HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2011, 01:13 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

vCash: 500
Last year the Caps had to wait to sign Orlov until March, to keep the contract from counting during that season. Was that only because his KHL season was done already, or is that something that would always apply because of the lack of transfer agreement?

Basically what I'm getting at it, even if Kuznetsov was ready to sign a contract today and guarantee that he'd come over next season, could he? Because if those rumors are true and they've already basically got a deal worked out, this may be the reason nothing becomes official for quite some time. But I don't know the intricacies of the KHL-NHL relationship enough...

Old
11-25-2011, 01:38 PM
newfr4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Last year the Caps had to wait to sign Orlov until March, to keep the contract from counting during that season. Was that only because his KHL season was done already, or is that something that would always apply because of the lack of transfer agreement?

Basically what I'm getting at it, even if Kuznetsov was ready to sign a contract today and guarantee that he'd come over next season, could he? Because if those rumors are true and they've already basically got a deal worked out, this may be the reason nothing becomes official for quite some time. But I don't know the intricacies of the KHL-NHL relationship enough...
no, it had nothing to do with that. orlov didn't want to sign anything while he was still playing under his KHL contract. since his team was eliminated early, he had no obligation and the caps offered him a chance to play in the AHL playoffs. the timing didn't have anything to do with how many NHL service years would count.

kuznetsov has said in an interview that the caps have offered him an ELC already, but he is going to wait until the end of his season to sign it. which is the right move. both Traktor and the russian national team have been very good to him. there's no need to aggravate those relations.

Old
11-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Sif

Very impressive top 10. Especially if you consider that he's only scored 30 goals in the KHL.

Old
11-25-2011, 02:40 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Impressive highlights. Heres hoping he does come over to the NHL next year and that he can display those moves in a more physical NHL.

And besides the black skates being "bad juju", what about #92?

Old
11-25-2011, 02:46 PM
pgreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Impressive highlights. Heres hoping he does come over to the NHL next year and that he can display those moves in a more physical NHL.

And besides the black skates being "bad juju", what about #92?

nowhere near the same level of evil there. that's a bit unfortunate, but the number could be redeemed by someone else wearing it. 68 and all 68 related anythings are tainted forevermore.

Old
11-25-2011, 02:48 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgreene View Post
nowhere near the same level of evil there.
Great line. Made my day.

Old
11-25-2011, 03:13 PM
newfr4u

he no longer wears all-black skates guys. that was last year.

Old
11-25-2011, 05:43 PM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

#92 already pointed out.

Old
11-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Having Ovi is great, but Kuzya's WJC teammate and friend Orlov is also playing with the Caps and don't underestimate that fact. In his recent interview Zhenya said that the deal is ready, only his signature is still missing. He will come next season, no doubt.
But it's all relevant. Part of the reason you have Orlov willing to stay in Hershey for a while instead of playing the top level pro league in Russia is the chance to play with Ovechkin. If you saw the start of the Winnepeg or Phoenix intro the other night when the players were arriving you saw Ovi kind of tell the camera to watch Orlov, that this guy is going to be special.

Old
11-27-2011, 10:48 AM
rushockey

Send a message via Skype™ to rushockey
If I were Kuznetsov, I would not join the Caps until there is a good atmosphere, this is very important for a kid who is still developing. I do not believe the atmosphere in the Caps is very good to say the least. No need to rush into a situation where there is such pathetic coaching.

Old
11-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Click Here
You know you want to

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushockey View Post
If I were Kuznetsov, I would not join the Caps until there is a good atmosphere, this is very important for a kid who is still developing. I do not believe the atmosphere in the Caps is very good to say the least. No need to rush into a situation where there is such pathetic coaching.
only way BB is still here next year is if the caps make a LOT of noise in the playoffs, and if that happens, one has to think the atmosphere would be good enough.

Old
11-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Yakupov - Johansson - Kuznetsov

Old
11-27-2011, 12:00 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
Yakupov - Johansson - Kuznetsov

Yakupov - Galchenyuk - Kuznetsov, the way things are going for the Caps. ()

Old
11-27-2011, 12:17 PM
newfr4u

honestly, why not yakupov-grigorenko-kuznetsov?

Old
11-27-2011, 12:19 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfr4u View Post
honestly, why not yakupov-grigorenko-kuznetsov?
Because the Caps wouldn't have good enough luck wrt the lottery to get both.

Old
11-28-2011, 01:48 PM
The Folignorant One
Subby Dubby Doooo

Fantastic skill, hope to see him in the league next year!

Old
11-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Mickstix

Awesome reel!! Can't wait to see him skate with Ovi and Nicky in Red!!

Old
11-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Foy

#92 was jinxed for the caps before circles. Circles just continued the curse.

Old
11-29-2011, 10:07 PM
MDHockey

Send a message via Yahoo to MDHockey
I really do hope he wears #92 when he gets to DC. Not only can I get rid of a Captain Circles jersey, but I would have a free Kuznetsov jersey... win for me!

Old
12-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Sounds like he won't wear #92 according to a recent interview. He'll talk and negotiate with the Caps during the WJC and sounds pretty set to come over.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Do we have a link to the interview, else where the post(s) is/are that refer to the article? The articles I've read to date, some months ago, were a lot less sanguine. Would be encouraging to see these ones.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Wasn't sure if Google Translate links work or not. Try this.

If not, Google Translate allhockey.ru and it's the 'Kuznetsov: would remain in the CHL for 15 years, but has a dream about the NHL' piece. Not definitive but he talks about the perks of the NHL lifestyle and his familiarity with the US.

(Original also here, provided link works.)

Old
12-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

vCash: 520
Kuznetsov: If I get contract in KHL like Oveckin did in NHL, I will sign it, no doubt

http://www.sports.ru/hockey/131986097.html
Евгений Кузнецов: «Если бы мне предложили в КХЛ контракт, как у Овечкина, подписал бы не думая»

Babel Fish Says

Eugene Kuznetsov: “If to me they proposed in [KKHL] contract as in [Ovechkina], it would sign without thinking” The forward “of tractor” Eugene Kuznetsov, [zadraftovannyy] “[Vashintonom]”, would describe, with what conditions he would remain in [KKHL], and he shared with opinion about “the champion”. -
To command and to trainer [Nazarovu] it is difficult itself to show because of the small budget. And what to make to soldiers from “the champion”? They should with someone wave. I consider that in each club [KKHL] it is necessary to take on [tafgayu]. Let they fight between themselves. This is useful. You roll to ice “policeman” - all see that the playing hockey players touched must not be. Now my agent conducts negotiations with “Washington”. I will go to the youth world championship to Calgary - I will meet with the representatives of club. But thus far I anywhere am not gathered. I have contract with “the tractor” even to [polsezona]. - The head coach team Russia [Zinetula] Of [bilyaletdinov] also says that you should leave. - Yes I would remain in [KKHL] to 15 years! But in our Russia it is not accepted to sign such long contracts. Who will give to the young player of so many money, as they did give [Ovechkinu] in “Washington”? If to me they proposed in [KKHL] contract as in [Ovechkina], it would sign without thinking! And it would play in “the tractor” to the end of the career. Where they pay, there well. This is our work. But i have the dream - to try itself in [NKHL]. - You do look the matches of this leagues? - Yes, certainly. It impresses, that people there squeeze out everything of [polumomentov]. Yeoman farmers dig ice by horses and on the nature drive in goals. In [NKHL] everything must be done very rapidly. But in [KKHL] is more technical hockey. - Who you pleases from the hockey players? - I after many look. Who that makes in the game, who as club holds during the inclusion. You notice something for itself. Upper class - is certain, [Malkin] and [Datsyuk], it said Kuznetsov “Soviet sport”.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:05 PM
chsb

So far the Caps had huge success signing top gun Russian players and are so close to a Stanley Cup that the fans can breathe it.....not me.

You need grit, desire, and dedication to the Team not to the I in order to win a Cup.

KHL renegades and sympathizers are never a good formula for an NHL team....

Old
12-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

More Perreaults, less Ovechkins?

Closed Thread