HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL 2011-12: Part II - Where'd You Get These Guys From, Ray? Mexico?

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2011, 05:37 PM
HuskerTornado
RIP UW AlwaysBelieve

vCash: 500
Around the NHL 2011-12: Part II - Where'd You Get These Guys From, Ray? Mexico?

Part II, with some Youngblood love

Last edited by HuskerTornado: 01-06-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old
11-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 80
Pens win, Flyers lose, Pens back in first in the conference.

Old
11-22-2011, 11:59 AM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
NSH puts Niclas Bergfors on waivers. ANA's Matt Beleskey clears waivers.

Man has this guy fallen... I'd say we should take a shot on him, but there is no spot on this roster.

Old
11-22-2011, 12:02 PM
JTG

Especially considering how well everybody is playing. Everyone is contributing. No reason to believe Bergfors would. Not saying he wouldn't. Just going by what his past performance has concluded. That's a high risk move to bring him on board, and in turn sacrifice someone who is contributing on this roster.

Old
11-22-2011, 12:05 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Especially considering how well everybody is playing. Everyone is contributing. No reason to believe Bergfors would. Not saying he wouldn't. Just going by what his past performance has concluded. That's a high risk move to bring him on board, and in turn sacrifice someone who is contributing on this roster.
Yeah I know... It's too bad. Oh well, I won't lose any sleep at night or anything.

Old
11-22-2011, 12:40 PM
regard

A rebuild team could pick him up.

Ottawa, Edmonton, NYI.

Old
11-23-2011, 10:10 PM
End of Line
Human After All

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
11-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

Blake Comeau has been put on waivers by the New York Islanders. He's been horrible this year, with zero points in 16 games, but he did score 24 goals last year.

I wonder if a team will take a chance on him. He's actually good a pretty good game when he's on: hits, has a hard shot, skates well. His problems seem to be hockey sense and inconsistency. Hockey sense might always be an issue, but with the right coach perhaps the inconsistency can be fixed.

Old
11-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Blake Comeau has been put on waivers by the New York Islanders. He's been horrible this year, with zero points in 16 games, but he did score 24 goals last year.

I wonder if a team will take a chance on him. He's actually good a pretty good game when he's on: hits, has a hard shot, skates well. His problems seem to be hockey sense and inconsistency. Hockey sense might always be an issue, but with the right coach perhaps the inconsistency can be fixed.
Have to think a lot of teams will claim a guy that scored 24 goals last season. I don't think there's any chance he'd fall to the Pens. I probably would take a flier on him if he did though. He's a right-handed RW which we could use. I'd drop Steve MacIntyre for him since it doesn't seem like we're going to use him much anyway. I know some prefer to keep around an enforcer, but it just doesn't seem like Bylsma cares to use those guys and other players like Asham and Engelland can do the job somewhat.

Old
11-24-2011, 04:40 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Comeau is a puss.

Old
11-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

So much for Shanahan the Sheriff riding into town to clean up the NHL. Only 3 games for Deveaux's chicken wing elbow on Fleischman. Apparently all that pre-season suspension harshness was just posturing.

Old
11-25-2011, 02:30 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Detroit v Boston, good game. 2-2, 3rd period.

Old
11-25-2011, 03:02 PM
moose tracks

Wings prevail 3-2 in the SO. Boston's win streak ends at 10.

Old
11-25-2011, 03:14 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Quote:
So much for Shanahan the Sheriff riding into town to clean up the NHL. Only 3 games for Deveaux's chicken wing elbow on Fleischman. Apparently all that pre-season suspension harshness was just posturing.
I really am not a fan of that "well, player wasn't too hurt, so..."

Old
11-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Washington lost again.

Surely, BB's job has to be on the line?

Would love it if we beat them on the 1st and he got sacked because of it.

Old
11-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
I really am not a fan of that "well, player wasn't too hurt, so..."
It's a ridiculous argument. The point of the supposed harsh crackdown that we saw in exhibition was the emphasis on removing those types of hits from the game.

In exhibition, whether or not the player was hurt had very little to do with why the players were getting suspended. They were getting suspended because those hits were, at the time, deemed unacceptable.

Now, apparently, it's back to the whole "as long as the player isn't hurt, headshots aren't too bad and might earn you somewhere between a fine and a 2 to 3 game holiday".

Old
11-25-2011, 05:55 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Washington lost again.

Surely, BB's job has to be on the line?

Would love it if we beat them on the 1st and he got sacked because of it.
Why do you want Boudreau fired? He's one of the bigger reasons why Washington keeps choking in the playoffs.

Old
11-26-2011, 02:38 AM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Quote:
It's a ridiculous argument. The point of the supposed harsh crackdown that we saw in exhibition was the emphasis on removing those types of hits from the game.

In exhibition, whether or not the player was hurt had very little to do with why the players were getting suspended. They were getting suspended because those hits were, at the time, deemed unacceptable.

Now, apparently, it's back to the whole "as long as the player isn't hurt, headshots aren't too bad and might earn you somewhere between a fine and a 2 to 3 game holiday".
Yeah. I don't even understand how one can really judge by the injury. We've seen many times from all sorts of hits that you don't always know the real story until the days after.

As for Boudreau, I have to admit the idea of him losing to the Penguins, if he's still there, did cross my mind as being a final straw as well. Of course, I also thought he'd be fired after the TB series too. They could have a very interesting summer if they don't make a big splash past April.

Old
11-26-2011, 03:01 AM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Quote:
Why do you want Boudreau fired? He's one of the bigger reasons why Washington keeps choking in the playoffs.
Not sure I buy that. I mean, he's the easiest one to pin the blame on, and the easiest cog to change out, but at some point you have to look at the players. Semin, Backstrom, Green, and to a lesser extent Ovechkin have all disappeared for great stretches in the playoffs and played terrible "playoff hockey." Sure, you can say it's BB's job to get them ready to perform, but there's only so much you can do with a player before the onus falls on his shoulders.

Old
11-26-2011, 03:02 AM
mpp9

I hope Sid dominates in the Caps game next week. I'd laugh if he passes Ovi up in points by then. He's only 10 back!

Old
11-26-2011, 03:08 AM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Weird, double post...

Old
11-26-2011, 11:37 AM
FDBluth

Is it wrong that I felt a little bit happy for Ovechkin when I saw him score that vintage Ovie goal last night?

Old
11-26-2011, 04:53 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach John McGuirk View Post
Not sure I buy that. I mean, he's the easiest one to pin the blame on, and the easiest cog to change out, but at some point you have to look at the players. Semin, Backstrom, Green, and to a lesser extent Ovechkin have all disappeared for great stretches in the playoffs and played terrible "playoff hockey." Sure, you can say it's BB's job to get them ready to perform, but there's only so much you can do with a player before the onus falls on his shoulders.
But how do you know it is the player when the coach is making some oblivious choices himself?

Old
11-26-2011, 04:56 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDBluth View Post
Is it wrong that I felt a little bit happy for Ovechkin when I saw him score that vintage Ovie goal last night?
Na, he's still entertaining. Pisses me off a guy with such little work ethic possesses that kind of shot. Sid would be at a Mario type level if he had that guy's physical gifts.

Edit: And Philly gets shutout by a proper defensive team. Shut Giroux down and look what happens. Still think we can roll them this season.

Old
11-26-2011, 04:59 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDBluth View Post
Cancel your account. You're no longer welcomed here.

But seriously, when I saw that highlight, my initial thought was, "Oh ****...here he goes." That was a laser beam. AO has been playing like a hot pile of dog ****, but just look back to previous years and see what he's capable of doing in a short period of time. The guy can score 30 goals in as many games.

Closed Thread