HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should we claim Comeau? [Claimed by the Flames]

View Poll Results: Would you claim Comeau?
Yes 32 72.73%
No 12 27.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2011, 01:49 PM
  #26
TwoMinutesWellWorthI*
 
TwoMinutesWellWorthI*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
There is no such thing as being played properly. He will be asked what the other Bottom six are asked to do.

Hit, use your speed, Dump and Chase, Forecheck, Put the puck on the net, Play some defense... If you can't do that in the NHL you don't belong on any team.
Please tell that to the bottom six.

TwoMinutesWellWorthI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:47 PM
  #27
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 7,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Everyone has management issues with the Islanders. One of the worst managed organizations in NHL history.
Really?

Do you mean currently? Because I can sure remember when they took four cups in a row, you don't get that by being badly managed.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:50 PM
  #28
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Josh Deitell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Really?

Do you mean currently? Because I can sure remember when they took four cups in a row, you don't get that by being badly managed.
I think he's talking more about the Milbury era onwards



Check out some of these bad boys:
19-Jun-99: New York Islanders traded Zigmund Palffy, Bryan Smolinski, Marcel Cousineau and 4th round selection (previously acquired from the New Jersey Devils - Daniel Johansson) in 1999 to the Los Angeles Kings for Olli Jokinen, Josh Green, Mathieu Biron and 1st round selection (Taylor Pyatt) in 1999.

19-Dec-99: New York Islanders traded Felix Potvin, a 2nd round selection (later traded to New Jersey - Teemu Laine) in 2000 and a 3rd round selection (Thatcher Bell) in 2000 to the Vancouver Canucks for Kevin Weekes, Bill Muckalt and Dave Scatchard.

24-Jun-00: New York Islanders traded Olli Jokinen and Roberto Luongo to the Florida Panthers for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha.

23-Jun-01: Ottawa Senators traded Alexei Yashin to the New York Islanders for Zdeno Chara, Bill Muckalt and 1st round selection (Jason Spezza) in 2001.

11-Mar-03: New York Islanders traded Chris Osgood and a 3rd round selection in 2003 to the St. Louis Blues for Justin Papineau and a 2nd round selection in 2003.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:40 PM
  #29
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,217
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Really?

Do you mean currently? Because I can sure remember when they took four cups in a row, you don't get that by being badly managed.
I am not necessarily talking about throughout their entire history being the worst managed team in NHL history, but how they went from where they were to where they are now is one of the greatest management blunders throughout NHL history. That is set in stone. Lombardi has used the Islanders and their collapse as an example of what not to do many times throughout his interviews.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:23 PM
  #30
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Also he can't stay healthy. The Scott Parse experiment needs to end.
I'll take a chance on Comeau over Parse for a 4th time.

Younger, a little more proven....etc. etc.

Jason Lewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:51 PM
  #31
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Hmm, as much as I want to agree with you, Parse did have a couple of goals and played pretty well (without the pims) on the second line. I wouldn't mind reuniting Parse with Richards line and moving Lokti to 3C. To me, that's the best utilization of our assets.
If Terry hasn't moved Jarret Stoll from 3rd line center with as bad as he has played the last 40 games, what makes you think he will do it now, to insert a rookie?

Terry is going going to ride the veterans until management either gets rid of them or gets rid of Terry.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:57 PM
  #32
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
I can't think of a single reason that we shouldn't claim him if we were lucky enough for him to drop to us. I would waive or most redundant D manDavis and deal Richardson for a pick or move someone else to get him. I have followed him for a bit and he has all the skills to be a very good player.

He won't make it to us but if he did he would be a very good pick up.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:22 AM
  #33
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
waive Hunter and DD44. hunter and moreau are redundant imo. no reason to carry two on the roster. you want big body wingers we also got Westie. clear out Hunter to make room for Comeau.

i haven't heard any updates on AMart's return but the day of reckoning is nearing when DL has make the call on the blue line. with the latest call up of VV and as well as he has played AGAIN, it is going to be even more difficult to send him back to MAN. it's time for DL to trade DD44 away for a 4th-7th, so he gets something for him. then keep both VV and AMart on the roster.

when it comes to the other forwards god only knows what will happen. it's high time for DL to step in and press Murray on line combos. meaning it's time for him to quit his non-stop tinkering. there is no chemistry and success because he doesn't allow guys to build any. the **** doesn't happen overnight and he uses it as an excuse for poor line play, only to be turned on them to bench them or demote them.

the reason i bring this up is because his 3rd and 4th line combos are as much to blame as the players themselves. i'm a firm believer that a good coach puts together his lines and let's them gel together. they establish the lines and the expectations of what's expected. at that point the guys work on it themselves, but this takes time. time that Murray never gives them.

if they don't produce after an extended period together, then make the necessary moves. to the point of trades and/or MAN. for the past few years all they have done is play a game of shuffling guys in and out of the LA line-up for non-production. they haven't moved guys because of fear of losing them to waivers. well guess what, they aren't producing so why continue to carry them. only to repeat this circus again in 'X' weeks/months/season?

it's even more obvious he doesn't match the 'right' guys together and let them mature together. i would like to see a line of Lewis/Richie/Parse for a while to see what they could achieve. that combo would speed, some skill to get up ice, cause havoc and provide energy.

the biggest mess that exists is the Stoll line. wth to do with this line, or possibly with Lewis? Murray wants to play a 'big 3rd line' with the likes of Moreau and Hunter on it, yet Stoll doesn't fit this role or even the make up of the line. Lewis doesn't fit the mold either, so what does LA do at the #3 or #4 C spot to make this type of line work? last year it worked with Zus. DL needs to try find himself a C similar to Zus to fill this role for the team.

imo the team's most pressing needs/concerns/actionable items at present are:
-trade DD44, move to MAN if need be and possibly lose in waivers
-keep VV and AMart on the roster
-stabilize the 3rd and 4th lines
-find a 3rd line C that fits the role that Murray wants it to be
-trade Stoll to fill the #3C role

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:53 AM
  #34
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,312
vCash: 500
Got claimed by Flames

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:59 AM
  #35
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,217
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Got claimed by Flames
It was inevitable, he is just too good to make it through.

Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:44 PM
  #36
butteryslugz
L.A. Kings Fan
 
butteryslugz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: los angeles, ca
Country: United States
Posts: 1,424
vCash: 500
Claimed by the flames, good for them.. who needs a rebuild anyway?

butteryslugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:53 PM
  #37
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,814
vCash: 500
Oh well

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:20 PM
  #38
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
it's time for DL to trade DD44 away for a 4th-7th, so he gets something for him. then keep both VV and AMart on the roster.
I've been advocating for this since camp, but it won't happen. For whatever reason, TM is determined to only dress 6 D per game, meaning that one of A-Mart/VV would become the new DD44 under your/my suggestion. That obviously doesn't work or help either player.

Why TM thinks it's smart to see VV head back to Manchester while Hunter/Moreau etc. are skating around every game is besides me. Dress 11 forwards, seven defensemen, waive Hunter/Moreau/whoever and double-shift one Kopitar/Richards/Gagne/Williams/Brown. I don't see why we can't at least TRY this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Got claimed by Flames
Damn, didn't figure we'd get him. Calgary was 3rd on the priority list, so he didn't last long (4th actually, but because it was the Isles who waived him they don't count, so Calgary was the 3rd team available to claim him).

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 03:37 PM
  #39
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,031
vCash: 500
Yea that was a no brainer. Great pick up for Calgary. Too bad he'll likely have to deal with idiot management there as well.

Jason Lewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.