HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXVIII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2011, 10:34 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
In case nobody saw this...

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...MontrealSports

Thats the problem with the Bruins...they try to beat up everyone on the ice, then the fans think its ok..and taunt and taunt. Well guess what...your not on the ice and you got your ass beat!

Love how he plays innocent then this at the end of the article..."Stang admits that he may have played a role in taunting Habs fans, he doesn't think his actions warranted the beating." Idiot! I've been to two Habs Bruins games at the Centre...and the loudest drunken idiots were Bruins fans. I'm sure they deserved it. Lucic can't stick up for you in the stands!
so.... 3-4 guys beating on one isn't fair? love that double standard there

i thought the rule at an away game was to... be at your nicest? you act the fool in a pub, you get your ass beat. not sure how this is different.

P.S., BC security should have been on this before it happened and i wish it hadn't happened. what's next? some random guy in a habs jersey gets sent to the hospital next game in boston? then the next game at the BC, another guy get his? where does it stop? for once, we had a good, solid hockey game on the ice with no ********, and the fans get into it...

that **** ain't right anyway you look at it

Old
11-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Et le But

In case anyone cares, The new Sherbrooke Q team will be called the Phoenix.

Old
11-24-2011, 10:49 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
In case nobody saw this...

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...MontrealSports

Thats the problem with the Bruins...they try to beat up everyone on the ice, then the fans think its ok..and taunt and taunt. Well guess what...your not on the ice and you got your ass beat!

Love how he plays innocent then this at the end of the article..."Stang admits that he may have played a role in taunting Habs fans, he doesn't think his actions warranted the beating." Idiot! I've been to two Habs Bruins games at the Centre...and the loudest drunken idiots were Bruins fans. I'm sure they deserved it. Lucic can't stick up for you in the stands!
100$ says he and his friends keep their mouths shut next time ! Good for others on shutting his pie hole. Bruins fans are so smug around Montreal. They are not even this smug in Boston. I know for a fact if a Habs fan goes to Boston and mouths off **** the way these punks did, they will get whats comming to them and deservedly so.

Old
11-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Protest the Hero

Whoever threw the first punch is at fault. I'm sorry but fighting like that is stupid, and even taunting isn't reason enough to punch someone in the face.

That said, I find it ironic that the Bruins fan was 5'4", and the Montreal fan was 6+ feet tall.

Old
11-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Whoever threw the first punch is at fault. I'm sorry but fighting like that is stupid, and even taunting isn't reason enough to punch someone in the face.

That said, I find it ironic that the Bruins fan was 5'4", and the Montreal fan was 6+ feet tall.
I think the kid thought he could fight like Lucic. Sucker punch someone then hide behind the refs.....wait a second...

Old
11-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Maliki2

Quote:

Actually I don't agree with what you said. If someone is taunting you to the point it becomes personal then you get the **** kicked out of you. Sorry but thats the truth. I go to watch games, and if someone does a little taunting thats ok, but I have been to some that it has been downright personal. I'm sure these guys were like that, and they got what they had coming at them.

Old
11-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

Also a bit ironic he suggests mouthing off doesn't warrant a beating. Will be interesting to see if someone will give the other side of the story.

Old
11-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Blake Comeau on waivers....Habs should take a punt on this guy,

I doubt we get a sniff.

Old
11-24-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Blake Comeau on waivers....Habs should take a punt on this guy,

I doubt we get a sniff.
Always been a big Comeau fan...not sure what's happened to him this year but i'd love for the Habs to take a flyer.

Old
11-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Protest the Hero

I'd do it, he could replace AK on the third line, especially now with Gomez out we have a spot to fill.

Old
11-24-2011, 12:50 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

0 points. -11 or something. @ 2.5. doesn't sound so great but i'd give it a shot

Old
11-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
I'd do it, he could replace AK on the third line, especially now with Gomez out we have a spot to fill.
Maybe we played to well to get him recently(waiver wire order)

Old
11-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
In case anyone cares, The new Sherbrooke Q team will be called the Phoenix.
It's a sign ....

Old
11-24-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
0 points. -11 or something. @ 2.5. doesn't sound so great but i'd give it a shot
Agreed, but would be a good time to 'buy-low' on a player...Habs desperately need a right-handed shot that has scoring ability.

They're dressing Palushaj and barely playing him...I have trouble understanding how a player like Comeau, whose goal/point totals went up ever year all of a sudden crashes and burns

Old
11-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Always been a big Comeau fan...not sure what's happened to him this year but i'd love for the Habs to take a flyer.
It's long Island syndrome....lol

Old
11-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Gary320

I'd take Blake Comeau tbh. Just because he hasn't had a good year in NYI doesn't mean it wont work here. I think he could fit in nicely.

I doubt we take him even if he's available though. But I would.

Old
11-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

In regards to Blake C, the waiver wire order?

Before November 1st , it goes by the reverse standings of the previous year determine the order of who goes first .

After November 1st, the order goes by the reverse standings of the current year

Habs are in 21 st over all...

So 8 other team's get a shot at him first...

Columbus goes first
Anaheim
Calgary
Colorado
Carolina
Winnipeg
Tampa Bay
Ottawa

Old
11-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Agreed, but would be a good time to 'buy-low' on a player...Habs desperately need a right-handed shot that has scoring ability.

They're dressing Palushaj and barely playing him...I have trouble understanding how a player like Comeau, whose goal/point totals went up ever year all of a sudden crashes and burns
I think i would go for it. The guy has a lot of talent, size and speed. A new scene is exactly what he needs. As far as money is concerned, the last the Habs should be worried about is that: money. They make a good profit every year, and need to take advantage of it whenever they can. The pro scout better be working his ass off on this one to make a good, detailed inspection on this guy. I think he's an upgrade on at least Palushaj, and right now that would be helpful.

Old
11-24-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
I think i would go for it. The guy has a lot of talent, size and speed. A new scene is exactly what he needs. As far as money is concerned, the last the Habs should be worried about is that: money. They make a good profit every year, and need to take advantage of it whenever they can. The pro scout better be working his ass off on this one to make a good, detailed inspection on this guy. I think he's an upgrade on at least Palushaj, and right now that would be helpful.
Agreed, and he can play with a bit of an edge too...if the Habs are indeed 'thinking outside the box' this is the type of move i'd like them to do.

Especially when you're dressing Palushaj and not even playing him and Mathieu Darche who i'm still trying to figure out how he's managed to play every single game this year.

Old
11-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
We don't need another Blair Betts eh? lol

Old
11-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
We don't need another Blair Betts eh? lol
Seriously...

Old
11-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Gary320

We can't judge him on his stats. I mean playing in NYI is not always fun, and when you lose it's even harder. A change of scenery might be great. He doesnt have to be a top 6 player.. If he's available.. I say take him.

Old
11-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Agreed, and he can play with a bit of an edge too...if the Habs are indeed 'thinking outside the box' this is the type of move i'd like them to do.

Especially when you're dressing Palushaj and not even playing him and Mathieu Darche who i'm still trying to figure out how he's managed to play every single game this year.
He is in BF Goodrich tire commercials on TV and in print now(doing endorsements)....that is why ..
There was a time in Montreal that was reserved for the french stars of the team (Theo etc)...Alot of fans must have missed something?

I say his job no matter if he goes scoreless for all 82, is safe .I expect him on top lines come playoffs.
Then Gauthier will offer him a scouting job???

Old
11-24-2011, 01:15 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Comeau= Darche...just younger.

Old
11-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:

yeah, Darchey's been struggling mightily this year. He even laid into Subban last night for not passing him the puck--he's not himself this year it seems. He's not the kind of player that really needs to be in the lineup every game. Just another reason to bring in a guy like Comeau.

On a sidenote, I've liked what i've seen from Palushaj in the the past few games. He's playing with a lot of character and jam. It hasn't amounted to any points, but i think he's understanding what it takes to play in the NHL on a bottom 6 line. It really doesn't matter how skilled you are, if you're not bringing the pain on the fore-check and skating your butt off, you'll be back in the minors before you know it. He probably will be anyhow, but I'm pretty sure management has taken notice of his willingness to listen to coaches and play accordingly (see Tom Pyatt).

Closed Thread