HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT: 11/22 - NYR @ BUF

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
not the greatest game but i gotta believe these guys are starting to drag a little with all these games...well, besides jagr. he somehow still seems to have energy

buffalo played hard all game and after the first, the rangers did a decent job matching it...couldn't really take the momentum away much but made a game of it...weekes was really good, the defense was ok but not great...good enough to get the win i guess, and jagr's line was great. not much offense from the other lines really but you can always rely on the 3rd and 4th lines to create some momentum throughout the game

weekes looked bad on the shootout though...too stationary and let the first two guys beat him easy

definatly would like to see them start the games faster but jeez, i'll take the win...

Old
11-22-2005, 09:14 PM
Levitate

if i'm not mistaken, jagr now leads the leage in points (37 to forsbergs 36) and is tied in goals

probably has played more games though

Old
11-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
This game should've been 5 or 6 to 1 though with all the ****ing posts they hit tonight. That really pissed me off!

Old
11-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
if i'm not mistaken, jagr now leads the leage in points (37 to forsbergs 36) and is tied in goals

probably has played more games though
Yeah, played more then forsberg by 4 games..whatever though, Jagr is still having an absolutely amazing season.

Old
11-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Yet another great hardworking win. This team is pretty good.

Old
11-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

This was a frustrating, frustrating game. With the way things were going, with all the posts being hit and the remarkable saves by Noronen, I would've bet anyone $100 we would have lost that game. That Nylander goal was insane, he had absolutely no angle at all.

Kudos to the Rangers for helping out Jagr by killing off that penalty at the end of regulation...and then Jagr rewarded his teammates with the shootout winner.

Man oh man does it feel good to be winning.

Old
11-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Bretzky*

WOOOOOOOOOO
Great performance by the big line tonight. They stepped it up when the rest of our forwards seemed to be dragging as already mentioned. Solid team effort, though.

I LOVE THE SHOOTOUT.

Old
11-22-2005, 09:30 PM
homer525

I know we've played more games than all the other teams in the league, but i just looked as saw that the Rangers are 1 pt behind 2 teams for the most in the league....can you believe that?? Who would've thought that in the beginning of the season that late in November we would be a point from the most points in the league

Old
11-22-2005, 10:06 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

If there are still doubters about this team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
This was a frustrating, frustrating game. With the way things were going, with all the posts being hit and the remarkable saves by Noronen, I would've bet anyone $100 we would have lost that game. That Nylander goal was insane, he had absolutely no angle at all.

Kudos to the Rangers for helping out Jagr by killing off that penalty at the end of regulation...and then Jagr rewarded his teammates with the shootout winner.

Man oh man does it feel good to be winning.

this game is a prime example of why this team is for real. In years past we lose this game and lose it by a lot. It would lead to more problems in coming games and just snowball. Instead you see a team that perseveres and finds ways to stay in games and capitialize on breaks. Solid, if not great PKing and Goaltending that brings back memories of the tandem of Giacomin and Villemure as keys to the success we are having. Some people say that we are not tough. They mistake rough for finishing your checks. This team finishes its checks, especially the forwards.

Old
11-22-2005, 10:16 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
I just heard a stat- the Rangers have hit 8 posts in 2 games against the Sabres. Thats insane!

Old
11-22-2005, 11:35 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Huge Win

Huge Huge Huge 2 Points. Comeback win, on the road, things not going their way - hitting posts left and right, not taking advantage of the pp's in the first...but yet they get another W.
Philly loses, the Rangers are 4 points up in the standings for first place. Huge Win. They are simply getting it DONE. WOW.

I keep watching and waiting for Philly to take over first because I expected them to be there by this part of the season, but im slowly seeing that even though they have games in hand, their a home game team and their defense is spotty and their goaltending suspect. Its hard because i try to hold myslef from becoming overconfident with this team. But im almost appauled that the Rangers are in first place and are playing like they are trying to make a playoff spot every night. On top of it, they are starting to become the most confident group on the Garden ice in a long while, and it doesnt seem to bother them to play tough games on the road. MAN this is exciting.

With a somewhat easy schedule for the next 8 or so games.... WOW... Lets go Rangers baby... Lets GO RANGERS!

Old
11-23-2005, 01:03 AM
JCProdigy

You know it still amazes me that the Rangers give up so few goals. It looks like there comfortable winning the 3-2, 2-1 games that they were losing in years past.

Noronan's save on Straka was absolutely ridiculous. He kicked up the side of his leg pad to make that save. WOW.

Old
11-23-2005, 01:19 AM
eco's bones

I only watched the first. Will catch it all on rewind if it's on today but another big win. Weekes has become as solid as Lundqvist. I'm not worried about who they put in net. Jagr is super hot.

Old
11-23-2005, 08:07 AM
Ola

Jagr is defenitly hot and not to take anything away from him I think some other players on the team deserves more credit.

Watch the highlight of Jagr's goal tonight for example at:
http://www.nhl.com/video/app?compone...MV&sp=315&sp=2

Its a really good shot by Jagr, no doubt. But its also a great deke by Nylander in the neutral zone and a solid heads up play by Straka on the blueline.

Jagr is carrying this team on his shoulders and rightfully is the guy that gets the spotlight.

But he also is in a really good enviorment. Sometimes when I read the papers ect. I get the impression that it wouldn't have mattered who Jagr played with, he would produce the same amount if he played with Jeff Toms and Chris Simon and I don't agree with that. Straka and Nylander deserves allot of credit to. I am pretty sure that allot of other good players also would have allot of success with Nylander and Straka. I am sure a player like Bill Guerin who have 6 goals in his current enviorment would have around 15 goals if he played in Jagrs spot(Compared to Jagrs 20). He wouldn't have Jagrs 17 assists though...

Anyway, what do you say, >>Credit is where credits due!>>?

Old
11-23-2005, 09:09 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakose
I was on the fence about Prucha, but now I think I really don't like him as a player. It seems like he does a lot of little things well, but just isn't that effective in the big picture. He is fast and hits but doesn't really generate offense or is an effective forechecker. Prucha seems like a Dvorak in terms of his ability to contribute to this team. He might be a good complementary player on a good team/line, but unless he is on the shootout scenario or slam dunking an open net on a Jagr pass, I don't see what the big fuss about this kid is. I would really be suprised if Prucha is a part of this teams long term future-- he seems like a tradeable commodity that would get some decent value back in return.
I think I agree with you 90% on Prucha, Dvorak was the absolute opposite to a good complementary player.

However I think we really disagree on how much value a good complementary player have. Its not a coincidence that the last time we had a good line Mike York was on it. People often look at guys like Markus Näslund and Milan Hejduk as gamebreaking players, or at guys like Marc Savard and Doug Weight as offensive dynamos. Though IMO thoose guys production only comes from other players hard work. Brendan Morrisons relentless skating don't always result in points, but Näslund wouldn't be able to play the one-way game he does if it weren't for Morrisons hard work. And if you break down Morrisons game he isn't a great defensive player, he isn't a great playmaker or a great sniper, in the end he "doesn't really generate offense or is an effective forechecker.". But had he been replaced by the great Marc Savard or Doug Weight I personally belive Näslunds production would drop atleast 25%...

Prucha isn't at Morrisons level yet and they have diffrent styles. But Prucha is also a rookie. If Prucha keeps developing, get a little bit more dangerous offensively, and gains more experience and starts taking more responsiblitys in the transition game like he did in Europe I defenitly belive that he could be a really valueble part of a really good team.

Old
11-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Rogalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
I think I agree with you 90% on Prucha, Dvorak was the absolute opposite to a good complementary player.

However I think we really disagree on how much value a good complementary player have. Its not a coincidence that the last time we had a good line Mike York was on it. People often look at guys like Markus Näslund and Milan Hejduk as gamebreaking players, or at guys like Marc Savard and Doug Weight as offensive dynamos. Though IMO thoose guys production only comes from other players hard work. Brendan Morrisons relentless skating don't always result in points, but Näslund wouldn't be able to play the one-way game he does if it weren't for Morrisons hard work. And if you break down Morrisons game he isn't a great defensive player, he isn't a great playmaker or a great sniper, in the end he "doesn't really generate offense or is an effective forechecker.". But had he been replaced by the great Marc Savard or Doug Weight I personally belive Näslunds production would drop atleast 25%...

Prucha isn't at Morrisons level yet and they have diffrent styles. But Prucha is also a rookie. If Prucha keeps developing, get a little bit more dangerous offensively, and gains more experience and starts taking more responsiblitys in the transition game like he did in Europe I defenitly belive that he could be a really valueble part of a really good team.
you said it all

Old
11-23-2005, 08:58 PM
King Nothing*

I definitely agree with the Philly comment. They aren't going anywhere with Esche. I can't believe that is the starting goaltender. It's almost silly. For some reason, I can't ever see Esche hoisting a cup over his head as a starting goaltender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC
Huge Huge Huge 2 Points. Comeback win, on the road, things not going their way - hitting posts left and right, not taking advantage of the pp's in the first...but yet they get another W.
Philly loses, the Rangers are 4 points up in the standings for first place. Huge Win. They are simply getting it DONE. WOW.

I keep watching and waiting for Philly to take over first because I expected them to be there by this part of the season, but im slowly seeing that even though they have games in hand, their a home game team and their defense is spotty and their goaltending suspect. Its hard because i try to hold myslef from becoming overconfident with this team. But im almost appauled that the Rangers are in first place and are playing like they are trying to make a playoff spot every night. On top of it, they are starting to become the most confident group on the Garden ice in a long while, and it doesnt seem to bother them to play tough games on the road. MAN this is exciting.

With a somewhat easy schedule for the next 8 or so games.... WOW... Lets go Rangers baby... Lets GO RANGERS!

Closed Thread