HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is Wrong With the Ducks?

Old
11-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
What is Wrong With the Ducks?

I am perplexed at the play of our neighbors down south.

Unlike many of you, I don't hate the Ducks, and actually enjoyed their Cup run in 2007. (I really can't stand the Canucks, Sharks, and Red Wings, in that order, but that is a story for another day.)

What is wrong with this team? Locker room problems? (I haven't heard of any.) All I can really think of is that they stink defensively, because we all know they have plenty of offensive talent. Today, the score was 6-5, and that score in-and-of-itself may be the telling factor: plenty of offense, no defense, and bad goaltending. (I didn't see the game, so I don't know for sure, but that really is the picture for the rest of the season, so far.)

Anyone out there hear if there is real discontent? Morale problems? Coaching-change rumors? I haven't heard any of this...wondering what some of you may know, or have heard, or have even "rumor-mongered."

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:18 AM
GraniteHead

Visnovsky is hurt and Hiller is three steps below the level of his play prior to the concussion. End of story. (Oh, and their bottom 6 is just as bad as the Kings.)

GraniteHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Shellz

Really? Get this **** out of here. Go talk to them if you really care.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:36 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Injuries and they played over their head last season.

They were picked to finish around 10th last year and surprised everyone. Their defense isn't very good and they lost Visnovsky. They don't have any depth to cover for him.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:48 AM
johnjm22

They need to trade Bobby Ryan to us.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:11 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Really? Get this **** out of here. Go talk to them if you really care.
Seriously!

If anything, just post it on the "Around the league" thread.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:22 AM
johnjm22

What's wrong with the Ducks:

The franchise is based on Disney movie.

Their fanbase looks like the front row of a Taylor Swift concert.

They have the worst uniforms in professional North American Sports.

Brian Hayward.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:22 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

You probably should have asked this on the _ucks forum.

But yeah, Hiller is showing how overrated he is, and no Lubo = no win.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:25 AM
kingscourt26

I still don't get the Ducks hate. I'm not a fan of them or anything but it's a manufactured rival. The whole Freeway Faceoff BS makes me sick.

kingscourt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:26 AM
kingscourt26

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
What's wrong with the Ducks:

The franchise is based on Disney movie.

Their fanbase looks like the front row of a Taylor Swift concert.

They have the worst uniforms in professional North American Sports.

Brian Hayward.
And sadly, I would deal with every one of those to see a cup come to LA in my lifetime.

kingscourt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:34 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Maybe you should post this at the ducks boards. And Bobby should be a King already.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:36 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingscourt26 View Post
I still don't get the Ducks hate. I'm not a fan of them or anything but it's a manufactured rival. The whole Freeway Faceoff BS makes me sick.
It really is...and anyone who buys into this "rivalry" is imagining things.

Honestly, I don't know if the Kings truly have a rival. I know as players there is no love lost between them and the Canucks and Blues, for example, but I haven't seen a rivalry between the Kings and anyone since the Kings and Oilers in the '80s and '90s.

I remember one game in particular when about a dozen fights broke out with literally 0:01 to go in the game...can't remember the year off-hand, but it was historic in that the game (up until that point in time) had the most penalty minutes in the history of the league.

Time to go and research it and see if I can find it...and see if that record has been broken yet.

Old
11-26-2011, 01:40 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
I agree. They are hurting for defensemen. How about Martinez and a pick for Ryan?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Shellz

It has nothing to do with a rivarly. I can not stand the Ducks. Just like the Canucks. I would never cheer for them. Hatehatehatehate. And I don't hate a lot of things.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:47 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Found it.

http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/Gam...spx?Game=18478

Kings won the game 4-2. As noted, it was the most penalized game in NHL history at the time; however, that record has been broken twice since then.

Apparently, the Senators and Flyers in 2004 now own that distinction.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articl...y_2004/2191274

Old
11-26-2011, 02:11 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Only 1 and a half solid lines

Only 2 solid defensemen

no goaltending currently

they have terrible un-knowledgable fairweather fans

They have the worst announcing team in hockey

and they have little no youth in the system. (no Etem will not solve all their problems, nor will Palmieri.)

What isn't wrong with the Ducks is more like it.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 02:19 AM
Fishhead

I was at that game.

I went with my Dad, I remember because it was the middle of the week and while I didn't have a class until 10 the next day, he had to get up early. When we left the Hollypark lot it was after 11.

I seem to remember them calling the game early, with like 30 seconds left. It was a loooong time ago, but there was a game I went to around that time where we were discussing what would happen if so many ejections took place that a team couldn't put 5 on the ice. I'm almost positive it was this game.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:42 AM
damacles1156

At least they have a Stanley Cup I guess.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:25 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Only 1 and a half solid lines

Only 2 solid defensemen

no goaltending currently

they have terrible un-knowledgable fairweather fans

They have the worst announcing team in hockey

and they have little no youth in the system. (no Etem will not solve all their problems, nor will Palmieri.)

What isn't wrong with the Ducks is more like it.
Pretty much this. Though I personally can't say for sure about the bold.

KopitarFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:33 AM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Why should any of us KINGS fans give a **** about the _ucks? everything about them should make a KINGS fans skin crawl... I for one am glad that they suck ass. Keep up the good work ducks!

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 06:26 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
Why should any of us KINGS fans give a **** about the _ucks? everything about them should make a KINGS fans skin crawl... I for one am glad that they suck ass. Keep up the good work ducks!
I posted for discussion only, not for you to have such a visceral reaction...sorry to raise yours and others' blood pressure.

It's a message board.

Old
11-26-2011, 06:57 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I agree. They are hurting for defensemen. How about Martinez and a pick for Ryan?
I wish.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 07:02 AM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

The ducks have the opposite problem we do: poor defense, struggling goaltending, high scoring offense, little depth, uneducated fans, and the worst announcers.

And here's how I see the rivalry...Here's a team that moves into the league less than an hour from Kings territory, and then proceeds to win a cup in less than 15 years. If you're not mad about that, then you probably weren't a Kings fan before 2007.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I posted for discussion only, not for you to have such a visceral reaction...sorry to raise yours and others' blood pressure.

It's a message board.
that's just it. to date the rivalry exists more between the fans than the teams/players themselves. for some, myself included, i *** hate them. right up there with DET, VAN and SJ. to the point that i hate them more than the other three. well maybe not as bad as VAN. ANH and VAN i can't stand. the teams and their fans are arrogant ****** the whole lot of them.

i grew up in Fullerton and played in Anaheim. i was already a firmly rooted Kings fan when they came into the league. to be that close and have to hear, put up with the bs always made and still makes my blood boil. going to games at the Pond and having to tolerate 3 hours of some snot nosed kid blowing on the duck calls they used to sell drove me insane. sitting there for 3 hours and having to listen to a duck fan spewing their knowledge drove me insane.

having friends from OC that would watch and loosely follow the Kings, only to switch to following the ducks because of proximity pisses me off. in college we had a small group of 4 of us that watched every Kings game at Spoons. the year of the cup run by the end we had on average 30+ for every game. they loved it, they couldn't get enough of it. then the Kings went in the ******* for a decade and Disney decided to put together a team so it could sell more merchandise down the 57. all those casual fans disappeared in a heartbeat.

what really pisses me off though is hearing the one and only thing the ducks fan can spout off on "yeah but we won the Cup"....makes me want to pull their throat out with my bare hands. most of them are all casual fans and don't follow the team day to day, but man do they love to throw this line out at Kings fans. knowing full well it makes our blood boil.

it's similar to the NYR-NYI rivalry. they have faced each other iirc 5 times in the playoffs, which adds fuel to the fire. what is common though to the LA-anh rivalry is proximity, same division/conference, intermixed fans and a shared media market. also similar is a long standing team with lack of success and a newcomer that has won the big prize during this time. isles fans used to rub their four SC's in the noses of the rangers fans. they used to chant 1940 religiously to piss off the rangers and their fans.

personally i think you put something like this in the Kings board you should expect to get beat up verbally for it.

personally i dont think there is anything wrong with the fukcs....they are just where i want them. in last place and in the rear view mirror of the Kings

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:36 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

I hate their fanbase more than the actual team. Like others have already said, they are nothing but arrogant and casual fair-weather fans. If the _ucks continue to eat a dick (and I hope they do), and the Kings somehow go deep in the playoffs...I guarantee you we get a lot of new "fans". Whenever I wear my Kings hat _ucks "fans" first assume it's for the basketball team. Then when they find out it's for the NHL, they inform me they like the _ucks because, "they won it all once, right?" It's hilarious. I also know a dude who couldn't name more than three people on the _ucks, but constantly talks **** to me about the Kings. Whenever I come back at him he responds with, "Yeah, but we won the Cup". I'm sure that dude never even saw them win the Cup in real time. He just saw highlights and said, oh I'm a _uck fan now.

So in closing, **** the _ucks. I hope they stay on the bottom of the league until the end of time. The End Of Time.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote