HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Discussion including Fantasy Talk, #12

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Vancouver had an optional skate today and only 5 players showed up. Both Lu and Schneider, Ballard, Sulzer, and 21(who might be Bitz?) That's sad I think, I would be disappointed as a coach and a team-mate. And I get that it's only optional and players might be nursing injuries and stuff but come on 5 players!
Even if you don't plan on working hard you should at least show up and do something. I doubt Thanksgiving is to blame, right?

11-23-2011, 01:02 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Vancouver had an optional skate today and only 5 players showed up. Both Lu and Schneider, Ballard, Sulzer, and 21(who might be Bitz?) That's sad I think, I would be disappointed as a coach and a team-mate. And I get that it's only optional and players might be nursing injuries and stuff but come on 5 players!
interesting that none of the A's and C's showed up

Old
11-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Even if you don't plan on working hard you should at least show up and do something. I doubt Thanksgiving is to blame, right?
I can say I wouldn't blame thanksgiving. Thanksgiving it tomorrow anyway, everybody has work today(well almost haha). As revup said it has to be dissappointing that your C or A's didnt show up. Where is the leadership on the team?

Old
11-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Yeah, it's really weird.

Old
11-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Prongo
Beer

Ha this is funny...

Old
11-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
It was the islanders..
With Anders Nilsson in net..
Come on, now. Since we're both Flyers fans, I really hope you don't eat your "it was the Islanders" words tonight.

Old
11-23-2011, 02:07 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Your problem here is that you assume I'm basing this off of one game. The Pens were a top team last year without Crosby and the best team in the conference this year without Crosby. Now with Crosby back, who is widely considered the best player in the league and was at an absolutely absurd PPG pace prior to his concussion, how is it unreasonable to assume that they're a scary good team now?

Because the Pens were only good mostly cause they exploited the hell out of the regular season system. They would play 1-1, 2-2, maybe 3-3 games then play for the shootout which they were very good at. They had an insane number of shootout wins which is why we were still ahead of them even considering they had more wins and the same point total. Once they got to the playoffs and Tampa pulled their head out of their ass the Pen couldn't score for ****. So no I'm really not too worried.

Old
11-24-2011, 10:01 AM
mirimon

Even the best goalies make mistakes...

Old
11-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post

Even the best goalies make mistakes...
Will Rinne ever be worth his contract?

Old
11-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Nope, that was Weber's fault.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
11-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
This is more about the three games in four nights on the road. Lou, Ballard and Raymond (#21) are all either injured or just returning from injury and are out there get their legs back under them. Same for Sulzer who rarely plays. Schneider is just out there in case there is an opportunity to "accidentally" trip up Luongo and re-injure his groin.

Old
11-24-2011, 12:46 PM
mirimon

Blake Comeau might have played his last game as an Islander yesterday. He's on waivers. 0 goals, 0 assists and -11 suggests he hasn't been playing that great either. Quite a fall from 24 goals and 22 assists (the season before that he had 17 goals in just 61 games).

Another player on the outs is Niclas Bergfors, who is on unconditional waivers after having cleared regular waivers yesterday. If no one claims him this time either, his contract will be terminated and he is most likely Euro bound.

Old
11-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Blake Comeau might have played his last game as an Islander yesterday. He's on waivers. 0 goals, 0 assists and -11 suggests he hasn't been playing that great either. Quite a fall from 24 goals and 22 assists (the season before that he had 17 goals in just 61 games).

Another player on the outs is Niclas Bergfors, who is on unconditional waivers after having cleared regular waivers yesterday. If no one claims him this time either, his contract will be terminated and he is most likely Euro bound.
How can his contract just be terminated?

Old
11-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
How can his contract just be terminated?
13.21 (a) When a Club desires to terminate a Player's SPC for any reason, such
action may not be taken until Unconditional Waivers have been requested and cleared in
conformity with this Article. Notwithstanding this provision, a Player with a no-move
clause shall have the rights set forth in Section 11.8.

Per CBA... Not entirely sure but I think Bergfors has to agree to this correct??

Old
11-25-2011, 05:29 AM
mirimon

Quote:
13.21 (a) When a Club desires to terminate a Player's SPC for any reason, such
action may not be taken until Unconditional Waivers have been requested and cleared in
conformity with this Article. Notwithstanding this provision, a Player with a no-move
clause shall have the rights set forth in Section 11.8.

Per CBA... Not entirely sure but I think Bergfors has to agree to this correct??
Yeah, as far as I can understand, if both team and player wants out of the contract, they can put the guy on unconditional waivers - and if no other team wants to pick up the player the contract is terminated. That's what we did with Lehtivuori before he returned to Europe (Washington did so with one of their former prospects as well, can't remember his name).

Guess this happens mostly with guys on two-way deals. Bergfors is on a one-way deal, but doesn't make that much money and has no desire to ride the buses in the AHL, and can probably make as much or even more if he finds a team in the KHL.

Old
11-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Eric Lindros.

Hey.

Old
11-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Because the Pens were only good mostly cause they exploited the hell out of the regular season system. They would play 1-1, 2-2, maybe 3-3 games then play for the shootout which they were very good at. They had an insane number of shootout wins which is why we were still ahead of them even considering they had more wins and the same point total. Once they got to the playoffs and Tampa pulled their head out of their ass the Pen couldn't score for ****. So no I'm really not too worried.
You are missing his point, Pens were without Malkin and Crosby and Neal could not get his game going. I can also say that Staal missed about half of the season among other things.

You are not worried? You do not have to worry becuase Pens is the best team in the East and arguable in the NHL with Malkin and Crosby back.

Old
11-25-2011, 12:09 PM
EasyMac

Quote:
I can say I wouldn't blame thanksgiving. Thanksgiving it tomorrow anyway, everybody has work today(well almost haha). As revup said it has to be dissappointing that your C or A's didnt show up. Where is the leadership on the team?
Thanksgiving is not much of an excuse as it occurred weeks ago up here nor of the border.

Old
11-25-2011, 12:50 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 597
Suspended for the game against the Flyers:

Quote:
NEW YORK -- New York Rangers forward Andre Deveaux has been suspended, without pay, for three games for delivering an illegal check to the head of Florida forward Tomas Fleischmann during NHL Game #307 Wednesday night in Sunrise, Fla., the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=603118

Old
11-25-2011, 12:55 PM
mirimon

That hit was ugly.

In other news, Pavel Datsyuk is awesome.

Old
11-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

I wouldnt say that is news

Old
11-25-2011, 01:40 PM
mirimon

You're probably right. He isn't even known as a playoff choker anymore, I believe...

Sometimes I suspect Larionov didn't just tutor Datsyuk in his early NHL career, but actually is his father.

On that note, Filppula might be related to Craig Smith somehow...

Old
11-25-2011, 04:46 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
You are missing his point, Pens were without Malkin and Crosby and Neal could not get his game going. I can also say that Staal missed about half of the season among other things.

You are not worried? You do not have to worry becuase Pens is the best team in the East and arguable in the NHL with Malkin and Crosby back.
You're absolutely right. There should be no doubt how good they can be as long as their defense is healthy, MAF is playing well, and Bylsma is coaching...then add in Croz, Geno, and Staal. They almost won the division last year with 2/3rds of their AHL team playing in the big league.

But I won't count out our chances against them, healthy or not. We have a dangerous team if they decide they want to win a game. We're close to having our own AHL team up in the NHL right now.

Old
11-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Crosby elbowed Foligno in the head apparently..
Think any suspension comes of it?
Seriously doubt anything will happen

Old
11-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Crosby mixed it up with Ottawa's Nick Foligno early in the third period, the start of a brief dust-up in which Crosby and Foligno exchanged cross-checks, before the Penguins star elbowed Foligno in the head.

"It's not a big deal, but it is something that he preached all summer about that we should limit that and then he goes and does it, so I was just a little disappointed," Foligno said. "But, you know, that's a small part of the game and it's over now."
Interesting...

Closed Thread