Thread