HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Long Island/Toronto Proposal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2005, 02:22 PM
  #26
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMick
Obviousily youre getting Niinimaa confused with Poti
Both former Oilers stink.Poti's contract is up after this season while Niinimaa has one more season

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 02:23 PM
  #27
DaMick
at least we got D
 
DaMick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,425
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Both former Oilers stink.Poti's contract is up after this season while Niinimaa has one more season
cmon
Niinimaa might be our whipping boy...but ask anyone

Niinimaa>>> Poti

__________________
DaMick is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 02:24 PM
  #28
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMick
cmon
Niinimaa might be our whipping boy...but ask anyone

Niinimaa>>> Poti
You can have both of them

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 02:28 PM
  #29
AgentOrange*
 
AgentOrange*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
I don't necessarily agree with the above, but if you feel Parrish could be a 40+ goal scorer and Stajan's rookie season was possibly the best season of his career why would you ever even dream of dealing Parrish for Stajan?

40 Goal scorers are a VERY valuable commodity and Stajan definitely doesn't have that offensive upside. If Stajan's rookie season is to be the best of his career then you'd be making an awfully huge downgrade.
Stajan is younger and cheaper and Parrish's contract is up after this season.

Atleast with this thread (proposal) TML fans should know what it is like to read horrible proposal(s).

AgentOrange* is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 02:28 PM
  #30
DaMick
at least we got D
 
DaMick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,425
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
You can have both of them


we'll keep "2 minutes" Niinimaa


you can keep Poti

DaMick is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 02:30 PM
  #31
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMick


we'll keep "2 minutes" Niinimaa


you can keep Poti
Tom will be gone when his contract expires next July while Niinimaa has another year.Enjoy

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 02:34 PM
  #32
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 27,527
vCash: 500
Toronto is nuts if they move Steen anywhere. They won't.

Watch him a couple of times...the kid is an impressive player.

Trottier is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 02:53 PM
  #33
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Tom will be gone when his contract expires next July while Niinimaa has another year.Enjoy
Janne N has been one of the better Islander defensemen over the last 10 games, and the turn around in his game is the major reason the Isles have gone from several games below .500 to slightly above .500. He currently has the best plus/minus rating on the Isles defense.

You simply don't know what you are talking about.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 03:22 PM
  #34
Leaf Army
Registered User
 
Leaf Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leaf Nation
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Yeah I don't think that deal works for Toronto.

If you compare Parrish to Steen and Niinimaa to Kaberle in this deal I think the Islanders would be getting the better, younger and cheaper player in each case.

Leaf Army is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 03:55 PM
  #35
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 22,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Yeah I don't think that deal works for Toronto.

If you compare Parrish to Steen and Niinimaa to Kaberle in this deal I think the Islanders would be getting the better, younger and cheaper player in each case.
I thinK parrish is a better player right now then Steen, the fact is he is a UFA at season's end and Steen is younger which tips that comparison in favor of steen.

boredmale is online now  
Old
11-22-2005, 04:11 PM
  #36
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 27,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
You simply don't know what you are talking about.
You are correct Darth.

Rangers show the first signs of emotion in a decade, win a few games in October and November (yipee!), and suddenly a few of their myopic fans think they are on top of the world, talking smack about NYI, NJD and everyone else.

Whatever.

Trottier is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 07:19 PM
  #37
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 33,713
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I'd say that Steen's value alone exceeds Parrish's (who is an impending UFA) and Janne N.'s combined value. If you want to break it down player by player, Steen >>> Parrish, Kaberle > Janne N.

Leafs wouldn't touch this.

And, incidently, a deal between the Leafs and Isles is not likely with games within the conference such a key issue.
concur.

Porn* is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 07:27 PM
  #38
KH1
Registered User
 
KH1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Under the cap floor
Country: United States
Posts: 16,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeps
more like Chewy = Parrish.


there both streaky players Parrish might be better but atleast he can put the puck in the bet... Parrish has a hard time...

You have to be kidding...Parrish isn't the best player in the league but he may just be the best at screening the goaltender in all of hockey. On the flip side we've had Mariusz Czerkawski before--you can't try to sell Isles fans that he is as good a player as Parrish.

Basically Parrish is gonna pick up 20 goals and 20 assists plus a solid 10 phantom points on goals scored because he was in the face of the goalie. Plus he is a pretty decent penalty killer.

Chow...not so much.

KH1 is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 08:52 PM
  #39
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is
 
Poignant Discussion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Gatineau, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,757
vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange
To Long Island:

Steen
Kaberle

To Toronto:

Parrish
Niinimaa

Add whatever to either side to even it out (if need be).

Long Island gets a #2 center to play who could possibly play with Nilsson and Weinhandl. Since Bates is out, York could be moved down to center the 3rd line, and when Bates comes back, he could move up to play the LW with Yashin and Satan.

Long Island gets a potential Kenny Jonsson replacement.

Toronto gets a proven (yet streaky/inconsistent) scorer in Parrish who I think would fit in well because of his style of play.

Toronto gets a top pairing dman in Niinimaa.

Ummm, No

Poignant Discussion is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 08:59 PM
  #40
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henry I
You have to be kidding...Parrish isn't the best player in the league but he may just be the best at screening the goaltender in all of hockey. On the flip side we've had Mariusz Czerkawski before--you can't try to sell Isles fans that he is as good a player as Parrish.

Basically Parrish is gonna pick up 20 goals and 20 assists plus a solid 10 phantom points on goals scored because he was in the face of the goalie. Plus he is a pretty decent penalty killer.

Chow...not so much.
I didn't know "Chewy" was a reference to Chow. But, comparing Chow and Parrish (who is grit personified) is a bit silly.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 09:57 PM
  #41
The_Puck_Hog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange
To Long Island:

Steen
Kaberle

To Toronto:

Parrish
Niinimaa

Add whatever to either side to even it out (if need be).

Long Island gets a #2 center to play who could possibly play with Nilsson and Weinhandl. Since Bates is out, York could be moved down to center the 3rd line, and when Bates comes back, he could move up to play the LW with Yashin and Satan.

Long Island gets a potential Kenny Jonsson replacement.

Toronto gets a proven (yet streaky/inconsistent) scorer in Parrish who I think would fit in well because of his style of play.

Toronto gets a top pairing dman in Niinimaa.


This is a Joke. Right?

The Leafs wouldn't give up Steen for both those players....

The_Puck_Hog is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 10:11 PM
  #42
leaflover
New hope
 
leaflover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: beautiful B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,910
vCash: 4850
Any deal the leafs make needs to result in an upgrade on the backend.Perhaps moving a forward along with a depth d-man to make it happen.

leaflover is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 10:25 PM
  #43
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover
Any deal the leafs make needs to result in an upgrade on the backend.Perhaps moving a forward along with a depth d-man to make it happen.

I agree with the posters,who say there's little chance the Leafs do the original proposal:Steen/Kaberle for Parrish/Niinimaa.

but there's also little chance that the isles trade a top 4 defenseman,to get a forward+3rd pairing d-man.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 10:29 PM
  #44
leaflover
New hope
 
leaflover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: beautiful B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,910
vCash: 4850
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
I agree with the posters,who say there's little chance the Leafs do the original proposal:Steen/Kaberle for Parrish/Niinimaa.

but there's also little chance that the isles trade a top 4 defenseman,to get a forward+3rd pairing d-man.
Indeed,these two teams are unlikely partners under my scenario.

leaflover is offline  
Old
11-22-2005, 10:36 PM
  #45
tml_4ever
It's Chaotic
 
tml_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,923
vCash: 500
No way....there is no way we'd give up a promising youngster like Steen

If JFJ did this trade, a lot of people would be calling for his head

tml_4ever is offline  
Old
11-24-2005, 03:31 PM
  #46
Blue Brigade
Registered User
 
Blue Brigade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange
To Long Island:

Steen
Kaberle

To Toronto:

Parrish
Niinimaa

Add whatever to either side to even it out (if need be).

Long Island gets a #2 center to play who could possibly play with Nilsson and Weinhandl. Since Bates is out, York could be moved down to center the 3rd line, and when Bates comes back, he could move up to play the LW with Yashin and Satan.

Long Island gets a potential Kenny Jonsson replacement.

Toronto gets a proven (yet streaky/inconsistent) scorer in Parrish who I think would fit in well because of his style of play.

Toronto gets a top pairing dman in Niinimaa.

Trent Hunter 25 - $1,000,000.00 for Nik Antropov 25 - $1,007,000.00 now thats fair.

Blue Brigade is offline  
Old
11-24-2005, 03:34 PM
  #47
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 22,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Brigade
$1,000,000.00 for Nik Antropov 25 - $1,007,000.00
we already have one of those in Oleg Kvasha. Great when they have a few of those amazing games or plays a year but sucks the other 70+ games.

boredmale is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.