HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 3-1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2011, 08:00 PM
  #126
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Was going to watch the DVR but I got home and I turned my TV on and RDS was showing a replay down 3-1 with two minutes left in the period which completely killed my desire to watch the game.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 08:01 PM
  #127
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,016
vCash: 500
Was Weber drunk tonight? What the hell was wrong with him?

Not going to win many games when it's dangerous to go on the PP. How many chances did the Habs give up on the PP tonight? 6? Honorable mention to Diaz and captain predictive PK. Just brutal on the PP.

At this point try Gorges or something it can't be any worse.

Brutal. Our D is awful. And now I have this sneaking suspicion that Gorges tweaked his knee going into the boards behind the net in the first.

Markov, time to get practising.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 08:02 PM
  #128
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Was going to watch the DVR but I got home and I turned my TV on and RDS was showing a replay down 3-1 with two minutes left in the period which completely killed my desire to watch the game.
Good choice. Your boy Emelin played well though I thought. Drew a penalty and had a solid scoring chance. He was miles ahead of Weber and Diaz tonight imo.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 08:04 PM
  #129
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Good choice. Your boy Emelin played well though I thought. Drew a penalty and had a solid scoring chance. He was miles ahead of Weber and Diaz tonight imo.
Yeah I read that in the Emelin thread, I have four days off now though so I'll probably fast forward through and watch by Wednesday. Right now I don't need to be angry though, I have four days off!

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 08:04 PM
  #130
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,662
vCash: 500
I'm losing faith in this team. Granted, Markov and AK's returns will get my hopes up again.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 08:05 PM
  #131
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Yeah I read that in the Emelin thread, I have four days off now though so I'll probably fast forward through and watch by Wednesday. Right now I don't need to be angry though, I have four days off!
They played ok in the first. Then the worst second period in years. Strangely enough I think we had 4-5 powerplays in that period. It's literally what killed us.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 08:27 PM
  #132
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 50
I hate Day games, Montreal doesn't seem to fair well in them. To make matter worse the next two Saturdays after tomorrow night are day games @ LA then vs NJ. Day games on a Saturday are even worse!


All that being said, I hope Gauthier is looking into the status of Rene Bourque. He's 6'2 over 200lbs and has scored 75 goals over the last three years.

This should be a good time to trade for him with him being in a slump of sorts.
Would be nice to add him to the list with guys like Cole, Pacioretty and Kostitsyn.

Not sure what it would take to snag him but I hope Gauthier is kicking those tires!
He would help big time considering how small the Canadiens are down the middle. They could make up for it with speed and strength on the wing.

Gionta Plekanec Cammallleri
Pacioretty Desharnais Cole
Kostitsyn Eller Bourque
Darche Nokelainen Moen


This would truly give Montreal four solid lines!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:00 PM
  #133
Ross MacLochness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I'm losing faith in this team. Granted, Markov and AK's returns will get my hopes up again.
My thoughts exactly.

We haven't really played bad this year (well tonight was pathetic), and deserve more points than we have, but we really are knee deep in **** right now.

And as much as I love Markov we should recognize the fact that 1. There is a real chance of re-injury and 2. We probably aren't getting the 08-09, 70 point All-Star Markov back this year. He's been away from the game for so long.

Cammalleri really needs to start pulling more weight.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:04 PM
  #134
KerryFraser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
One period and five minutes of effort against the Canes last game. ZERO effort today. Yes we have injuries but that kind of play is unacceptable. I don't know what to think right now about some of our players, don't want to say names, same about the managing staff.

I don't care if we win tomorrow, seriously. Just give me an equal good effort night after night, it's so hard to do?

and what about a coaching staff that can do some moves especialy in PP situation that can resolves our lack of scoring. And i'm not talking about putting Darche on the PP.


Last edited by KerryFraser: 11-25-2011 at 09:11 PM.
KerryFraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:34 PM
  #135
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26,584
vCash: 500
Man, this was a boring game, all together.

The lovefest from Houde over Giroux is overly annoying. It's full ***** mode every time we face the Flyers.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:02 PM
  #136
Mathradio
Drive for 25
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,718
vCash: 500
Perhaps the players wanted to keep some energy for tomorrow, which will be far worse than the Cheesepuffs game.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:11 PM
  #137
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Was Weber drunk tonight? What the hell was wrong with him?

Not going to win many games when it's dangerous to go on the PP. How many chances did the Habs give up on the PP tonight? 6? Honorable mention to Diaz and captain predictive PK. Just brutal on the PP.

At this point try Gorges or something it can't be any worse.

Brutal. Our D is awful. And now I have this sneaking suspicion that Gorges tweaked his knee going into the boards behind the net in the first.

Markov, time to get practising.
With Markov coming back soon, it's time to test the trade market for Weber. He's superfluous. He's a small offensive Dman and I'd say Diaz makes him redundant. He was disgusting against the Flyers both on the PP and defensively. He isn't even needed as a RW. He uses up ice time that would go to Emelin, who can make opposing forwards cautious.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:18 PM
  #138
Analyzer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,996
vCash: 50
Any video of the Emelin hit on Talbot ?

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:18 PM
  #139
digmor crusher
Registered User
 
digmor crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
Cannot win with a bunch of small, offensive creampuff dman. We need one or two large mean sob's who are not afraid of doing the dirty work, blocking shots and hitting.

digmor crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:26 PM
  #140
Mathradio
Drive for 25
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post
Cannot win with a bunch of small, offensive creampuff dman. We need one or two large mean sob's who are not afraid of doing the dirty work, blocking shots and hitting.
Shaone Morrison could be had once Campoli comes back healthy... provided that you're happy with letting Campoli and Nattinen go.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:42 PM
  #141
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,299
vCash: 500
Nothing new to add here...

I will just concur that the PP was an embarrassment and that you could visibly see how its ineffectiveness destroyed the teams moral.

St-Denis as forward?????

Why not Blunden?

Diaz is still learning...

This team will get killed in the PO.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:10 AM
  #142
hockey8888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pandora
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Can't wait to see someone with the "We lost 'cause Gomez wasn't in"....
we lost cause Gomez wasn't in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleLow5 View Post
Imagine if we had Claude Giroux...
Drafted David Fischer 20th overall instead.. LAWL
if Giroux is in this team, he probably just float like everyone else.
most ex habs perform much better elsewhere


Last edited by Mike8: 11-26-2011 at 01:14 AM.
hockey8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:25 AM
  #143
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I hate Day games, Montreal doesn't seem to fair well in them. To make matter worse the next two Saturdays after tomorrow night are day games @ LA then vs NJ. Day games on a Saturday are even worse!


All that being said, I hope Gauthier is looking into the status of Rene Bourque. He's 6'2 over 200lbs and has scored 75 goals over the last three years.

This should be a good time to trade for him with him being in a slump of sorts.
Would be nice to add him to the list with guys like Cole, Pacioretty and Kostitsyn.

Not sure what it would take to snag him but I hope Gauthier is kicking those tires!
He would help big time considering how small the Canadiens are down the middle. They could make up for it with speed and strength on the wing.

Gionta Plekanec Cammallleri
Pacioretty Desharnais Cole
Kostitsyn Eller Bourque
Darche Nokelainen Moen


This would truly give Montreal four solid lines!
No thanks, he is too gutless and more of the same perimetre player we already have. We need someone willing to sit in the crease and knock in rebounds. Someone with passion and willing to pay the price.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:53 AM
  #144
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Do people really turn games off after the 1st period? What kinda fan are you?
Yeah I know. Whenever I read that, I think: Well **** off then. I watch 60 minutes, when I can, win or lose. It also shows complete ignorance of hockey. A game can turn on a dime, one big goal can change everything.

"I turned the TV off after the first" Lame. Bogus. WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post
Cannot win with a bunch of small, offensive creampuff dman. We need one or two large mean sob's who are not afraid of doing the dirty work, blocking shots and hitting.
Cannot win scoring one goal. Duh.


Last edited by Mike8: 11-26-2011 at 01:15 AM.
bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:02 AM
  #145
bravehab
Registered User
 
bravehab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ont Canada
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to bravehab
this PP has the bad juju

bravehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:09 AM
  #146
Macbeth
Registered User
 
Macbeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Petite-Patrie, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Nothing new to add here...

I will just concur that the PP was an embarrassment and that you could visibly see how its ineffectiveness destroyed the teams moral.

St-Denis as forward?????

Why not Blunden?

Diaz is still learning...

This team will get killed in the PO.
People always say this, and yet we sometimes manage to move past the first round.

Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you, feel me ?

Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:28 AM
  #147
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,773
vCash: 500
I'm sorry by that third goal by Price was horrible. Such a lazy play. It cut the legs of the whole team after that.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 02:02 AM
  #148
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I'm sorry by that third goal by Price was horrible. Such a lazy play. It cut the legs of the whole team after that.
While it was his fault, he saved our ass throughout that second period and we still only provided him with one goal.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:30 AM
  #149
FinnHab
Registered User
 
FinnHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: overseas...
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
yeah your right looking at count Jacqula is enough but I'm curious to see what he has to say

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:12 AM
  #150
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I'm sorry by that third goal by Price was horrible. Such a lazy play. It cut the legs of the whole team after that.
Our legs were cut right after the first, so before he even allowed one goal.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.