HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Semin,10 shots, #1 star

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-31-2003, 04:34 PM
  #1
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 39,818
vCash: 500
Semin,10 shots, #1 star

I guess Semin won't be scratched for a while. That might well be the swan song for Kip Miller. 13:41 ice time and 10 shots on goal. I guess I am now asking, if he had that kind of game in him why has been watching from the press box?

txpd is online now  
Old
10-31-2003, 05:04 PM
  #2
st_roland
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: BUSH CONTRY-Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
I guess Semin won't be scratched for a while. That might well be the swan song for Kip Miller. 13:41 ice time and 10 shots on goal. I guess I am now asking, if he had that kind of game in him why has been watching from the press box?
Because Bruce Cassidy sucks. 'nuff said

st_roland is offline  
Old
10-31-2003, 05:42 PM
  #3
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,610
vCash: 500
I was there (2-0 now while I'm at MCI)

A lot of those shots were not quality shots, but he played very well. Great move on the goal. Nobody expected that.

Is it just me or does he look slow out there? I guess he has a deceptive stride.

I was really impressed in the first period. 20 shots has to be a long time high in shots for one period. Also the crowd while small, was pretty vocal. Last 1:30 of the game we were all standing and cheering. Good moment for the Caps. Makes me feel a little better.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
11-01-2003, 01:59 AM
  #4
ashaddcola
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
What were the "real"...."announced"....and "official" attendance figures?

 
Old
11-01-2003, 05:56 AM
  #5
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 39,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon
A lot of those shots were not quality shots, but he played very well. Great move on the goal. Nobody expected that.

Is it just me or does he look slow out there? I guess he has a deceptive stride.

I was really impressed in the first period. 20 shots has to be a long time high in shots for one period. Also the crowd while small, was pretty vocal. Last 1:30 of the game we were all standing and cheering. Good moment for the Caps. Makes me feel a little better.
quality shots?
1. one was a rebound at the doorstep, one was from the slot on the pp, one a loose puck in the slot, one was the goal, one was the two on one with Jagr, one of his 3rd period shots was on the doorstep. That's 6 and doesn't count the shot at the far top corner that he missed high.
I think 10 shots on goal when it taken some of our best players 6 games to get that many, quality or not is impessive.
when he flashed thru the entire thrashers pk squad he didn't look slow at all. what i also noticed was no hesitation what so ever. I have read where Bondra has told him not to think twice. Shoot the puck. Bondra was passing up chances to pass him the puck. I could see where that line could be dangerous every night.

txpd is online now  
Old
11-01-2003, 09:48 AM
  #6
NHL2Nite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NHL2Nite Send a message via Yahoo to NHL2Nite
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
quality shots?
1. one was a rebound at the doorstep, one was from the slot on the pp, one a loose puck in the slot, one was the goal, one was the two on one with Jagr, one of his 3rd period shots was on the doorstep. That's 6 and doesn't count the shot at the far top corner that he missed high.
I think 10 shots on goal when it taken some of our best players 6 games to get that many, quality or not is impessive.
when he flashed thru the entire thrashers pk squad he didn't look slow at all. what i also noticed was no hesitation what so ever. I have read where Bondra has told him not to think twice. Shoot the puck. Bondra was passing up chances to pass him the puck. I could see where that line could be dangerous every night.
sounds to me like he should of had a 4 goal game. how can you miss that many quality scoring chances? its ok though i love semin(the player)

NHL2Nite is offline  
Old
11-01-2003, 10:12 AM
  #7
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,610
vCash: 500
Not that I want to argue

But,

"he flashed thru the entire thrashers pk squad "

He actually made it past one guy when he had the puck.


He had a good game, and hopefully many more. 10 shots were impressive, and he did hit one post on the 2 on 1 with Jagr (Semin should have shot earlier IMO though). He was pretty much left alone by Atlanta. He should start to get more defensive coverage now. We'll see how he handles that.


As far as the attendance figures. I didn't hear the anounced, but I bet the place was just over half full.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
11-01-2003, 10:26 AM
  #8
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 39,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL2Nite
sounds to me like he should of had a 4 goal game. how can you miss that many quality scoring chances? its ok though i love semin(the player)
He is a rookie. thats a good reason. nurminin played well, too.
but yes, it could have been a hat trick game for sure.

txpd is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.