HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

fall floor/ball hockey leagues in Lower Mainland

Old
11-21-2011, 09:23 AM
BloatedGuppy

vCash: 500
Yeah I'd love to play floor hockey, but I'm aging and rickety and have bad knees and I run out of breath in 20 seconds. As long as there would be other suck-ass players I'd be fine, but I wouldn't want to be the only wheezing amateur out there on a floor full of highly skilled and over competitive athletes.

BloatedGuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
I'm not overly competitive, except when one player just follows the ball around no matter where it goes. That drives me frickin insane.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 07:16 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Sounds interesting! Is this indoors or outdoors?

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:32 PM
dsedin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
I'll have to necro this thread, because I didn't get to join any kind of hockey leagues in a year and a half and damn, I'm itching to play competitive ball hockey.

So...who's down to start an HF ball hockey team?
I'm down. Used to play ball hockey for like 5 hours every day during high school..ahh those were the days. SFU needs to add ball hockey to intermurals..it's just so hard to get people together to play outside of school, the only time I hear people doing this sort of thing is the annual CBC 4 on 4 hockey thing.

Please, let's do this.

dsedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 01:27 PM
xtra

i am down if someone is serious about setting up an hf team....lol we could get jerseys with our hf names on the back...

but if someone is serious i would be interested

xtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra View Post
i am down if someone is serious about setting up an hf team....lol we could get jerseys with our hf names on the back...

but if someone is serious i would be interested
i couldn't be able to do the organizing, but im extremely interested.

there is this basketball court right by my house where me and some friends use to play for hours on end, it's a great place to play 4 on 4, but anything more than that crams it up.

if anyone is interested enough to make the trek to poco, hit me up via pm and let me know when you are available....weather permitting of course.

Old
11-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Kid_Roll

I have ball hockey games every Tuesday and Wednesday at UBC. 7$ (pays for the rental of Osborne) from 7pm-8:30 pm. Goes to 9pm when the roller girls aren't around after us.

It's competitive hockey, but not the kind of hockey where you are hitting guys in the corners and playing on edge. Just solid hockey. Ages range from 20-50. Really good group of guys who play hard but also have to work so we don't want to go all out trying to kill each other during a ball hockey game.

If anyone ever wants to come out, just send me a message. It's 4 on 4 at the outside under cover arena at Osborne, so it's on cement. Keep that in mind if you are pondering bringing your $300 one piece stick out. Unless you like seeing sparks on the ground when you take a slap shot. Sometimes it can fill up (We dont bring out more than 16 people, as that kills off floor time too much), so I have to put your name down on the list for the week if you want to come out.

Anyways, should you ever get the itch to play some ball hockey....

Kid_Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

^ That sounds great, but I'm not ages 20-50 and don't have my own means of transport...damn.

Old
11-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Kid_Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
^ That sounds great, but I'm not ages 20-50 and don't have my own means of transport...damn.
Hahah sorry, there are no age limitations, I guess I should have said "all ages are welcome", I was just trying to convey that anyone could come out.

I cannot help out for said transportation, though. Unless I win the lottery.

Kid_Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:02 AM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

Necro-ing this thread yet again because of all the ball hockey talk is itching at me again.

Also one year later I AM between the ages of 20-50 and I HAVE my own transport now. So HF what we got going on? I'm down for pretty much anything at this point.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:27 AM
demonic

I'm involved in a ball hockey league in Portland (http://pdxballhockey.com/), and we host tournaments a couple times a year, and occasionally send teams to other cities. A few of us are from Vancouver, and we've talked several times about a drunken road trip to the north country to find out how we stack up. I'll get in touch with the VBHL guys, but if anyone is involved in another league that might be interested in a little mini-tournament, send me an email.

Thanks

demonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 05:19 AM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

Nice, demonic. I wish you guys could have more north drunken road trips or I could move south and join you in 7 or 8 years. I'd imagine I'd move south down the West coast in due time. I love my city but it's just too damn cold here in the winter. If not south Oregon, North California for sure.

Any condition though, I'd love to play ball hockey though. My favourite sport by far.