HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose 3-1

Old
11-26-2011, 09:27 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

vCash: 500
Totally different game if our garbage powerplay could've score just one f'ing goal while we were up 1-0, can't wait for Markov and Kostitsyn to come back.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I'm sorry by that third goal by Price was horrible. Such a lazy play. It cut the legs of the whole team after that.
Yeah. The team had such legs in that period, getting incredible chances on the powerplay and dominating the shots 5-19. We really played a great game,and if not for that lazy bum between the pipes, we were en route for a shining victory!!!

Souvenirs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:26 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

We can't win them all and we can't always give 100%.... get over it...

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:36 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
I agree, but never really understood why. these guys are elite athletes in tip top shape, i've played competitive sports my entire life and always gave 100%, a lot of the time it wasn't enough, but why should these guys take days/nights off? They not getting paid enough?

Coming out like they did yesterday was pathetic.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:00 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Totally different game if our garbage powerplay could've score just one f'ing goal while we were up 1-0, can't wait for Markov and Kostitsyn to come back.
How is he gonna help the PP? Shout encouragement from the bench.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:08 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I agree, but never really understood why. these guys are elite athletes in tip top shape, i've played competitive sports my entire life and always gave 100%, a lot of the time it wasn't enough, but why should these guys take days/nights off? They not getting paid enough?

Because they are humans, not robots.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

All about expectations. With the injuries in place (though even without the injuries but that remains to be seen), if you think that team is a top 3 team in the conference then okay....be frustrated about the game. But then you realize what we are and it's normal to win some and lose some. Normal that we look great one day, exceptionnally bad the other. That's the team we have. We'll reassess as the injured guys comes back. Mostly when the D's will come back.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post

The Flyers came out just as poorly. Of course, they then turned it on in the second and never looked back.

As bad as yesterday's performance was, I don't think effort is a problem with this team. It's a long season so you're bound to have off-nights in the 'effort' department. But this team takes less nights off than most Habs teams in the recent past.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:17 AM
guest1467

All I want for Christmas is a full healthy lineup.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
I can live with losing, just hate the ****** effort last night.

I can live with the Boston 1-0 loss, we outworked and outplayed them but their goalie stoned us. The NYI and Phillie losses were just about not being ready to play a 60 minute game. The whole team played like crap, Price made some nice saves but was asleep on at least one of the Giroux no angle ones. Cole Pacioretty Plekanec Cammy Weber DD all had one of their worst games.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:00 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I can live with losing, just hate the ****** effort last night.

I can live with the Boston 1-0 loss, we outworked and outplayed them but their goalie stoned us. The NYI and Phillie losses were just about not being ready to play a 60 minute game. The whole team played like crap, Price made some nice saves but was asleep on at least one of the Giroux no angle ones. Cole Pacioretty Plekanec Cammy Weber DD all had one of their worst games.
Talk about asleep. Our D forgot Claude Giroux. Claude ****ing Giroux. TWICE. You do not let him have easy looks on the net like that, especially not while your goalie is trying to find the puck after it goes behind the net.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Talk about asleep. Our D forgot Claude Giroux. Claude ****ing Giroux. TWICE. You do not let him have easy looks on the net like that, especially not while your goalie is trying to find the puck after it goes behind the net.
I think the next time they play the Flyers, a picture CG's face will be posted in the Hab locker room.

Giroux is about to overtake the scoring lead and the NHL world is taking notice.

Look what happened to Ovechkin and Stamkos once NHL teams began to seriously key in on them...

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:26 PM
habitue*

When will Martin finally remove Plekanec from the point and give Subban and Cole the PP time they deserve.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote