HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose 3-1

Old
11-25-2011, 05:15 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Hahaha god I love it when the Habs play the Flyers. All the whiners get to come out and cry over God Giroux, The One That Got Away.

We didn't draft him, the Flyers did. Life sucks. Get the hell over it already.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:16 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
HALAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

The jury is still out on this. People were talking about how we robbed them last year. But Eller has become another Darche at this point. Not very impressive. This is going to get ugly....soon and FAST!
You forgot the

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:17 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
love Boone

Posted by Mike Boone

What’s to say about that steaming pile of stuff?
Here’s the math formula:
1 Flying Frenchman + 2 Swiss cheeses = an easy W for Philadelphia

And it won’t get better on Saturday night.

Fresh from being embarrassed by the best French-speaking player in the NHL, the Canadiens face the pride of Nova Scotia and a pretty darn good Russian.

Any optimists out there?

Anyone more disappointed than the Scott Gomez-bashers, who looked forward to the vindication of an inspirational road win with number 11 out of the lineup?

The Canadiens played well for 20 minutes, then it got ugly … against a Philadelphia team lacking Chris Pronger, James van Riemsdyk and Jaromir Jagr.

You just knew all those blown power-plays would catch up to them.

[cont]
i never knew he grew up a montreal fan

Last edited by hototogisu: 11-25-2011 at 06:14 PM. Reason: edited quote
donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

i'm glad I miss the game and very happy if AK come back tommorow

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:19 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Hahaha god I love it when the Habs play the Flyers. All the whiners get to come out and cry over God Giroux, The One That Got Away.

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
You forgot the
Umm maybe

I don't see anything at this moment that says otherwise!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Cookie007

how long till giroux becomes a UFA? he better right our wrongs. LE BLOC!

Cookie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Cookie007

david fischer...hahahhahahaha BIGGEST BUST OF ALL TIME! can't believe we missed out on giroux. from the get go i knew giroux would become the player that he is today and fischer would be a total bust for us. unbelievable, gainey

Cookie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:23 PM
TheBuriedHab

Stopped watching after the second. Just an ugly sluggish game. I'm not gonna name names because frankly the whole team looked horrible except a select few. Can only hope the additions of AK Markov and Spacek come in and add a MUCH needed spark.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:25 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
i never knew he grew up a montreal fan
He's the kid on the far left

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Bill McNeal

Kinda funny that the PP was an unmitigated disaster on the day that Martin implemented two changes to it that people around here were clamoring for.

Second period was as bad a period the team has played all year. Flyers gave us no room and whenever they did shoot themselves in the foot, the PP couldn't convert. I doubt Bourdon did it consciously, but slashing Gionta's stick out of his hands to negate a two on one is a brilliant strategy with the state the Habs PP is in. Markov can't come back soon enough in that regard.

Weber and Diaz struggled. Actually, the only d-men who played respectably given their capabilities were Gorges and Emelin. But the biggest problem was the PP. You're not giving yourself a chance to win with efforts like that. Every player who got a second of powerplay time this afternoon needs to take a long look in the mirror. Particularly guys like Cammalleri, Subban and Weber.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:55 PM
Hemlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The Habs were totally outclassed today by a Flyers team missing Pronger and Jagr.. On to the Crosby show.
I understand your frustration, but if you are going to point out players missing from the lineup, then you must consider those missing from both teams. I think we are the only fan base to make more excuses for other teams than for the one we support.

Hemlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Hemlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post
david fischer...hahahhahahaha BIGGEST BUST OF ALL TIME! can't believe we missed out on giroux. from the get go i knew giroux would become the player that he is today and fischer would be a total bust for us. unbelievable, gainey
Wow, with that incredible foresight it's a wonder you would have the time to post on this forum and not be in the rinks scouting for an NHL team. This kind of hindsight and revisionist history has to stop, it is incredibly annoying and non-constructive.

Hemlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 06:00 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Kinda funny that the PP was an unmitigated disaster on the day that Martin implemented two changes to it that people around here were clamoring for.

Second period was as bad a period the team has played all year. Flyers gave us no room and whenever they did shoot themselves in the foot, the PP couldn't convert. I doubt Bourdon did it consciously, but slashing Gionta's stick out of his hands to negate a two on one is a brilliant strategy with the state the Habs PP is in. Markov can't come back soon enough in that regard.

Weber and Diaz struggled. Actually, the only d-men who played respectably given their capabilities were Gorges and Emelin. But the biggest problem was the PP. You're not giving yourself a chance to win with efforts like that. Every player who got a second of powerplay time this afternoon needs to take a long look in the mirror. Particularly guys like Cammalleri, Subban and Weber.
Amen. I've been saying this since last season. Although the habs have improved their 5 on 5 play, the PP is too valuable to this team to not be able to score on it. The habs would of won twice as many games that they lost had they even scored one PP goal in all the games where they scored none.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 06:16 PM
habsjunkie2*

I thought Gorges was close behind Diaz and Weber in the suckitude department today.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 06:18 PM
NewHabsEra*

I stopped watching after Phillys first goal.. I knew we were done.. what a mediocre effort!! I cant hate this team as much as I can love it..

Desharnais has no business in the NHL.. Weber sucked solid.. MaxPac is starting to forget what his game should be about..

Cant wait till both Andrei are back!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 06:28 PM
DieHardHabs

our pp hurt us tonight, we had about 4 in a row.. and failed to even get a good chance.

diaz and webber continue to piss me off.. they turn the puck over all the time.. philly had better chances shorthanded than we did on the pp mostly because of those two..

so martin finally puts subban on the number 1 unit, and then what does he do.. put diaz and webber on together... pathetic

markov and campolli cant come back soon enough.. i wouldnt mind trying emelin on the pp... even gorges

i could care less about webbers shot, him and diaz need to go, sad thing is when we get healthy on the back end it'll probably be emelin that gets the boot.. and he has been great. physical .. throwing around big bodies around

DieHardHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 06:44 PM
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
ever heard of ......

Doug Wickenheiser? Jason Bonsignore? Bryan Fogarty? Daniel Tkachuk? Brian Lawton? Rico Fata? Patrick Stephan? Pavel Brendl? ....but I agree Giroux would look great in a HABS jersey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 06:47 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Do people really turn games off after the 1st period? What kinda fan are you?

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Do people really turn games off after the 1st period? What kinda fan are you?
I have turned it off after the 2nd period.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Protest the Hero

What a crappy game.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

The first period was decent. Unfortunately, I think our PPs actually took momentum away and gave the flyers a big jump.

Its bad enough when the PP is not producing, but you just cannot afford to give shorthanded chances like a charity. It killed the team today.

Last year, the habs would have that 1-0 lead, and then capitalize on one of those PPs to take a 2 goal lead... then that changes the entire complexion of the game. This year, the team just cant find that all important PP goal and shows in their record.

Its really too bad because the PK has been outstanding.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 07:26 PM
NewHabsEra*

Oh and Cammy has to play way better, he really is starting to get on my nerves..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
After watching today's game, I can safely say that Markov must be our saviour.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

Thing is, you are just not talking about a good player. You're talking right now as one of the best in the league. AND we do talk about the good moves in Pacioretty, Price, Subban and all the great guys we drafted that are succeeded elsewhere, it's quite normal that sometimes, there's talk about the picks that we didn't make and messed up with. And getting the hell over it...yes in due time. Just like we'Ll get the hell over a few other moves....what would help getting the hell over it though is winning. And be a top team. Then, we are surely going to move on. Until then, it's painful to see. See, I'd love to convince some people in here to get the hell over their blind hate for Boston....yet, for some, the wound is too painful to do so. Applies to other things as well I guess.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote