HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The Titans\Vols\Dores\Whatever other sport thread(IT ALL GOES HERE) Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2011, 11:31 PM
  #226
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,778
vCash: 500
Still can't believe this game is going to take place, read on twitter earlier tonight that they took paterno out of the intro video

Dave is a killer is offline  
Old
11-12-2011, 09:15 AM
  #227
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
Still can't believe this game is going to take place, read on twitter earlier tonight that they took paterno out of the intro video
Again, what does the game and the football program have to do with this?

Legionnaire11 is offline  
Old
11-12-2011, 10:25 AM
  #228
cleangene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful Bellevue
Posts: 945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Again, what does the game and the football program have to do with this?
Just that EVERYONE somehow connected with the tragic acts is connected with the school's football program which happens to be playing a football game today. That's all.

cleangene is offline  
Old
11-12-2011, 10:50 AM
  #229
brah
Registered User
 
brah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Again, what does the game and the football program have to do with this?
Wow.

That Paterno's/AD's/University Prez's/University Police's inaction lead to more child ****.

The entire city/establishment/athletic program enabled this monster to keep destroying lives with their inaction and "punishments."

Get caught showering with a young boy the university cops? No problem, just don't do it anymore.

Get caught by university janitors having oral sex with young boy in athletic facilities. No big deal.

Get caught anally ****** a boy in the lockerroom showers? No problem, just don't bring anymore kids around.

And if you think this dude woke up one day in 1993 and decided to start liking kids, you're dead wrong. Dude has been terrorizing for decades, it just hasn't come out yet. Think about what we knew a week ago. Four days ago. 24 hours ago. We're not close to the end of this rabbit hole. Now we're hearing rumors about him pimping out these kids to donors.

He took these kids to away games and bowl games.

Come on, stop defending the people who sat idly by and let this happen.

20 victims so far. How many more?

Why was pedo asked by joepa to step down after the '98 incident?

There has been a massive cover up since the '98 incident.

You are blind if you don't see what's really going on. Are you a Penn State grad or something?

edit:

is this real life?


brah is offline  
Old
11-12-2011, 01:40 PM
  #230
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,067
vCash: 500
rumors swirling about him running a prostitution ring with these kids for rich donors.

I think what people mean about what this has to do with the football program is it isn't a normal NCAA violation. Has nothing to do with the kids on the field, how they were recruited, how they live now. It has everything to do with Penn St.'s administration and their lack of follow through

token grinder is offline  
Old
11-12-2011, 10:34 PM
  #231
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,731
vCash: 500
exactly, it's a human tragedy, it's an issue of humanity and human morals. It's not a football issue. Supporting football and making the separation does not mean that anyone is supporting pedophiles.

It's like 9/11 if you suggested that anything less than blowing the entire middle east off the face of the earth, you were not a "true American" or something.

Legionnaire11 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 04:21 PM
  #232
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,219
vCash: 500
Anyone else hear Lee Corso this morning??? Aw ******* It

Gnashville is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 04:51 PM
  #233
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 42,201
vCash: 500
Keep in mind while discussing issues on this site that posters are asked to critique the opinion, not the poster.

and yeah I heard Corso's gaffe

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 05:14 PM
  #234
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hartland, Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24



AdmiralsFan24 is online now  
Old
11-24-2011, 04:47 PM
  #235
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,360
vCash: 500
Verlander wins AL MVP.

Canadians promptly cry foul and preach about how much Jose Bautista mattered in the Blue Jays' fourth-place finish in the AL East.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline  
Old
11-24-2011, 05:14 PM
  #236
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Verlander wins AL MVP.

Canadians promptly cry foul and preach about how much Jose Bautista mattered in the Blue Jays' fourth-place finish in the AL East.
The awards voting is one of the things in Baseball that is actually held back by tradition. It's so much about precedence and comparing historic numbers.

Verlander had to win, otherwise it would close the door on pitchers being able to win the MVP. His season was so dominant, that if he didn't win the MVP the question becomes "what could a pitcher possibly do to win?" because basically no other pitching season would be worthy.

In the NL, Kemp probably should have won, but it's gone to non-playoff teams so often recently that it becomes difficult for a player on a playoff team to win. The reason being, playoff teams require several good players who all have major contributions to the season, so you might have a Ryan Braun who doesn't win because the votes say "yeah, but they have Prince Fielder, and this player, and that player". But a great player on a non-playoff team has to carry the load himself, so he's techinically "more valuable" to his team.

Legionnaire11 is offline  
Old
11-24-2011, 05:37 PM
  #237
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
The awards voting is one of the things in Baseball that is actually held back by tradition. It's so much about precedence and comparing historic numbers.

Verlander had to win, otherwise it would close the door on pitchers being able to win the MVP. His season was so dominant, that if he didn't win the MVP the question becomes "what could a pitcher possibly do to win?" because basically no other pitching season would be worthy.

In the NL, Kemp probably should have won, but it's gone to non-playoff teams so often recently that it becomes difficult for a player on a playoff team to win. The reason being, playoff teams require several good players who all have major contributions to the season, so you might have a Ryan Braun who doesn't win because the votes say "yeah, but they have Prince Fielder, and this player, and that player". But a great player on a non-playoff team has to carry the load himself, so he's techinically "more valuable" to his team.
I don't like the Dodgers....in fact I like the Padres so I really have zero rooting interest in this......but my opinion is that the writers didn't necessarily not want to give it to a non-playoff team, but they didn't want to give the Cy Young and the MVP to players on the same team that didn't make the post season. I almost wonder if Kemp would've gotten the MVP if it was announced first, and maybe Kershaw would've missed out through the same theory.

Drake744 is offline  
Old
11-24-2011, 06:37 PM
  #238
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
But a great player on a non-playoff team has to carry the load himself, so he's techinically "more valuable" to his team.
I look at it a little differently, by asking this: would Team X have done what they were able to do without Player Y?

I think the Blue Jays would have finished fourth in the AL East without Bautista. There's no way the Tigers get to the ALCS without Verlander, and I'm not convinced they make the playoffs even with the lousy division they're in. Verlander was 13-1 against division opponents. Replace that with an average pitcher and the race is a LOT closer, and it probably increases the work load for the bullpen significantly, and they might break down late in the season.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline  
Old
11-24-2011, 06:55 PM
  #239
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I look at it a little differently, by asking this: would Team X have done what they were able to do without Player Y?

I think the Blue Jays would have finished fourth in the AL East without Bautista. There's no way the Tigers get to the ALCS without Verlander, and I'm not convinced they make the playoffs even with the lousy division they're in. Verlander was 13-1 against division opponents. Replace that with an average pitcher and the race is a LOT closer, and it probably increases the work load for the bullpen significantly, and they might break down late in the season.
I agree, just pointing out the reasoning.

I see no reason why Verlander shouldn't have won. And i'm glad that the voters were sensible.

Legionnaire11 is offline  
Old
11-26-2011, 04:41 PM
  #240
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,219
vCash: 500
NO Bowl for the Vols!!!!!! let the whining begin.

Gnashville is offline  
Old
11-26-2011, 08:04 PM
  #241
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,360
vCash: 500
Kentucky to Tennessee:


worstfaceoffmanever is offline  
Old
11-27-2011, 11:48 AM
  #242
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,731
vCash: 500
Love it. Though it means Vandy is probably head to the Liberty Bowl... who would ever want to go to Memphis?

Legionnaire11 is offline  
Old
11-27-2011, 01:52 PM
  #243
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Love it. Though it means Vandy is probably head to the Liberty Bowl... who would ever want to go to Memphis?
I don't think Memphians even want to go to Memphis. That'd certainly explain the Grizzlies' attendance...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline  
Old
12-08-2011, 10:21 AM
  #244
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,067
vCash: 500
and I thought Pujols knew what he had in STL as far as a legacy. Good for the Cardinals for drawing a line in the sand and refusing to inflate contracts. Maybe it is why they are the most consistant middle market club in the game.

token grinder is offline  
Old
12-08-2011, 04:25 PM
  #245
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 42,201
vCash: 500
A quarter of a billion dollars to play baseball... un-freakin'-real

Ah to be an athlete

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
12-08-2011, 05:53 PM
  #246
Brewhousesouth15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Franklin TN
Country: United States
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Lacrosse is popular in the high school/middle school in williamson and davidson counties. Could work here ifkids beg their parents. I personally play here in highschool.

Brewhousesouth15 is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 10:08 AM
  #247
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,067
vCash: 500
anyone else know boomer esiason captains a mens league hockey team?

token grinder is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 10:21 AM
  #248
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,731
vCash: 500
Didn't know that. I like him even more now.

Speaking of old QB's who were on crappy teams. Does anyone else just wish that Archie Manning would stop giving his opinion on every topic related to his kids?

Legionnaire11 is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 10:49 AM
  #249
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 9,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhousesouth15 View Post
Lacrosse is popular in the high school/middle school in williamson and davidson counties. Could work here ifkids beg their parents. I personally play here in highschool.
If my high school would get a team, I would play without a second thought.

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 11:12 AM
  #250
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Didn't know that. I like him even more now.

Speaking of old QB's who were on crappy teams. Does anyone else just wish that Archie Manning would stop giving his opinion on every topic related to his kids?
Living in East TN now I'm just sick of hearing the Name Manning to begin with. I'm hoping that God/Peyton gets traded from the Colts to a NFC team to watch all of the Indy "Fans" change to some other team around here. Peytonites are at the drunken Red Wings fan level of obnoxiousnesses

Gnashville is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.