HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line at today's practice

Old
11-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Cenzo_

vCash: 500
Line at today's practice

Gionta-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Kostitsyn-Eller-Palushaj
Moen-Nokelainen-Darche

Weber-Gill
Diaz-Emelin
Gorges-Subban

Really like these lines! Finally it seem like this team will get the lineup it should have had at the beginning of the year. I like the 3rd line with AK and Palushaj and especially Eller at center with players that have an offensive flair. We have 3 lines that can score and a fourth line that can play a real fourth line role: keep the puck out of our zone and deep in the other team's zone with good for checking while our good players catch their breathe.

All we need is to replace Diaz by Markov and alternate Diaz and Weber and it's a pretty sexy line up !!

Cenzo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:08 PM
PKarey Plekoretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenzo_ View Post
Kostitsyn-Eller-Palushaj
Moen-Nokelainen-Darche

Weber-Gill
Diaz-Emelin
Gorges-Subban

Really like these lines! Finally it seem like this team will get the lineup it should have had at the beginning of the year. I like the 3rd line with AK and Palushaj and especially Eller at center with players that have an offensive flair. We have 3 lines that can score and a fourth line that can play a real fourth line role: keep the puck out of our zone and deep in the other team's zone with good for checking while our good players catch their breathe.

All we need is to replace Diaz by Markov and alternate Diaz and Weber and it's a pretty sexy line up !!
Agreed good sir, It's a pretty sexy looking top 3 lines right there now too

I LOVE that 3rd line. Keep Eller at center, and keep Gomez the hell away from him

PKarey Plekoretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:12 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
I'll play Moen with AK and Eller.

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Pretty sure Cammy's LW and Gio is RW, but that looks GOOD!

We have 2 pairs of big back-to-back games. PHI-PIT and ANA-SJS. Which one(s) do Budaj start?

I think he should start Anaheim for sure. I would play Price against the Pens too. The rest I'm not sure.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shamrun

Quote:
Kostitsyn-Eller-Palushaj
Moen-Nokelainen-Darche

Weber-Gill
Diaz-Emelin
Gorges-Subban

Id just swap palushaj with moen. And when gomez comes back put him in the line up instead of Palushaj.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Cenzo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKarey Plekoretty View Post
Agreed good sir, It's a pretty sexy looking top 3 lines right there now too

I LOVE that 3rd line. Keep Eller at center, and keep Gomez the hell away from him
Worst come to worst I think that 3rd could actually be AK Eller Gomez. Gomez is responsible in his own end and it's always good to have 2 guys that can take a faceoff. Especially on a 3rd line that needs to be good defensively!

Old
11-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
This.

Moen and Eller have had great chemistry as AK an Eller do as well. Also send Darche down and call up Blunden, why the hell not.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Cenzo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
Id just swap palushaj with moen. And when gomez comes back put him in the line up instead of Palushaj.
The thing is that Moen can be much more usefull on a 4th than Palushaj!

Old
11-24-2011, 05:17 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
I agree that Moen is really good on that line and this year because he's getting on the score sheet he's finally getting the respect he deserves. As a person who backed the guy up all summer and loves him on this team, I'm proud of Moen. He's been great this year.

However how will Palushaj develop if he's never given 3rd line minutes? I see no reason not to alternate them back and forth but to keep Palushaj on the 4th line all season is a bit of a shame.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:18 PM
couris

Moen has 7gols and is good enough to play on a 3rd line with a more direct game...

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Cenzo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
This.

Moen and Eller have had great chemistry as AK an Eller do as well. Also send Darche down and call up Blunden, why the hell not.
What s the problem with Darche on the 4th. People have something against him because Martin plays him on the powerplay. But he is the perfect 4th liner, always plays hard with heart, cheap, good guy and great for the local media!

Old
11-24-2011, 05:19 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Worst come to worst I think that 3rd could actually be AK Eller Gomez. Gomez is responsible in his own end and it's always good to have 2 guys that can take a faceoff. Especially on a 3rd line that needs to be good defensively!
Aside from a couple games where Gomer looked good I haven't liked the way he was playing. I might actually feel bad for AK/Eller if he is their winger. Then again it could work and get Eller some more goals if done properly, who knows maybe Eller/Kosty line is just what Gomez needs before he breaks out.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:20 PM
shamrun

Quote:
The thing is that Moen can be much more usefull on a 4th than Palushaj!
No moen is put to better use on the third line with eller and kost. The chemistry that line has shown is undeniable to me.

Blunden was the perfect compliment to the fourth line but we all know JM wont use him.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:20 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Love it, only problem like has already been said, is that I would put Moen with Eller and AK since that line is usually dynamite. Although this is about as good a chance as Palushaj's going to get, working with two linemates that already work well together. I missed the last game, did Gomez get injured again?

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

I'll play Eller with Cole and MaxPac for one game

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:24 PM
overlords
Hfboards

I'm surprised Eller wasn't filling water bottles after that disastrous game he had.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
Agreed.

Moen-Eller is starting to build some chemistry. Why change now?

Besides, AK-Eller-Palushaj may be a bit weak defensively.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

People need to stoooooooooooop picking on Darche. He is great in his role (12th forward)...just stop it. As for the lines, I'd put moen with AK and Eller thats for sure...honestly id like to see Gabriel Dumont on the team instead of Palushaj. Dumont showed some great things in the camp IMO, he deserves a chance.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:31 PM
crakced

Quote:
What s the problem with Darche on the 4th. People have something against him because Martin plays him on the powerplay. But he is the perfect 4th liner, always plays hard with heart, cheap, good guy and great for the local media!
I like Darche, but he is a fringe NHL'er and I don't know what it is, whether he has lost a step or what, but he isn't very effective this year. He has 1 goal in 22 games. Quite simply if we were more healthy he would have been scratched a few times this year, but we aren't so he continues to play. He plays hard, I just don't find him very effective this year.

crakced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:37 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Maybe when AK will be healthy enough to play. I expect the Habs to play with 7 defencemen for the weekend.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Rutabaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakced View Post
I like Darche, but he is a fringe NHL'er and I don't know what it is, whether he has lost a step or what, but he isn't very effective this year. He has 1 goal in 22 games. Quite simply if we were more healthy he would have been scratched a few times this year, but we aren't so he continues to play. He plays hard, I just don't find him very effective this year.

Its simple.
Look at how he's used and when he's used on faceoffs this year, and compare that with last year, where he was used on a consistent basis on the offensive zone. Its not true anymore, and we should be surprised that he does not gives you some scoring ?

And the number of options we have with Eller is extremely limited, because Desharnais cant be used regardless of the situation and the opponent.

Thats why last night, Martin changed his lines, and i dont know if anyone was watching that in particular, but i believe that most of our difficult shifts came once Gomez left, in particular because Desharnais not being protected anymore and Plekanec was not matched up with Staal line at first...yes Eller was good, but overall, we were not, and thats the most important thing we have to consider.

Anyway, Eller and his progress through the lineup are directly connected to the presence of a 5th quality winger.

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 06:01 PM
The Right Price

Gomez out --> better lines --> cash in!!

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 06:04 PM
m00ks

What a chance for Palushaj. Hope he makes the best of it.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 06:09 PM
WestIslander

Don't like them that much, I prefer:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Kostitsyn - Eller - Moen
Palushaj - Nokelainen - Darche

Gorges - Subban
Gill - Emelin
Weber - Diaz

Price
Budaj

- 3rd line right wing should be Moen because he deserves it and has already scored 7 goals this season, he works hard so reward him.

- Defense pairing of Weber and Diaz is excellent and has been so let Emelin play with Gill and learn like Subban did last season.

- WIN SOME GAMES!!!

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Patches - Pleks - Cammy
AK - Eller - Gio
Moen - DD - Cole

Do it.

Playmaker09 is online now   Reply With Quote