HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avtsin to play 10 matches for "Montreal"

Old
11-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAvtsin View Post
Please ! Anyone who hasn't seen him play refrain from making stupid comments like HE IS NOT READY ! I saw him play. He will benefit from a call up. He has Great skill and is fast...

Watch him play before bashing him.
he will not play for the Habs this year if he don't start to produce in the AHL. Leblanc will be call before him

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:56 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
I find it hard to believe, the Habs don't tend to promise anything like this.
Exactly,can't ever remember anything like that happen before.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 06:38 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Doesn't matter what his learning curve or potential is right now, the guy isn't NHL ready and sure as hell isn't getting 10 games. Say what you will, but plaushaj with all the injures got the call up first, I don't imagine Avtsin as the 2nd call up either.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 07:06 PM
HTTP 400

vCash: 50
Russian sports sites are known for making things up or misquoting athletes, mostly when it comes to russian players playing in the NHL. (correct though me if you know this site is 100% credible)

Let's try something guys... take a deep breath and close your eyes for a few seconds. Think about it. Do you really think Pierre Gauthier would give this kind of guaranty to an AHL player? Then think again, do you really think, if Gauthier did, that Jacques Martin would actually use him? For 10 games?

Now, reopen your eyes. Let's move on.

HTTP 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 07:20 PM
shutehinside

I'm sure it's a case of his agent taking a shot across PG's bow thatnif he doesmt call up Avtsin, he'll likely go back to Russia when his contract is up.

At the end of the day, does anyone really think the Habs wouldn't LOVE. A 6'3" power forward sniping int their line up!? If he was ready I'm sure he'd have been called up along time ago. Fact is, he's not. Not by a long shot.hopefully he will put it together but he's not there now, so why bellyache over it?

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
he will not play for the Habs this year if he don't start to produce in the AHL. Leblanc will be call before him
Yes of course he will ! The same leblanc who is in his 1rst year pro. Avtsin played in the KHL and in the AHL. He has more experience than Leblanc. We aren't rushing Leblanc like we did for patches.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 07:54 PM

I will agree with the poster who said Avtsin could be a harder working version of Kostitsyn. So far, he hasn't showed exactly the same skillset, but he does have some tools to work with. I liked his size, speed and hustle in pre-season. If he can find his offensive game in Hamilton (which he hasn't so far), watch out.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
I will agree with the poster who said Avtsin could be a harder working version of Kostitsyn. So far, he hasn't showed exactly the same skillset, but he does have some tools to work with. I liked his size, speed and hustle in pre-season. If he can find his offensive game in Hamilton (which he hasn't so far), watch out.
To be fair, we'll see how he does in the next couple of months, but he does have 5 points in his last 6 games.

Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 08:59 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
Exactly,can't ever remember anything like that happen before.
I know I'm really nitpicking here but why the emoticon? It would be advantageous to both parties for Avtsin to get a couple of games in the NHL just to see where he's at. To this day, nearly every single player that the team eased in the lineup has either become an asset or is playing for us.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:06 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
AK 1st year with 'Dogs 66 12 11 23
AA 1st year with 'Dogs 58 5 15 20

AK only started burning the league in his third year when he finally became a hab full time, and if I remember correctly the momentum carried over and the AK-Plek-Kovy line came to be a true #1 line that we had since, what, forever?

Avtsin is doing fine, and while I don't see him getting 10 games, it surely wouldn't harm him.

Old
11-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Playing well with Louis Leblanc.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
AK 1st year with 'Dogs 66 12 11 23
AA 1st year with 'Dogs 58 5 15 20

AK only started burning the league in his third year when he finally became a hab full time, and if I remember correctly the momentum carried over and the AK-Plek-Kovy line came to be a true #1 line that we had since, what, forever?

Avtsin is doing fine, and while I don't see him getting 10 games, it surely wouldn't harm him.

AK faced tougher opposition in the AHL due to the lockout. Though he also had better teammates.

Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
seems like he hasn't improved since we drafted him. I don;t know why most people love him so much. Must be because he's big. 3rd line player at best at some point in his career IMHO.
His skill level is higher than a third liner, if he does play in the NHL it will most likely be as a second liner.

Then again I haven't seen enough of him to make an adequate prediction either

Guess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:22 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
I know I'm really nitpicking here but why the emoticon? It would be advantageous to both parties for Avtsin to get a couple of games in the NHL just to see where he's at. To this day, nearly every single player that the team eased in the lineup has either become an asset or is playing for us.
It's the "Cheers" emoticon, couldn't find another one that had beer in it.

Old
11-24-2011, 09:23 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
AK faced tougher opposition in the AHL due to the lockout. Though he also had better teammates.
Maybe, because he literally doubled his production the year after. He was one of two PPG players in Hamilton his final year though. But anyway, that does't matter because Avtsin has been playing mostly with ECHL scrubs in his first year as well... his production came mostly from late in the season. This year he's on a good pace, and if he finishes as strong... heck, a couple of games with the CH will be a no brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
It's the "Cheers" emoticon, couldn't find another one that had beer in it.
Sorry I thought it was cheerful for you that he wouldn't and shouldn't see any action with the big club. My mistake.

Old
11-24-2011, 09:42 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
And i can garantee you, not one of them has even seen him play an entire game. They are just playing sheep.
exactly, but I'm not surprised.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 10:09 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
And i can garantee you, not one of them has even seen him play an entire game. They are just playing sheep.
I have. I even have his autographed stick. From what I've seen, he hasn't impressed me much.

Quote:
Please ! Anyone who hasn't seen him play refrain from making stupid comments like HE IS NOT READY ! I saw him play. He will benefit from a call up. He has Great skill and is fast...

Watch him play before bashing him.
He is nowhere near the NHL level. Weak as hell, floats and doesn't fight for pucks.

Quote:
Yes of course he will ! The same leblanc who is in his 1rst year pro. Avtsin played in the KHL and in the AHL. He has more experience than Leblanc. We aren't rushing Leblanc like we did for patches.
I still say Leblanc comes up before Avtsin.

Quote:
Harder working Kostitsyn? Gotta work before you can work hard.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:44 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
He is nowhere near the NHL level. Weak as hell, floats and doesn't fight for pucks.
He played nothing like that in pre-season. He backchecked and was hitting a lot. One of the more noticeable players in those games. Maybe he just doesn't care about the AHL? I'd say give him 2-3 games so he knows how he needs to evolve his game to stick in the NHL. This is the season to turn around our bad luck with Russians! Bring back Perezhogin()!

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:49 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
He played nothing like that in pre-season. He backchecked and was hitting a lot. One of the more noticeable players in those games. Maybe he just doesn't care about the AHL? I'd say give him 2-3 games so he knows how he needs to evolve his game to stick in the NHL. This is the season to turn around our bad luck with Russians! Bring back Perezhogin()!
If you include BELArussians, this should be the season's theme, you're on to something!

Old
11-24-2011, 11:59 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Can't evaluate players based on the pre-season. Not caring about the AHL is a bad idea when trying to make the NHL.

Old
11-25-2011, 12:00 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Can't evaluate players based on the pre-season. Not caring about the AHL is a bad idea when trying to make the NHL.
Worked for Sergei Kostitsyn and Mikhail Grabovski.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:16 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
I think this line of thought is flawed. Who says they don't care for the AHL? Sure a simplistic logic equasion might seem like the correct answer here such as player X doesn't fare well in an inferior league (let's pretend no circumstantial factors come in to play, such as ice time and quality linemates) but steps up in during a try out for a more advanced league; call it role, career, status. The fact that some players tend to do better in these situations doesn't necessarily mean they flat out don't "care" for the inferior league.. Sure there is a motivational factor behind their success, but does the outcome reflect their true potential in these auditions? I say yes. It's why they are called that, because you're supposed to go balls out, pedal to the metal in them. It is more reflective of their true potential than, say, a drawn out calendar of 80-or-so games, imo. We definitely saw this in Subban during the pre-season before he made the team and even more so in the WJC because it was a small sample size of a player giving it everything he got. And for this very same reason, I am very confident about Tinordi (preseason) and Leblanc (WJC). Avtsin can bring it when it matters, and that says more about him than anything else.

Old
11-25-2011, 12:20 AM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Worked for Sergei Kostitsyn and Mikhail Grabovski.
Grabo scored 54 pts in 66 games, including something rediculous like 16 pts in 5 games. Sergei pouted.

Old
11-25-2011, 07:37 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:

Sorry I thought it was cheerful for you that he wouldn't and shouldn't see any action with the big club. My mistake.
Nah, I don't have any issue with Avtsin, I honestly haven't seen him play much, but I can see why there's excitement for him to succeed.

Old
11-25-2011, 08:07 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
[/b]

100% agree with the bolded paragraph.

And no I never said AK was fat but for at least the 3rd time I admit I was wrong and that it was emelin not Avtsin
All good dude. I just found it funny that at the beginning of the season people were saying AK was fat. Same with in past seasons and when they showed the guy without a shirt on he was ripped like crazy. Not even close to fat.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote