HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: 1st star : posts; Habs win in SO

Old
11-25-2011, 05:09 AM
habsjunkie2*

vCash: 500
I would like to sit through a series of games with mathman and count Quality scoring chances, rather than read a shot chart and see if there is any truth to shot quality not having a bearing on team scoring.

He's likely correct over the long haul, because even shots that aren't consider high quality often times end up in the back of the net, but maybe we could get closer to reality in why the habs have trouble scoring. It would be an interesting exercise if nothing else. In order for a shot to register as a quality chance we both have to agree.

If mathman is unable to do this, would any other mod/posters be willing to do this with me, be nice to have 6 or 8 people involved and majority rules. If he have 6, it would take 4 votes for a quality chance and so on and so forth, any takers?

If we do get posters willing to take part, we would have to vote on the criteria of what makes a shot of high quality, was it uncontested, does it have a high probability of resulting in a goal ect.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:23 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I would like to sit through a series of games with mathman and count Quality scoring chances, rather than read a shot chart and see if there is any truth to shot quality not having a bearing on team scoring.
It's been done. enattendantlesnordiques.blogspot.com . Scoring chances counts for every game.

And a fantastic blog on the Habs, if you read French.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:29 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
It's been done. enattendantlesnordiques.blogspot.com . Scoring chances counts for every game.

And a fantastic blog on the Habs, if you read French.
Sry, but I prefer to do these things myself rather than rely on what someone else to do the work, I'll take that as a you're not interested though.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote