HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Who will be the '06 HOF inductees

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2005, 07:17 AM
Chili

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reckoning
In the International Ice Hockey Federation Hall of Fame;http://www.iihf.com/news/iihfpr4704.htm ; there are hardly any Canadians inducted. How come Mike Ulmer and the rest don`t question that?

Do they feel Canada hasn`t made any contributions to international hockey?
There are alot more than 2 Canadians on that list. And have they only been electing people since 1997? If yes, give it some time. There will be alot more.

Old
11-24-2005, 08:01 AM
RorschachWJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili
I think Mike Ulmer asked a great question last spring...

If the 1972 Summit Series was the pinnacle of hockey, why are there 14 Canadian players from that series in the Hockey Hall of Fame and only one Russian?

Valeri Kharlamov was the second Russian elected shortly thereafter but there are certainly others deserving, in my opinion. Such as Mikhailov, Maltsev, Petrov, etc.

I hope that the Kharlamov election opens the doors a bit for some of the other great international players of the past.
Answer to the question: look at the post directly above your post. The composition of the board says it all. 'Good ole Canadian boys from Kingston' there. No evident bias, none at all

I too hope that the Hall will become more worthy of it's lofty name instead of being a mere NHL hall of fame. Time will tell.

Old
11-24-2005, 08:14 AM
Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boucicaut
Answer to the question: look at the post directly above your post. The composition of the board says it all. 'Good ole Canadian boys from Kingston' there. No evident bias, none at all

I too hope that the Hall will become more worthy of it's lofty name instead of being a mere NHL hall of fame. Time will tell.
There should be some European content on the election commitee, in my opinion. It is supposed to be the 'Hockey Hall of Fame' and not the 'NHL' only Hall.

Old
11-24-2005, 08:44 AM
RorschachWJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili
There should be some European content on the election commitee, in my opinion. It is supposed to be the 'Hockey Hall of Fame' and not the 'NHL' only Hall.
Agreed 100%.

Closed Thread