HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

COL 2012 2nd, Tyson Barrie, TJ Galliardi

Old
11-25-2011, 03:28 PM
AvsFan7*

vCash: 500
COL 2012 2nd, Tyson Barrie, TJ Galliardi

Just wondering what kind of player the Avs could get in return for this package?

Our 2nd has the potential to be a Top 10 pick, Im excpecting it to be in the 38-42 range, Galiardi is a great 3rd line player who can play on the 2nd line for some teams, and Barrie is a good young prospect who will likely slot in as a Top 4 Puck Moving Dman in a couple years so what could the Avs get in return for this?

Im thinking any team that would be interested in this deal would be a team entering a rebuild, someone like Calgary, maybe Columbus or Carolina, so what would the Avs be able to get from those teams, or other teams for that package?

From Calgary I would say Rene Bourque and a Mid level prospect or something. I think we would be able to get Brassard and something small for that, and maybe Ruutu and Anthony Stewart from Carolina.

AvsFan7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 04:27 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
The only second line Galiardi is qualified to play on is in the AHL. He's a fourth liner at best right now. He's awful.

The second round pick has some value considering how high it's likely to be, as does Barrie who has quite a bit of upside. (Which is exactly why Colorado should trade neither, imo).

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Anchor Town

You think you can get Bourque+ for those scraps?

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 04:31 PM
thepuckmonster
professional winner

Didn't the Avs give their 2012 second rounder to Washington in exchange for Varly?

thepuckmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 04:37 PM
punchnpie
MAN TAKE FROM ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Didn't the Avs give their 2012 second rounder to Washington in exchange for Varly?
I think it's '12 or '13 Caps choice

punchnpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
You think you can get Bourque+ for those scraps?
Shows how much you know about the players in question.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
2012 Boston 2nd or 2013 Colorado 2nd.

Avs have no reason to trade any of the three assets mentioned by OP. They either have low value at the moment (Galiardi) or should have high value for Avs for the future (2nd and Barrie).

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 04:47 PM
AvsFan7*

Quote:
No we didnt, not quite sure why everyone thinks we did, the 2nd round pick the Caps potentially get this year is Bostons 2nd that we got for trading Liles to the Leafs, we have our 2nd this year.

The players in that aren't scraps, Galiardi is a Top 9 player, and Shadow you clearly only look at the stats of players, Galiardi hasnt played bad at all, he's been put on the 4th line and stuck playing with guys like Porter and Kobasew night in and night out, he's very rarely given a chance to do anything with Sacco. On alot of teams he would be a 3rd line grinder, on some teams he would be an ok Top 6 guy. Barrie has the potential To be a Top Pairing PMD. Personally I dont think he gets there, I see him being a 2nd Pairing guy, but he definitly has alot of potential, and with Elliot in our system and basically the exact same palyer as Barrie I dont see them both on the Avs roster in a years time, so trading Barrie makes sense.

Thats a solid package for Bourque, a guy who only has 7 Pts in 20 games this year, add in a Mid Level prospect from Calgary and its fair value IMO.

Old
11-25-2011, 04:54 PM
AvsWraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay for Gabriel View Post
I think it's '12 or '13 Caps choice
Since it is supposed to be a deep draft year, I bet they pick the '12.

So, essentially they will have 2 first round picks, one of them being a lottery pick, for Varlamov... Greg Sherman is the single biggest retard on the planet.

AvsWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:00 PM
AvsFan7*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsWraith View Post
Since it is supposed to be a deep draft year, I bet they pick the '12.

So, essentially they will have 2 first round picks, one of them being a lottery pick, for Varlamov... Greg Sherman is the single biggest retard on the planet.
So you excpect Boston to finnish in the Lottery...........

Old
11-25-2011, 05:05 PM
AvsWraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan7 View Post
So you excpect Boston to finnish in the Lottery...........
???

No, I expect us to finish in the lottery, and they have our 1st.

Old
11-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsWraith View Post
???

No, I expect us to finish in the lottery, and they have our 1st.
He's talking about the fact that we didn't trade our 2012 2nd round pick, it was Boston's 2nd rounder.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:16 PM
AvsWraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
He's talking about the fact that we didn't trade our 2012 2nd round pick, it was Boston's 2nd rounder.
Right, and I'm talking about a draft that is supposed to be at least 2 rounds deep, so Boston's 2nd can still be a player who might've been first round talent in a different year.

Regardless of the 2nd, it's still a lottery pick that is on the line.

Old
11-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Shows how much you know about the players in question.
I've watched plenty of Galiardi. Relative to Bourque, they are scraps. The most valuable thing in that trade from Colorado is their 2nd, that's saying something

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:46 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
I've watched plenty of Galiardi. Relative to Bourque, they are scraps. The most valuable thing in that trade from Colorado is their 2nd, that's saying something
Barrie is the most valuable thing in this trade.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
I think we would be able to get Brassard and something small for that
Something very small, but yeah, that could get you Brassard+. I hesitate only because we already have many blueline prospects; we need guys who can play now. I have no idea if Barrie is in that category or not. If he's not, then this trade goes from "feasible" to "good value but unlikely".

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
And Bourque this year is putrid. Mailing it in.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 06:29 PM
AvsFan7*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Something very small, but yeah, that could get you Brassard+. I hesitate only because we already have many blueline prospects; we need guys who can play now. I have no idea if Barrie is in that category or not. If he's not, then this trade goes from "feasible" to "good value but unlikely".
Yea I didnt excpect that extra to be much, probably like a notch below Mid level Prospect or 4th line tweener or something. As for Barrie its a tough call for him, he would 100% be ready for the NHl next year, for the Avs we didnt excpect him to make the roster out of Camp, but we excpect that he's one of the first guys they would call up when we get a Defensive Injury, either he or Elliot would get the call up.

He could probably come in to the NHL right now and play as a Decent 3rd pairing guy and definitly be able to run your PP!

I could see this hapenning if Columbus doesnt get much better over the year, and basically start a rebuild around the Deadline, would get them a solid Pick in a deep draft, a guy capable of playing on there 3rd line or 2nd if needed, and a young Puck Mover for the Blue line! Avs would get a 2nd line Center allowing Duchene to move to Stas's wing while still having another scoring line!

Old
11-25-2011, 06:37 PM
bigdaddydroc

vCash: 270
Quote:
someone needs to do their prospect research before opening their mouth. Barrie is the best piece of this deal.

bigdaddydroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Yea I didnt excpect that extra to be much, probably like a notch below Mid level Prospect or 4th line tweener or something. As for Barrie its a tough call for him, he would 100% be ready for the NHl next year, for the Avs we didnt excpect him to make the roster out of Camp, but we excpect that he's one of the first guys they would call up when we get a Defensive Injury, either he or Elliot would get the call up.

He could probably come in to the NHL right now and play as a Decent 3rd pairing guy and definitly be able to run your PP!

I could see this hapenning if Columbus doesnt get much better over the year, and basically start a rebuild around the Deadline, would get them a solid Pick in a deep draft, a guy capable of playing on there 3rd line or 2nd if needed, and a young Puck Mover for the Blue line! Avs would get a 2nd line Center allowing Duchene to move to Stas's wing while still having another scoring line!
The problem there is that we've already got four guys who can run the PP - Wisniewski, Tyutin, Clitsome, and Nikitin. We really need defensive blueliners.

Old
11-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
The problem there is that we've already got four guys who can run the PP - Wisniewski, Tyutin, Clitsome, and Nikitin. We really need defensive blueliners.
Anyway we could hammer out a Duncan Siemens+ for Columbus 1st?

Rhaego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Anyway we could hammer out a Duncan Siemens+ for Columbus 1st?
Only if we pull off a historic turnaround and make the playoffs.

Old
11-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Only if we pull off a historic turnaround and make the playoffs.
Lets make the trade now, I believe in you

Rhaego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:55 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

No more trading. I'm sick and tired of seeig the Avs get fleeced an give away our young players. So much for "building from within"

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote