HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11-12 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - Part 3 - Whole Again!

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2011, 04:52 PM
CCF23

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post
Yeah. I don't see the point in blocking the use of the players. CCF as punishment should have to bench his entire lineup on Saturday though.

I wonder who I'm playing this week...What's wrong, though? I got Elais back until the deal goes through, I assume Sel got Semin back, and Parabola got Burrows back.

Old
11-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Brain Sergeant
Squirrel!

**** my goalies. (Except you, Marc-Andre...)

Old
11-22-2011, 11:35 PM
Eddie Vedder

ive never understood the huge lag time on trades in this league

Old
11-23-2011, 03:18 PM
FacepalmBenning
FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Old
11-23-2011, 03:19 PM
FacepalmBenning
FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Sorry... the powers of HF don't feel I should be allowed to edit my posts right now...

Old
11-23-2011, 03:21 PM
FacepalmBenning
FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Fack... Sorry about those annoying posts but this is funny and it needs to be seen...

Old
11-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Brain Sergeant
Squirrel!

zomgz no activity... this league is a boooooore.

Old
11-25-2011, 12:04 PM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light Mosquito View Post
zomgz no activity... this league is a boooooore.
Seriously....power rankings:
1. BrockH
2-12. Everyone else.

Discuss.

Old
11-25-2011, 01:12 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

More like Tiranis -> everyone else.

11-25-2011, 02:31 PM
ubiquitous
*shink*

Here's something that might spice up the thread!

Week 2 Recap:

Standings:

Premier League:
CCF23 16-3-1 33 Points
Tiranis 11-9-0 22 Points
CRDragon 10-10-0 20 Points
Liquid Snake 10-10-0 20 Points
SelKesler 10-10-0 20 Points
Red Light Mosquito 9-10-1 19 Points

Empire League:
Luc Bourdon 14-5-1 29 Points
BrockH 9-7-4 22 Points
Ubiquitous 8-12-0 16 Points
Parabola 7-12-1 15 Points
EV’s Allstars 6-13-1 13 Points
Balls Mahoney 3-12-5 11 Points

CCF23 Puts Up A Dominant Week To Pull Ahead Of The Pack!

In a week of parity, CCF23 is the lone team to show any form of dominance, and as a result, he takes an early commanding lead in the Premier League. Team EV came into the week trying to build off a solid start where he won 6-4, but unfortunately, his offense was unable to pick up his team when CCF’s goaltenders dominated. Ryan Miller had two incredibly strong games that included a shutout and two wins to lead CCF to a goaltender sweep. The lone category that EV managed to steal was the assist category, thanks to a solid four assist effort by Brian Campbell.

When asked about the emphatic statement that his players made on the week, CCF was quoted as saying, “My scoring has arrived.” When attempting to reach EV for comment, his only reply was laced with profanity towards Ryan Miller, perhaps alluding to a bout of karma that might hit the Buffalo netminder down the road. A failure last year, Mike Green led the way for CCF this week offensively, providing two goals and two assists on the week, to go with a plus three rating.

In a very startling development, the matchup between Liquid Snake and Red Light Mosquito went in a completely different direction after a clerical error caused Liquid Snake to miss the required three goaltender start minimum. As a result, RLM stole five points from the matchup, and made what should’ve been a 7-2-1 victory into a 5-5 tie. Dwayne Roloson was particularly bad for RLM, but in the end it didn’t matter, as Liquid Snake’s Dale Tallonesque mistake made any goaltending failure moot.

Liquid Snake did show to the rest of the league that his offense was a force to be reckoned with, with Phil Kessel dominating yet another week and the Sedins showing that their 100 point seasons were not a back to back fluke. Surprisingly, Marc-Andre Bergeron helped prevent a complete offense sweep with a solid four assists on the week. Needless to say, in this matchup, the big point of discussion was the goalie mistake. We reached out to Liquid Snake and he pointed the blame on Yahoo, stating that, “Yahoo showed Kipper had a one save night on Thursday and then corrected it later on, so I assumed that I had made the criteria.” When asked why he would have not followed up this decision with a second source, Snake glared at our reporter and we left it at that.

Luc Bourdon, coming off a shutout in his debut week, faced what was believed to be one of the top goaltender tandems in the league when he faced off against parabola. The matchup went basically the opposite of what most expected, with LB getting a remarkable THREE shutouts on the week, two from Jon Quick and one from Tomas Vokoun, both men putting up a perfect 1.0 SVP and 0.00 GAA to ensure a sweep of the goalies. Ironically, parabola had a great set of starts from his goaltenders, but didn’t take a single category. Henrik Lundqvist put up 2 wins and a shutout in the loss.

Parabola’s Ottawa Senator tandem ensured that his team wouldn’t go home empty handed, with Spezza putting up a whopping 7 points and Michalek put up 5 in a complimentary role. This allowed parabola to take 5/6 forward categories, his lone loss in that regard being penalty minutes. This matchup ended up in a very anti-climactic tie, considering the smack talk that had been escalating prior to the matchup.

SelKesler and ubiquitous came together in easily the most feeble matchups of the week. They combined to put up a meager 39 points and both teams had goaltenders that were doing their best to throw the goaltending categories away. In the end, Tuukka Rask and Al Montoya were more successful, losing three of four categories for ubiquitous. The lone bright spot for either team was a four point week for Vincent Lecavalier. Every other player only hit three points or less. For ubiquitous, Pekka Rinne managed a shutout to at least steal away the shutout category tie and give his team an extra point.

After a first week drubbing, team BM was hopeful that he could do some damage against one of the more potent teams in the league. BM was led by his Bruin players, with Milan Lucic putting up five points to go with 12 penalty minutes, Nathan Horton putting up 16 penalty minutes and Zdeno Chara putting up an insane 23 penalty minutes, to own the penalty minute category, despite Brock putting up an impressive 49 PIMs of his own.

The problem was, this matchup had four ties and as a result, a 3-3-4 tie on the week was the best either team could muster. Considering what Mahoney went through last week, I’m sure he would take the tie instead of the potential flipping of some of those tie categories. From the horse’s mouth, BM stated, “I’ll take ten points from a team of Brock’s calibre any day of the week.” Brock was led offensively by Alex Ovechkin, a sign that hopefully the talented Russian winger was on the road back to dominant play.

A theme throughout the week was matchups where one team dominated the goaltending categories, where the other team dominates the offensive categories. Surprisingly, Tiranis, a guy who was listed as having one of the weaker goaltending groups out of the league, got two solid starts from Mathieu Garon and as a result, ended up with a shutout and two wins, and a sweep of the goaltending categories on that effort alone. Ilya Bryzgalov did CRD no favours by putting up a 4.59 GAA and .830 SVP.

On the other side of things, rookie Matt Read had a strong four point week with a plus three rating, leading the way for CRD to take five of six categories on the offensive side of things. Tiranis was only a few points off of making this matchup a drubbing, so CRD should consider himself lucky that Loui Eriksson and Patrick Sharp’s four point efforts on the week didn’t result in a larger swing of point distribution as there were only one goal separating them and two assists.

Week 3 Recap:

Standings:

Premier League:
CCF23 18-11-1 37 Points
Red Light Mosquito 18-11-1 37 Points
CRDragon 18-12-0 36 Points
SelKesler 16-13-1 33 Points
Tiranis 14-15-1 29 Points
Liquid Snake 12-16-2 26 Points

Empire League:
Luc Bourdon 17-11-2 36 Points
BrockH 15-9-6 36 Points
ubiquitous 14-15-1 29 Points
EV’s Allstars 12-16-2 26 Points
parabola 10-18-2 22 Points
Balls Mahoney 4-21-5 13 Points

Not Again! Team Mahoney gets destroyed for the second time in three weeks!

A valiant effort from Team Mahoney gets absolutely destroyed by a record week from Red Light Mosquito. RLM put up a ridiculous 146 shots and put up 2 shutouts and by about the third day, it seemed like the writing was on the wall for BM. Scott Hartnell had a ridiculous 9 points on the week and was plus five for RLM. Teemu Selanne had a six point week and Alex Edler had four points of his own. Kimmo Timonen’s seven assists with a plus eight rating was a solid attempt to get back into things for BM but in the end, it was too much to overcome. Throw in a shutout from Marc-Andre Fleury and a random Dwayne Roloson shutout and you’ve got a matchup that one could only call “an unlucky draw”.

As a result, Team Mahoney is the only team that still remains in the ‘teens’ when it comes to the standings, and RLM vaulted himself up to the top of what looks like so far the vastly superior division.

Speaking of embarrassing blowouts, in the battle of co-commissioners, one team rose above and dominated the other team. Unfortunately, this wasn’t a matchup for sole control of the league (which would’ve been awesome) but instead just another matchup, one that saw CCF23 lose the lead in the division that he had gained just one week prior, as he was smashed 8-2-0. CRD managed to pull out two shutouts, one from Cam Ward and one from Johan Hedberg. Ryan Miller dropped a bad couple games and finished the week a smidge under a GAA of 4. Jacob Markstrom was the lone bright spot for CCF, putting up a strong start in his only appearance on the week, and helping CCF steal one goalie category, the save percentage.

On offense, Claude “Don’t Call Me Jesus” Giroux dominated the week, putting up a giant seven point total, and Patrick Marleau provided enough backup with a five point week of his own. Danny Briere attempted to counteract those totals with his own five point week, but it wasn’t enough as CCF’s big guns like Jonathan Toews didn’t show up at all.

Luc Bourdon faced off against SelKesler in week three, and after a stat correction changed the matchups final tally, LB continued to complain as if the stat correction is what cost him the week. He was quoted as stating, “Unreal, a stat correction, I lost 6-3.” What he failed to realize is that a stat correction is not a mistake, it is rectifying a mistake so really, nothing cost him. Anyway, SelKesler’s goaltenders dominated LB’s, which was surprising considering LB’s killer week last week. It made sense because he wasted all his shutouts on the week prior, so SK took three of four with ease. The assists and power play points were incredibly close and could’ve made the difference, but alas a strong Sheldon Souray effort was not enough to catch SK.

In a matchup between Empire League members, parabola and ubiquitous squared off. Again, parabola’s goaltending let him down and allowed ubiquitous the ability to sweep goaltending categories, despite only putting up 2 wins on the week. Pekka Rinne once again came through with a shutout while both Henrik Lundqvist and Roberto Luongo put up horrific numbers on the week. Jaromir Jagr led the way for ubiquitous’ offense, putting up five goals and two assists. Steven Stamkos finally broke through with a hat trick to match up with Joe Pavelski’s five points on the week, parabola’s leader on offense. The end result was the former champion’s ubiquitous’ first win of the season, a 6-3-1 victory.

Carey Price had a dominating week for EV, putting up three wins with a sparkling .950 save percentage to go along with it. EV managed to take three of four goaltending categories from Tiranis, setting himself up nicely for the win. Offensively, Thomas Vanek and Max Pacioretty led the way for him, with five points and four points respectively. Tiranis’ team as a whole didn’t do a lot offensively, but rookie Luke Adam did put up a three assist week to lead his team. Considering the dominance that Philadelphia put forth this week, Matt Carle’s minus seven (I almost typed sieven, which may have been the worst pun I’ve ever written) is absolutely inexcusable, and could’ve been one of the things that cost Tiranis.

Finally, Liquid Snake and Brock met up, with Liquid Snake trying to recover from his brutal error from last week. He managed to get four different goalies on the ice throughout the week, making sure that he passed the three start threshold. He also managed to take two of four categories, tying the other two thanks to a solid week from Dubnyk and Cory Schneider. Those would be the only categories that LS would take though, as Brock swept the board stealing all six offensive categories thanks in large part to a great effort from Jason Pominville (4 points) and Erik Karlsson (4 points, +3). Although LS’ main producers were respectable, they were unable to put up the big numbers that his team had become accustomed to. Another tough week for LS, losing 6-2-2 to Brock’s team.

Will be caught up completely by Sunday (due to the fact that I need this for a school project haha)

Old
11-25-2011, 02:31 PM
FacepalmBenning
FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Goddamnit, **** these early games

Old
11-25-2011, 03:13 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Goddamnit, **** these early games
I was lucky and checked late last night.

Old
11-25-2011, 05:28 PM
FacepalmBenning
FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!!

On my bench

Old
11-25-2011, 06:18 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

WTF.... Apparently I forgot to set my lines today.

This is going to suck so hard. I've benched 2 assists (eberle), and Spezza and Michalek are benched, chances are that's some points too.

Old
11-25-2011, 06:27 PM
ubiquitous
*shink*

I benched Bobby Ryan ON PURPOSE and he rewarded me with a 2 goal effort. WOO!

Old
11-25-2011, 07:58 PM
CRDragon
¯\_(シ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post
I benched Bobby Ryan ON PURPOSE and he rewarded me with a 2 goal effort. WOO!
Its ok I benched a Hedburg SO.

Old
11-26-2011, 12:08 AM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Old
11-26-2011, 01:31 AM
CRDragon
¯\_(シ)_/¯

The 3 way trade has been completed.
Your players can be used for Saturday.

Old
11-26-2011, 01:32 AM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Wewt.

Old
11-26-2011, 02:46 AM
Eddie Vedder

nobody bit on my earlier comment, whats with the long trade delay?

Its never made sense to me, and i would just as soon get rid of it.

Old
11-26-2011, 06:46 AM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Vedder View Post
nobody bit on my earlier comment, whats with the long trade delay?

Its never made sense to me, and i would just as soon get rid of it.
It's the Yahoo standard, but I'm inclined to agree. This league is active enough, a 1 day review period seems like more than enough time. I also think we should still vote on CCF's rule change (adapted to 2/week without counting injuries and also hopefully excluding add/drops effective Monday) because even with Luc gone it remains a potential issue.

Old
11-26-2011, 11:47 AM
FacepalmBenning
FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!!

My man Bob is getting another start in the back to back.

Old
11-26-2011, 12:16 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDragon View Post
The 3 way trade has been completed.
Your players can be used for Saturday.
Why did you move the players so late? This ****s me over since I just woke up and have Elias on my bench.

Unbelievable how ****ed up you dealt with this 3-way trade.

Note to everyone: Don't do 3 way trades. They are handled poorly by CRD.

Old
11-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Why did you move the players so late? This ****s me over since I just woke up and have Elias on my bench.

Unbelievable how ****ed up you dealt with this 3-way trade.

Note to everyone: Don't do 3 way trades. They are handled poorly by CRD.
How exactly is it his problem that you woke up late? He moved them before midnight last night as far as I can tell, the same way it would've happened had the trade gone through automatically. Good god, what a whiny *****.

Old
11-26-2011, 12:28 PM
CRDragon
¯\_(シ)_/¯

I admit it's partially my fault I did it this late. But no one reminded me yesterday either...even though I chatted with you yesterday. I almost totally forgot until I got home late last night right before 12.

At least I didn't forget and kept it on schedule.

we can always blame CCF, if he hadn't pushed the trade, this wouldn't have happened, because it would have been automatic.

Closed Thread