Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Game #23 | Jets @ Bruins | November 26th 6PM CST / 7PM EST

9-9-413-7-1

TD Banknorth Arena | Saturday, November 26th | 6PM CST / 7PM EST | CBC

11-26-2011, 04:31 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Loving the Simpsons reference Hammer, great job as usual...although not as good as me...jk

Jets will be in tough in this game, I do not see them winning but they always seem to step up in impossible odds (then lose to Columbus with great odds...)

Old
11-26-2011, 04:41 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

BTW, when Arturs Kulda is in the lineup the Jets are 4-0-0...
when he is not in the lineup they are 5-9-4...
KEEP PLAYING KULDA!!!!....

Old
11-26-2011, 05:20 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

My first game between my 2 favorite teams. I hope it comes down to overtime/shootout, but I think the Jets get blown out in this one. 5-1 Bruins.

Old
11-26-2011, 06:32 AM
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby

vCash: 50
The Jets are in tough this game, but as long as all 20 players give it their all, I can accept a loss.

I'm hoping they win, even if it's shoot-out, but the reality is that the Bruins are large, fast, skilled and tough, and have one of the best, if not the best, goalies in the world between the pipes.

Old
11-26-2011, 06:47 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
I predict a fast, rough game.

Old
11-26-2011, 06:50 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

This will certainly be a tough game and we'll have our hands full. However, this team is on a roll and they have given me a lot to believe in. If there is one thing about this team, it's that they give themselves a chance to win on almost any given night based on their effort and dedication.

I have a feeling this Jets team shows up to Boston tonight and plays a hell of a game. I think this game is going to feel like that of a playoff game.

Let's Go Jets!!!

11-26-2011, 07:58 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Go Jets Go!

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
11-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
BTW, when Arturs Kulda is in the lineup the Jets are 4-0-0...
when he is not in the lineup they are 5-9-4...
KEEP PLAYING KULDA!!!!....
You stole that from me!

I was just about to point it out again. WAR KULDA!!!!

Jets will win tonight.

GO JETS GO!!!

Old
11-26-2011, 08:15 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

I hope we get the two points tonight.
So I can watch the bruin board explode

Old
11-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
I really hate the Bruins. So just win.

Old
11-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Up and at them!

Old
11-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

The Jets over their past five games have garnered nine points out of a possible ten; that is great and is also fairly obvious. What it stems from though is really good coaching.

Huddy: He has the D playing as a unit, they have each others back. They were a very disparate group to begin the year, playing as individuals. Early in the season when the Jets took possession in their own end the entire team used to rush up the ice like bats out of hell and single turnovers proved costly as a result because there was no backup. Now the Jets D always back each other up, and this is no more blatantly obvious than when play is behind the goal line in their own end. Whenever a d-man has the puck in the corner, his partner moves toward the opposite side to ensure an outlet if there is trouble; they just reverse the flow of the play and then move it out. So solid. The breakouts are also quick and crisp.

Vincent: In charge of the forwards, he has them head-manning the puck efficiently on breakouts near every time. His special teams work is showing benefits as well. On offense they pass the puck and work to also create passing opportunities for each other. They are creative with the puck, but only to an extent and as a result are clearly intentionally throwing many more pucks at the net and are grinding it out in front for rebounds. Think of how many goal mouth scrambles they caused in front of Ward last night; they could have scored a few more against Carolina if given a bounce or two down low. They've now actually out shot the opposition the past few games.

Noel: Has the team working as a cohesive unit. At times they looked like the Red Wings of old last night, they were literally advancing the puck offensively in waves via an efficient puck possession game, in wave after wave. They dominated the game momentum last night for at least forty minutes. They are also playing VERY WELL in the neutral zone without the puck, are cutting off passing lanes, are trapping effectively.

If the Jets play this sort of a team game again tonight they can beat anyone, including Boston.

Last edited by Gump Hasek: 11-26-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old
11-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
Jetman at the ballet.

Going to be an interesting game.

Old
11-26-2011, 09:07 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
The Jets over their past five games have garnered nine points out of a possible ten; that is great and is also fairly obvious. What is stems from though is really good coaching.

Huddy: He has the D playing as a unit, they have each others back. They were a very disparate group to begin the year, playing as individuals. Early in the season when the Jets took possession in their own end the entire team used to rush up the ice like bats out of hell and single turnovers proved costly as a result because there was no backup. Now the Jets D always back each other up, and this is no more blatantly obvious than when play is behind the goal line in their own end. Whenever a d-man has the puck in the corner, his partner moves toward the opposite side to ensure an outlet if there is trouble; they just reverse the flow of the play and then move it out. So solid. The breakouts are also quick and crisp.

Vincent: In charge of the forwards, he has them head-manning the puck efficiently on breakouts near every time. His special teams work is showing benefits as well. On offense they pass the puck and work to also create passing opportunities for each other. They are creative with the puck, but only to an extent and as a result are clearly intentionally throwing many more pucks at the net and are grinding it out in front for rebounds. Think of how many goal mouth scrambles they caused in front of Ward last night; they could have scored a few more against Carolina if given a bounce or two down low. They've now actually out shot the opposition the past few games.

Noel: Has the team working as a cohesive unit. At times they looked like the Red Wings of old last night, they were literally advancing the puck offensively in waves via an efficient puck possession game, in wave after wave. They dominated the game momentum last night for at least forty minutes. They are also playing VERY WELL in the neutral zone without the puck, are cutting off passing lanes, are trapping effectively.

If the Jets play this sort of a team game again tonight they can beat anyone, including Boston.
According to Paradise in the Bruins thread the Bruins should kill the Jets cause of our poor coaching.

Who should I believe??? So conflicted!

Old
11-26-2011, 09:14 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
There are some real cocky ****** on that Baaaaaaaston thread.

Jets are the underdogs tonight and the Bombers the underdogs tomorrow. What would be really awesome is if both teams can pull the rug from under them and win, more importantly for tomorrows game of course

Old
11-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
According to Paradise in the Bruins thread the Bruins should kill the Jets cause of our poor coaching.
The game tonight may in fact simply boil down to goaltending if the Jets play the way they have of late; Thomas has proven capable of stealing many games on his own though and Julien is the beneficiary of that. It won't be coaching that is the prime difference maker; he coaches a trap, just like the Jets and pretty much everyone else.

Old
11-26-2011, 09:19 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Early in the season when the Jets took possession in their own end the entire team used to rush up the ice like bats out of hell and single turnovers proved costly as a result because there was no backup.
Oduya's giveaway to Alfredsson was a direct result of this. He had no options.

Old
11-26-2011, 09:27 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
I think we need a little reminder of what happened last year...

Old
11-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post

I remember reading that, and when I saw "Freddie Meyer with a high hit on Lucic", the first thing I thought was "wow...was he using a step ladder?"

Old
11-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post

Homer announcers, cheap shots. I ****ing hate the Bruins.

Old
11-26-2011, 09:59 AM
ps241
Drunken rant!

We are playing the defending Stanley cup champs who happen to be the hottest team in the NHL in their building, on the third game of a road trip, on back to back nights. This should be the toughest test of the year for us to date.

I hope we have a good energy level

Old
11-26-2011, 10:01 AM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post

Who should I believe??? So conflicted!
Et Tu Paradise

Old
11-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Bruin's fan here. I will be at the game tonight.

I am looking forward to seeing Stu and Wheels. Also like Sheriff Shane Hnidy...I don't know if he will be at the game but in case he is I will dig out my sheriff Shane badge.

I want the b's to win but wish you guys all the best when you are playing any other team.

11-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
There are some real cocky ****** on that Baaaaaaaston thread.
They're the defending SC champs and are 9-0-1 in their last 10. Dare I say they might have reason to be?

And it's Bahston . Love Boston, it's a beautiful city, really nice people there. Now let's make 'em cry!

Closed Thread