HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hagelin and Mitchell up

Old
11-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Good for Hagelin! He has been real good in CT the games ive watched.
I bet MZA is a little annoyed right now, rightfully so I think haha.

Hellion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 06:13 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
6 g 17 A 23 points in 42 G averaging what 10-12 min of ice a game in a oppressively stagnant system as a rookie is hardly " not NHL READY . while these are not earth shattering numbers I'd like to imagine if we imported more skill players and less "" torts kind of plumbers " and played a puck control system MZA would be more than a serviceable NHL player .
MZA is no savior but he can make Plays . Torts coaches to not only win for the team but win TO KEEP HIS JOB . in his mind the only way the NYR can compete is to play the stagnant long dump and chase cycle game . MZA is def undersized and therefore not the best away from the puck . But if DANNY Briere , NATHAN Gerbe , Marchand and countless other undersized players can make it in the NHL a team like the NYR desperate for goals should give him a chance
The problem is those guys can fly. Zuccarello isn't a good skater, and its holding him back at the NHL level.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 06:17 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
A major problem with Zuccarello is his $850,000 in performance bonuses. If those bonuses are still reachable,they would count against the salary cap if the Rangers brought him up. No bonus cushion. He carries nearly a $1.3M cap hit. Pro-rated on the number of NHL days left on the schedule.

Bringing up both Hagelin and Mitchell puts the Rangers in the "at or near the upper limit" territory to benefit from long term IR.

The Rangers have $1,112,469 in space

Hagelin has $633,783 remaining.

Mitchell has $470,810 remaining.

A combined cap hit of $1,104,593. Leaves the Rangers at $7,876 in remaining space.

Maybe the Rangers will put a player(s) on long term IR because they put themselves in position to use long term IR.
Easy, dump Rupp's wasted 1.5 (waste for the player he is), call up Zuccarello.

Wolski comes back.

We added some skill.

What ever helps generate some offense.

Old
11-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Dorado*

Good point on MZA speed ,however I still believe he can be a somewhat productive player . I don't have a huge hard on for MZA like some I do however long for some players with speed and or skill with the puck that can make plays . I've seen enough of Feds , Boyle and even Prust . I want to see a 3rd line with some chance of making a okay other than stretch pass tip in hope to generate a turnover . Torts coaches this way because I keeps us in games because we have a world class goalie and its an attempt to limit NZ turnovers . Thing is the league has figured it out leaves a D man back or if they hav a good puck handling goalie or D MEN THAT can make Plays and beat guys one on one or for that matter beat 2 guys I all three F with one pass or move we are pretty much taken out if the game

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 06:22 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Not sure what the deal is with MZA. Seems that the team may have decided he's not in the plans, for whatever reason.

Good for Mitchell and Hagelin though. Mitchell is a good spare part that fits our system well, and Hagelin has a real chance to become a second/third line tweener and stick with the team for a long time. I've been a huge fan since his freshman season, so I'm very happy to see him up.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 06:29 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Good point on MZA speed ,however I still believe he can be a somewhat productive player . I don't have a huge hard on for MZA like some I do however long for some players with speed and or skill with the puck that can make plays . I've seen enough of Feds , Boyle and even Prust . I want to see a 3rd line with some chance of making a okay other than stretch pass tip in hope to generate a turnover . Torts coaches this way because I keeps us in games because we have a world class goalie and its an attempt to limit NZ turnovers . Thing is the league has figured it out leaves a D man back or if they hav a good puck handling goalie or D MEN THAT can make Plays and beat guys one on one or for that matter beat 2 guys I all three F with one pass or move we are pretty much taken out if the game
I have been hard on Zuccarello, but I too am to the point where im sick of the redundancy.

Fedotenko, Boyle, Prust, Avery are fourth line players and should be rotating on the fourth line.

I want a real 2nd/3rd line.

Wolski. Stepan. Gaborik
Hagelin. Richards. Callahan
Dubinsky. Anisimov. Zuccarello
Fedotenko/Avery. Boyle. Prust

At this point, just try to generate offense and creativity.

Old
11-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Zucc still getting top minutes in hartford.

Let him develop

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 06:45 PM
eco's bones

Hagelin can really skate. He's also produced fairly well. His +12 in 17 games (the next best Whale players is a +5) kind of gives me the idea he's been pretty responsible defensively. Leads the team in shots on goal. Of all the forwards in Hartford his overall stats are the best.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
I'm sure he could get 1 goal in 18 games.
Maybe he could.

He'd also continue to be lost away from the puck and in the defensive zone, which is the main reason hes not on a team thats starving for offensive creativity.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I have been hard on Zuccarello, but I too am to the point where im sick of the redundancy.

Fedotenko, Boyle, Prust, Avery are fourth line players and should be rotating on the fourth line.

I want a real 2nd/3rd line.

Wolski. Stepan. Gaborik
Hagelin. Richards. Callahan
Dubinsky. Anisimov. Zuccarello
Fedotenko/Avery. Boyle. Prust

At this point, just try to generate offense and creativity.
Thats the line i was hoping for before the season started, and Torts can keep up with his line jugling with the right wings..

The Hagelin-Michell-Zuccarello line has been fierce in connecticut. Zucc and Hagelin by far the best. Zucc 11 games 3+9 =12 and +5, Hagelin 17 games 7+6=13 +12!, Mitchell 17 games 7+7=14 +1. Mitchell had one assist and was -4 before Mats was put on his right wing. I would be pretty mad if i was Mats...

Atleast the whale will get to enjoy Audy-Marchessault and Zuccarello together, Audy-Marchessault has impressed me more than Mitchell! He only has one goal less than Mitchell, same amout of assists and is a +5 and thats without Mats on his wing 95 % of the time.

Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Maybe he could.

He'd also continue to be lost away from the puck and in the defensive zone, which is the main reason hes not on a team thats starving for offensive creativity.
despite that he was a +player for NYR last season, and has improved his defence this one. He even plays boxplay with the whale, well to i must add.

Old
11-24-2011, 07:16 PM
darko

Good for Hagelin. Bad luck for Zucca. Unfortunately there's just no room for him in top 6.

Oh and good for Johnny 'Malkin' Mitchell.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Wolfy
The Hobbit Rules!

Don't forget that Zuccarello was told to find an apartment in Hartford

This really tells much of the story.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Good for Hagelin. Bad luck for Zucca. Unfortunately there's just no room for him in top 6.

Oh and good for Johnny 'Malkin' Mitchell.
Theres room, Torts just wont try. and why only top 6 he played on the third line last season and was top 5 in scoring, top 3 in points per minute. why is that impossible this season? Thers even been room on Richards wing this season. That would be a treat, atleast in the offensive zone. if offence is what they need im quite sure Mats wouldnt be a lesser choice than Prust, Fedetenko, Avery and so on, on Richards wing? And what he could bring to the pp should also be a factor, atleast now when NYR are 29th in the league on the pp http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...=nav-sts-teams

Old
11-24-2011, 08:21 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

No time for numbers tonight but just thinking out loud -- this is probably cap related. If they have any intention of calling uop MZA, Stall would likely be put on LTIR. These moves get the Rangers close to the cap.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Personally, I think if Hagelin shows himself to be offensively active in the NHL, then I think we'll see Zuccarello up soon. I don't mean if Hagelin gets a bunch of assists, but rather if Hagelin is creating chances in the offensive zone.

I've been pretty clear about how I feel about Zuccarello. I have pretty big doubts on whether or not he's going to be a legitimate NHL player. I'd like nothing better than for him to prove me wrong. However, he's not going to do that playing with Fedotenko, Boyle, Prust, Rupp, and Deveaux. Christensen brings more to the table in that role than Zuccarello does. However, if they have even just one more player in the roster that can effectively move the puck off of the wall and towards the net in their bottom-6, it will create a role for Zuccarello. I'm not even talking about Hagelin showing top-6 offensive ability, just a nose for the net. I don't expect it, but if it happens, I think we might see Zuccarello up.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 08:33 PM
OverTheCap

Psyched to see Hagelin with the big club. Our poor skating was an issue against the speedy Canadiens and Panthers so Hagelin should definitely help in this department.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
No time for numbers tonight but just thinking out loud -- this is probably cap related. If they have any intention of calling uop MZA, Stall would likely be put on LTIR. These moves get the Rangers close to the cap.
They don't need Staal on IR. If Rupp and Kolarik are on IR, they would just need to send down Deveaux and Mitchell. When Rupp comes back, someone's probably getting demoted anyway.

Old
11-24-2011, 08:36 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
They don't need Staal on IR. If Rupp and Kolarik are on IR, they would just need to send down Deveaux and Mitchell. When Rupp comes back, someone's probably getting demoted anyway.
IR doesn't provide cap relief.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 08:46 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Long-term IR does. Can they put Staal on it retroactive to the beginning of the season?

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Not as such. It does allow you to go "over" the cap if you are using up the Cap already. You do realize that the Rangers are technically "over" the Cap right now, with these two call-ups, by about $1m (talking in yearly terms is just easier, rather than daily terms).

Old
11-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Long-term IR does. Can they put Staal on it retroactive to the beginning of the season?
There is only one kind of IR in the NHL, since we are being technical here

Old
11-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
A major problem with Zuccarello is his $850,000 in performance bonuses. If those bonuses are still reachable,they would count against the salary cap if the Rangers brought him up. No bonus cushion. He carries nearly a $1.3M cap hit. Pro-rated on the number of NHL days left on the schedule.

Bringing up both Hagelin and Mitchell puts the Rangers in the "at or near the upper limit" territory to benefit from long term IR.

The Rangers have $1,112,469 in space

Hagelin has $633,783 remaining.

Mitchell has $470,810 remaining.

A combined cap hit of $1,104,593. Leaves the Rangers at $7,876 in remaining space.

Maybe the Rangers will put a player(s) on long term IR because they put themselves in position to use long term IR.
The Rangers only have that much space if you don't include bonuses at all. Which I don't understand why you wouldn't... since Average Club Salary does...

Old
11-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

Excited to see Hagelin play, like this guy alot.

Swedish Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:12 PM
district9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
NY Rangers stats:

#1 in power play points per minute last season
#3 in overall points per minute last season
#5 in points per game last season

Yeah he really showed he was not good enough, lol.
if your only contribution is on the powerplay you should not be on an nhl team. 5 on 5 he is complete liability. we have a team full of guys who pass well and don't finish well, we don't need any more. the rest of those guys are also much better defensively, and much more balanced players. 6 goals in 42 games isn't exactly what we're looking for. he doesn't skate well, he doesn't forecheck, he's an average shooter and gets bullied around by everyone bigger than him on the ice (so...everyone on the ice)

if you watched him in the nhl this preseason and regular season he has been completely undeserving of a spot.

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote