HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post rebuild Sens!

Old
11-21-2011, 07:00 PM
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!

vCash: 50
This is what I'm hoping for in a couple of years.

Silfverberg / Spezza / Michalek
Prince / Zibanejad / Stone
Hoffman / Grant / Noesen
Daugavins / Smith / Condra

Cowen / Karlsson
Borocop / Rundblad
Wiercioch / Gryba

Think they are pretty well balanced, rooting for Grant to be our new Kelly in terms of hockey IQ, please god give him better hands than Kelly

The Turret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

vCash: 500
Currently I can see this down the line...

Matt Puempel - Jason Spezza - Milan Michalek
Jakub Silfverberg - Mika Zibanejad - Mark Stone
Shane Prince - Stephane Da Costa - Stefan Noesen
Colin Greening - Zack Smith - Chris Neil

Chris Phillips - David Rundblad
Mark Borowiecki - Erik Karlsson
Jared Cowen - Brian Lee

Robin Lehner
Craig Anderson

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Minister of Offence

I do have to say the problem with these threads is the assumptions that our lineup will be comprised 100% of homegrown players.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I do have to say the problem with these threads is the assumptions that our lineup will be comprised 100% of homegrown players.
Exactly it's not going to happen like that...On the Calgary broadcast the other night they mentioned that Calgary only had (I forget the exact #) 3 or 4 guys on the roster that they actually drafted.

Which is probably why Calgary is in the position they're in.

Last edited by Dysentery: 11-21-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Dysentery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:27 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
What's wrong with that? Thats how the Sens were successful in the past. I fully expect some kind of trade or signing down the line for an impact player or two but those are impossible to predict in a thread like this.

FolignoQuantumLeap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:30 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalott613 View Post
Exactly it's not going to happen like that...On the Calgary broadcast the other night they mentioned that Calgary only had (I forget the exact #) 3 or 4 guys on the roster that they actually drafted.

Which is probably why Calgary is in the position they're in.
Terrible example. Calgary has been one of the worst drafting organizations for the last decade, of course they will only have 3 or 4 guys. Plus they are one of the leagues oldest teams. Look more at Chicago, Pittsburgh, Washington or Detroit. Those teams are all built on players drafted and developed by their respective organizations.

Old
11-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
What's wrong with that? Thats how the Sens were successful in the past. I fully expect some kind of trade or signing down the line for an impact player or two but those are impossible to predict in a thread like this.
Were we 100% homegrown in the past? (I'm actually asking)

If so, then I sort of retract it, although it's not likely. The fact it is impossible to predict is kind of why these threads are pointless in my mind.

Old
11-21-2011, 08:37 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Were we 100% homegrown in the past? (I'm actually asking)

If so, then I sort of retract it, although it's not likely. The fact it is impossible to predict is kind of why these threads are pointless in my mind.
Not 100% but very close. I more look at this thread as "which prospects do you think will pan out", because that's what it really is.

Old
11-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

Quote:
Terrible example. Calgary has been one of the worst drafting organizations for the last decade, of course they will only have 3 or 4 guys. Plus they are one of the leagues oldest teams. Look more at Chicago, Pittsburgh, Washington or Detroit. Those teams are all built on players drafted and developed by their respective organizations.
I just stated that example because it was fresh in my mind, and it was quite shocking that a team could only have 3 or so guys on it that they actually drafted.

Meanwhile guys are posting rosters of 100% drafted guys on it in, thats probably not going to happen.

Dysentery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:45 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalott613 View Post
I just stated that example because it was fresh in my mind, and it was quite shocking that a team could only have 3 or so guys on it that they actually drafted.

Meanwhile guys are posting rosters of 100% drafted guys on it in, thats probably not going to happen.
Definitely not going to happen but it's more probAble than saying Rick Nash or, Eric Staal or Shea Weber will be on the team. Gotta go with what's there. Anyways it's a pretty safe assumption that an enormous part of the core will be developed by Ottawa.

Side note though: if people are including Rundblad, Michalek and Filatov than its not 100% drafted by Ottawa :p

Old
11-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Not 100% but very close. I more look at this thread as "which prospects do you think will pan out", because that's what it really is.
Yeah that's basically what I did on the last page, in that over-elaborate waste-of-time-of-a-post. All you can really do is identify the guys that are on the cusp and the organization is loving (Boro), spot the priority prospects taken in earlier rounds. And then take your guesses as to which guys currently on the roster won't be kept, even if they are NHL players. After that it gets fuzzy...

Old
11-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Bueller

We could easily have one of the best bottom 6s in the league in a few years. Success will obviously depend on the top 6 (through Spezza/Michalek maintaining their play, the development of our prospects and any FA acquisitions).

Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:36 AM
Canuckman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
loving this defense
IMO I say that Wiercioch & Gryba are gonzo to other teams in a trade or are not qualified.

Canuckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:44 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Do not you count with Filatov? IMO his skill, etc is better than Puempel, Silfverberg etc. He only needs clean his head.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:17 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

2015 - 2016 Season

Keep in mind that as some of these prospects become NHL ready some of our players who are good today may start regressing. I'm thinking of Michalek with his bad knees, how long can he keep going at this pace. I also think that hockey will evolve to have 4 scoring lines but include some tough players who can also play.

Puempel - Spezza - Stone
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Greening - Grant - Butler
Kramer - Z. Smith - Noesen/Prince

Cowen - Karlsson
Boroweicki - Rundblad - Boro could be replaced by Reinhart if the Sens draft him in 2012
Weircioch - Gryba - these two might not make it or be replaced
Claesson - Fransoo - these two will push for a roster spot

Lehner - ???????

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 05:35 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Do not you count with Filatov? IMO his skill, etc is better than Puempel, Silfverberg etc. He only needs clean his head.
To me it was never fully about Filly's attitude. Filatov needs to get stronger or else he may never stick.

Filatov gets pushed around more than Butler. He needs to bulk up and he will have a great career. I still consider Filatov a legit top prospect for us and needs to stay steady on his development(Since it was sidetracked in CLB) and improve physically.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:01 AM
Answer

Team's Core

Team's Future

Talented, but with somewhat uncertainty

Filatov/??? - Spezza - Silfverberg

Puempel/??? - Zibanejad - ???

Foligno - Regin - Greening/Noesens

Daugavins - ZSmith - Condra/???

Stone, Petersson, and Prince all have an outside chance..

Answer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:58 PM
MattSens65

Quote:
Of the 26 players to dress for at least one game this season, 19 are homegrown, which is 73%. Not necessairly drafted, but homegrown. That's roughly 3 out of 4 players. Not bad if you ask me, plus we got young guys developping in several different leagues with good potential of becoming NHL players. So that 73% is probably on its way up.

MattSens65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:01 PM
GreatStateofHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer View Post
Team's Core

Team's Future

Talented, but with somewhat uncertainty

Filatov/??? - Spezza - Silfverberg

Puempel/??? - Zibanejad - ???

Foligno - Regin - Greening/Noesens

Daugavins - ZSmith - Condra/???

Stone, Petersson, and Prince all have an outside chance..
Michalek?

GreatStateofHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSens65 View Post
Of the 26 players to dress for at least one game this season, 19 are homegrown, which is 73%. Not necessairly drafted, but homegrown. That's roughly 3 out of 4 players. Not bad if you ask me, plus we got young guys developping in several different leagues with good potential of becoming NHL players. So that 73% is probably on its way up.
Yeah I was off. We won't be 100% but it's possible we get pretty close.

Old
11-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Filatov deserves a call up. We need to send someone down, the only other player on a two way contract that is waiver exempt is DaCosta.

But we are short at center right now. Why not send DaCosta down, bring nikky up and move Foligno to center? He is a natural center and that is how he was drafted.

Greening - Spezza - 9MM
Filatov - Foligno - Alfy
Daug - Smith - Condra
Winchester - Konopka - Butler
Neil (injury)

just my thoughts..

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Filatov deserves a call up. We need to send someone down, the only other player on a two way contract that is waiver exempt is DaCosta.

But we are short at center right now. Why not send DaCosta down, bring nikky up and move Foligno to center? He is a natural center and that is how he was drafted.

Greening - Spezza - 9MM
Filatov - Foligno - Alfy
Daug - Smith - Condra
Neil (injury)

just my thoughts..
Nick moved to wing because he's not a natural center at the NHL level. I really doubt it would work. We're gonna have to wait until Regin's back to send Da Costa down.

Old
11-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Keep in mind that as some of these prospects become NHL ready some of our players who are good today may start regressing. I'm thinking of Michalek with his bad knees, how long can he keep going at this pace. I also think that hockey will evolve to have 4 scoring lines but include some tough players who can also play.

Puempel - Spezza - Stone
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Greening - Grant - Butler
Kramer - Z. Smith - Noesen/Prince

Cowen - Karlsson
Boroweicki - Rundblad - Boro could be replaced by Reinhart if the Sens draft him in 2012
Weircioch - Gryba - these two might not make it or be replaced
Claesson - Fransoo - these two will push for a roster spot

Lehner - ???????
hopefully michalek is still good to go, but even if he's not, what you have there is a pretty good starting point to a quality team and that's not including any other draft picks between now and then.

if not hoffman, then prince could probably step into that spot. silfverberg would have to do some more scoring in that case though. petersson looked pretty good with zibanejad in preseason. i wonder how a silfverberg-zibanejad-petersson line would do? pageau could steal a spot. i could see one of pageau, prince, or hoffman working there.

my fantasy/dream lines are close to what you have there. there just isn't any room if 3/4 of the prospects work out like we hope.

on d there's also blood who's looking pretty good.

at some point another top center is going to be needed once spezza is gone. cause without him there, it's not looking half as good.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 02:46 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
hopefully michalek is still good to go, but even if he's not, what you have there is a pretty good starting point to a quality team and that's not including any other draft picks between now and then.

if not hoffman, then prince could probably step into that spot. silfverberg would have to do some more scoring in that case though. petersson looked pretty good with zibanejad in preseason. i wonder how a silfverberg-zibanejad-petersson line would do? pageau could steal a spot. i could see one of pageau, prince, or hoffman working there.

my fantasy/dream lines are close to what you have there. there just isn't any room if 3/4 of the prospects work out like we hope.

on d there's also blood who's looking pretty good.

at some point another top center is going to be needed once spezza is gone. cause without him there, it's not looking half as good.
Which is why Murray is pursuing Turris, my guess is that he still has the potential to be a #1 centre.
Ottawa will still have another two or three drafts of players to choose from plus who they might sign who are not signed (NCAA) & then there is always the possibility of trades or deadline pickups. Lots of possibilities to add to the prospect list. I'm not so sure that Petersson or Pageau ever make it to the NHL, size may prevent it.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 07:54 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post

Greening - Spezza - 9MM
Filatov - Foligno - Alfy
Daug - Smith - Condra
Neil (injury)

just my thoughts..
Quote:
Nick moved to wing because he's not a natural center at the NHL level. I really doubt it would work. We're gonna have to wait until Regin's back to send Da Costa down.
How close was i to calling it?

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote