HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avtsin to play 10 matches for "Montreal"

Old
11-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
seems like he hasn't improved since we drafted him. I don;t know why most people love him so much.
Had you seem him play or practice, you would understand. The kid is extremely, extremely skilled. Magic hands, good skater, and the right frame to go with it all. He just can't seem to pull it all together.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Had you seem him play or practice, you would understand. The kid is extremely, extremely skilled. Magic hands, good skater, and the right frame to go with it all. He just can't seem to pull it all together.
Proves my point.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:13 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

That's gotta be a translation thing. I don't see them handing out promises like that unless what the agent means is the pre-season games.

Quote:
Proves my point.
Bet you would've traded Pleky in his rookie year and never drafted Subban because apparently you don't believe in learning curves. He's only 20 and just started his 2nd year in NA. "Chill out."

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Shutdown

Renaud Lavoie said Leblanc was the next guy to be called up based on what he saw from this picture

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...603/story.html

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...?size=620x400s

I'm sure Lavoie has access to a much better image quality that us, because I can't see crap on that whiteboard.

edit: ok I see it now. Leblanc is just to the right of main roster, right above Fortier... Can't make out any of the other names.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...?size=1220x400

Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

vCash: 905
Quote:
Proves my point.
You have no point. 20 years old ?

Anyway, agents are parasites...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:22 PM
neofury*

Maybe the idea behind it is that the depth in Hamilton is flimsy and this would give him a real shot with players who could feed him the puck better. I know it sounds crazy but think about it Palushaj isn't cutting it, he's looked good at times but rarely finds the score sheet. Avtsin has struggled in Hamilton no doubt, but he finally seems to be turning his game around.

When Palushaj goes down ease Avtsin in by playing him sparingly for a few games, then give him a real first game on the 3rd line AK-Eller-Avtsin.

See what they can do. If you give a player several games on the same line with two talent players even if he's only junior level... good things may happen. You never know, I don't believe the story personally but I do see how it's potentially possible. They won't want to rush Leblanc and they seem to have to give Russian prospects some kind of extra incentives at times. I just don't see how replacing Palushaj or Darche with Avtsin would be such a stretch.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:23 PM
overlords
Hfboards

The people bashing on Avtsin are probably the same ones who said emelin would never play for the habs, and that when he finally did come over, that he'd suck.

Not saying he deserves a shot, because he doesn't - yet. But the hate this kid gets is ridiculous.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:24 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
Should it ever happen -> Avtsin - Eller - AK

Could do worse

Wow, that's a sexy line

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:25 PM
habamillions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He has 6 points in 17 games, I think it would be pretty ridiculous to call him up based on that production, being an offensive player.
also 3 points came in the same game. but it also happened on nhl ice

habamillions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
That's gotta be a translation thing. I don't see them handing out promises like that unless what the agent means is the pre-season games.

Bet you would've traded Pleky in his rookie year and never drafted Subban because apparently you don't believe in learning curves. He's only 20 and just started his 2nd year in NA. "Chill out."
Learning curves?..Guy the kid has done NOTHING his entire career. Sure he has skill and hands but he obviously has no idea how to translate those skills in a game. 3 yrs now with terrible seasons including this one. Theres a reason why he was on the 4th line. Did you see the shape he was in for training camp?..he had a Barney Gumble gut. Yes I would have cut Turtleneck too yeah ...He showed effort and drive to make the team. You guys put Avtsin on some pedestal like he's some gods gift to the habs when he has shown nothing but failure so far and nothing but not effort.

I am very chilled actually I think you should chill out and stop putting words in my mouth.

Old
11-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Learning curves?..Guy the kid has done NOTHING his entire career. Sure he has skill and hands but he obviously has no idea how to translate those skills in a game. 3 yrs now with terrible seasons including this one. Theres a reason why he was on the 4th line. Did you see the shape he was in for training camp?..he had a Barney Gumble gut. Yes I would have cut Turtleneck too yeah ...He showed effort and drive to make the team. You guys put Avtsin on some pedestal like he's some gods gift to the habs when he has shown nothing but failure so far and nothing but not effort.

I am very chilled actually I think you should chill out and stop putting words in my mouth.
So you have no clue what you're talking about. Emelin was the one with the "gut". You're hating for the sake of hating.

Two years ago he did not have a terrible season as a 18 year old rookie in the KHL and was doing very well before a major wrist injury. Last year he did not have a terrible season as one of the youngest players in the AHL. Just stop.

Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
The people bashing on Avtsin are probably the same ones who said emelin would never play for the habs, and that when he finally did come over, that he'd suck.

Not saying he deserves a shot, because he doesn't - yet. But the hate this kid gets is ridiculous.
I'm not convinced on Avtsin at all and I never thought that about Emelin. He actually shows promise. Way to assume though and think for other people and what they think. Whats it matter if someone has a different opinion about anything?..Thats why this is a forum. If everyone agreed on everything it would be so boring. This is why I love this forum. Most topics here are a debate, and then people get their panties in a knot when they don't agree with someone and turn it into an argument. That part annoy's me most.

Old
11-24-2011, 04:31 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:

And i can garantee you, not one of them has even seen him play an entire game. They are just playing sheep.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
So you have no clue what you're talking about. Emelin was the one with the "gut". You're hating for the sake of hating.

Two years ago he did not have a terrible season as a 18 year old rookie in the KHL and was doing very well before a major wrist injury. Last year he did not have a terrible season as one of the youngest players in the AHL. Just stop.
yes that was Emelin my bad.

You have your opinion and I have mine. don't have to get all worried about it boy.

I guess his wrist is still messed up. I'm not hating at all I just think he's not taking this opportunity serious enough. I've watch him a lot and i just don't see much drive is all.

Old
11-24-2011, 04:33 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:

Wow, there is some credibility out the window.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:34 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I'm not convinced on Avtsin at all and I never thought that about Emelin. He actually shows promise. Way to assume though and think for other people and what they think. Whats it matter if someone has a different opinion about anything?..Thats why this is a forum. If everyone agreed on everything it would be so boring. This is why I love this forum. Most topics here are a debate, and then people get their panties in a knot when they don't agree with someone and turn it into an argument. That part annoy's me most.
Maybe you don't know what 'bashing' means. Or 'probably' Also your beer gut comment was beyond hilarious. Wrong guy.

People can have differing opinions, and that's great, but when people hate on a 20 year old kid for no discernible reason, that's ridiculous.

Old
11-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Maybe you don't know what 'bashing' means. Or 'probably' Also your beer gut comment was beyond hilarious. Wrong guy.

People can have differing opinions, and that's great, but when people hate on a 20 year old kid for no discernible reason, that's ridiculous.
not bashing just my opinion.

And yes it was Emelin sorry I made a mistake lol

I don't hate him I'm just very dissappointed. I don't see much drive or any hunger in his game. Is it a crime to call out a player who was seen as a future top 6 player who has showed nothing? I guess I had high expectations.

Old
11-24-2011, 04:39 PM
LeMAD

We're in deep **** if we ever need our 10th best AHL forward to play in the NHL this year.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Proves my point.
Prove what point? You said you didn't know why people liked it so much. I told you why. Do you have any other question?

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:48 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
not bashing just my opinion.

And yes it was Emelin sorry I made a mistake lol

I don't hate him I'm just very dissappointed. I don't see much drive or any hunger in his game. Is it a crime to call out a player who was seen as a future top 6 player who has showed nothing? I guess I had high expectations.
Well, then if you don't consider yourself a 'basher' why did you have a problem with what I said? Seems you're the one who is jumping to conclusions.

Old
11-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Richiebottles
S L O W | M A G I C

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Please ! Anyone who hasn't seen him play refrain from making stupid comments like HE IS NOT READY ! I saw him play. He will benefit from a call up. He has Great skill and is fast...

Watch him play before bashing him.

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:49 PM
neofury*

Quote:

Are you the same kid who said AK had a beer gut and then when they showed him without a shirt on he was one of the most built players on the team??? That you? Cause people keep saying that about players and while Emelin did have a baby pot none of the other players have been out of shape.

Also to the people who continually rag on Markov. He's been injured. People need to stop blaming him for being injured. The guy is a professional athlete at the highest level of the game, who loves this city wants to retire here and became a Canadian citizen. He's also built like a tank. When they showed him earlier in the year he was ripped out of his mind. Clearly during his injury he's dedicated most of his life to training. Maybe his marriage didn't work out as a result? The guy is a damn tank. People need to at least give the guy a chance to play. If he gets one season out of three healthy we could be hoisting a cup. It's worth the risk. If he goes long term IR we trade a 2nd for a D like Wiz.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Are you the same kid who said AK had a beer gut and then when they showed him without a shirt on he was one of the most built players on the team??? That you? Cause people keep saying that about players and while Emelin did have a baby pot none of the other players have been out of shape.

Also to the people who continually rag on Markov. He's been injured. People need to stop blaming him for being injured. The guy is a professional athlete at the highest level of the game, who loves this city wants to retire here and became a Canadian citizen. He's also built like a tank. When they showed him earlier in the year he was ripped out of his mind. Clearly during his injury he's dedicated most of his life to training. Maybe his marriage didn't work out as a result? The guy is a damn tank. People need to at least give the guy a chance to play. If he gets one season out of three healthy we could be hoisting a cup. It's worth the risk. If he goes long term IR we trade a 2nd for a D like Wiz.

100% agree with the bolded paragraph.

And no I never said AK was fat but for at least the 3rd time I admit I was wrong and that it was emelin not Avtsin

Old
11-24-2011, 05:27 PM
RE-HABS

I could see it as a motivation or promise to him if he performs well in the AHL, if he doesn't he doesn't get his cup of coffee. Only other reason, to keep him from bolting to the KHL so he can come up and make $10,500 per game compared to $800 per game in the AHL.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I could see it as a motivation or promise to him if he performs well in the AHL, if he doesn't he doesn't get his cup of coffee. Only other reason, to keep him from bolting to the KHL so he can come up and make $10,500 per game compared to $800 per game in the AHL.
Great point never looked at it that way. Thanks