HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky and Anisimov...

Old
11-25-2011, 04:17 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it! Anisimov is good enough to be a 2nd liner, and has a very underrated wrist shot.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Rangers4Life74

Anisimov scored his 2nd goal.

lets trade him while his value is high!!

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Top_Scorah19

Which line is Dubinsky on right now?

Top_Scorah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Scorah19 View Post
Which line is Dubinsky on right now?
Played center on a line with Prust and Avery as his wingers tonight.

11-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
I would have liked Dubinsky to have taken another step forward this year but it looks like he's hit a wall in his development. I don't get all the clamoring for him to be traded though. He's a solid complimentary player and someone who can put up 40-50 points a year. Are you expecting a 60 point guy in return?
Dubi is sucking barbwire, right now. His play the last three games has been putrid.

He should be embarrassed by his overall play.

During the seven game winning streak, he was playing well in every area of the game, every night, but couldn't finish to save his life. He setup a lot of really nice goals and made some outstanding plays.

Over the last three games, he looks like a spastic mess. Even his effort is complete garbage. His skating looks horrible. He's really let his skating go to S*it.

And when a guy's skating is as bad as Dubi's has been, it's a clear sign something is seriously wrong.

But I don't believe for one minute that he's hit his ceiling or that his development is done. I believe this is just horrible start to the season for him and he's having an ugly season. This may end up being just one of those horrid seasons for him, that most players go through once or twice in their career.

Then again, he may finally get his act together and actually bounce back.

Still a long way to go, and he's still a very young player. Plenty of ceiling left for him, plenty of headroom. It's up to him and the coaching staff to get him right.

Last edited by Jeds2StepOpus: 11-25-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Played center on a line with Prust and Avery as his wingers tonight.
Honestly, Torts should scratch his @ss, if he doesn't wake the hell up. If that doesn't wake him up, then you know there's a lot more going on with Dubi, than just a slump.

Old
11-25-2011, 11:45 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
Honestly, Torts should scratch his @ss, if he doesn't wake the hell up. If that doesn't wake him up, then you know there's a lot more going on with Dubi, than just a slump.
Dubi had two bad games (while recovering from an illness). They happened to coincide with the entire TEAM playing two bad games. I honestly don't get the Dubinsky demotion. He's put up the exact same point production as Callahan while averaging two fewer minutes per game. Hell, Dubinsky has assisted on half of Callahan's goals this season. Yet somehow, Dubinsky has turned into a crap player and Callahan is still God on skates. I like both players, but the double standard people have with them never ceases to amaze me. The only problem with Dubinsky's game this season is that he, for whatever reason, has stopped shooting. He needs to be sent out with good linemates and told to shoot shoot shoot. That's the only way he's going to break out of his funk. Banishing him to a bottom 6 line and cutting his minutes isn't going to get his shot back.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

I know we all feel that professional players should be above this kind of thing, but I'm almost wondering what Dubinsky's mental state is right now in regards to playing for Tortorella. Here's a guy who was by far our best player and our bonafide leader during the playoffs, yet he got passed over for a letter on his jersey that many of us think he earned.

I just wonder if it's affected his mental state, and if so, he needs to get over it.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:04 PM
bluecollarblueshirt*

Why does it always seem like anisimov can't keep his head up every other shift he's getting hit and most likely laid out. (good game today)

bluecollarblueshirt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Dorado*

Either one for Rene Borque in q trade ?

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:33 PM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Either one for Rene Borque in q trade ?
Gaborik for Iginla

or

Gaborik for Bourque

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Gaborik for Iginla

or

Gaborik for Bourque
We get it. You hate Gaborik.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Gaborik for Iginla

or

Gaborik for Bourque

Maybe Gabby for both Iginla and Bourque, but definitely not one or the other. Even for both of them, I would have to think hard before I pulled the trigger on it.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Trade Gaborik for the guy on pace for 26 points. Yep, that's definitely not counterproductive.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Dubi had two bad games (while recovering from an illness). They happened to coincide with the entire TEAM playing two bad games. I honestly don't get the Dubinsky demotion. He's put up the exact same point production as Callahan while averaging two fewer minutes per game. Hell, Dubinsky has assisted on half of Callahan's goals this season. Yet somehow, Dubinsky has turned into a crap player and Callahan is still God on skates. I like both players, but the double standard people have with them never ceases to amaze me. The only problem with Dubinsky's game this season is that he, for whatever reason, has stopped shooting. He needs to be sent out with good linemates and told to shoot shoot shoot. That's the only way he's going to break out of his funk. Banishing him to a bottom 6 line and cutting his minutes isn't going to get his shot back.
What illness is he recovering from? I haven't heard a damn thing about an illness.

Truth is, I'm a huge Dubinksy guy. Always have been. But he's lookd absolutely horrible...like some primadonna for the last four games. I'd like to know what illness he's had.

Old
11-27-2011, 12:26 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

I've said it the past two seasons...Dubinsky is truly expendable and I'd love to see him go as part of a package to bring in either a true LW or PMD. He's consistently inconsistent. Also, when he's on his game, he looks a pretty good player (never great or "elite"). But when he's bad, he's invisible. Doesn't have much of a future here, especially with that 4+M cap hit.

Don't want to trade AA by any means. A perfect 3rd line center IMO.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 01:38 AM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
What illness is he recovering from? I haven't heard a damn thing about an illness.

Truth is, I'm a huge Dubinksy guy. Always have been. But he's lookd absolutely horrible...like some primadonna for the last four games. I'd like to know what illness he's had.
It was in one of the practice reports from early last week. It mentioned that Dubinsky had returned to practice after missing the previous day with an illness. It didn't specify the illness, but I'm guessing flu or something similar.

Dubi has not looked "absolutely horrible." He's been playing his game just like he always has with the one exception that he hasn't been shooting the puck. The result is that he's racking up assists at a rate he never has in the past (at his current pace, he'll have 40+ assists).

Bottom line is that, if this team is going to go anywhere long-term, then Dubinsky's goalscoring needs to come back. The team has enough playmakers. Richards' left wing is the best possible place for Dubinsky to do that. Putting him back at center (where the natural instinct is to pass) is possibly the worst place for him to be.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Dorado*

Richards LW is a perfect spot for a natural goal scorer if we want to ever separate ourselves from a middle of the pack team .it's hard not to like Dubi , he does all the little things , plays hard on the puck , solid away from it BUT is not a natural scorer per se. He doesn't posess what I would call a good shot and his accuracy is especially poor . I personally like him at center because he seems to carry the puck into and through the NZ more and seems more engaged in the game when he is Playing C .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote