HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

[Shocker] WeŽll donŽt acquire Weber or Suter!! Other Options?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2011, 09:49 PM
  #1
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake
 
Ironmanrulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cologne, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
[Shocker] WeŽll donŽt acquire Weber or Suter!! Other Options?

I read everywhere on HF, that we must aquire Weber and/or Suter....

Imo its really unrealistic that we get one of the two. The whole league want the two and when it comes to Weber i bet he want to get paid big time (over 7.5) and Suter (over 7.0).

I canŽt see Homer throwing that much at them while Coburn, Meszaros, Timonen, Pronger and maybe Carle on the team.

Timonen and Pronger arenŽt tradeable due to their contracts and age.

Coburn just resigns.

The only two like mention in the official trade thread are Mesz and Carle. If we donŽt resign Carle and trade Mesz we have 8.0 to spend on 2 new Dman.

Pronger - ?
Timonen - Coburn
Gustaffson - ?
Lilja

I canŽt think we throw 8.0 at one Dplayer.

So why donŽt use Mesz and the two 2nd round pick to aquire a really good dman out of another team: Keith Yandle (if he wants out of Pho due to all the rumours of selling the franchise and never will have to make a deep run in the playoffs), Zach Bogosian (former early first rounder with a lot of upside)

Or should we sign one of the possible UFAŽs or RFAŽs

Corvo (ufa), Allen(ufa), Sarich (ufa), Souray (ufa), B. Stuart (ufa),

And use Meszaros and the lower picks to trade up in the draft and do something like the Devils have done in the last draft. Drafting an NHL ready Dman to give him a regular role with the big club!! IMO i have one really good talent and prospect (top5 pick) than 1x top 25 and 2x 40 - 65 Picks....


IŽam not sure what is the better way.

But iŽam sure we donŽt get Weber or Suter!!

thoughts???

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:55 PM
  #2
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
MAB for 6th possibly
I believe Meszaros will be around still. Dont forget, last year he was our best defender..
For the other spot, there could be Josh Gorges, Johnny Boychuk, Gleason, Wideman, Jonny Oduya, Randy Jones , F Beauchmin, possibly for a shorter contract Brad Stuart

Edit : Didn't have RFA checked.. Good list of RFA... Hedman, Quincey, Johnson, Goligoski, Kulikov, Karlsson, Blum, Subban, McBain,

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:12 PM
  #3
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake
 
Ironmanrulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cologne, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post

Edit : Didn't have RFA checked.. Good list of RFA... Hedman, Quincey, Johnson, Goligoski, Kulikov, Karlsson, Blum, Subban, McBain,
I would really like some of the guys on this list. But how realistic is it that one of them leave their franchises? I doubt it... If possible we must trade for their rights! Meszaros and 2 2nd rounder for Hedman?

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:35 PM
  #4
flyersfan018
Registered User
 
flyersfan018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,096
vCash: 50
I really like Josh Gorges from Montreal but I'm thinking they will re-sign him.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:35 PM
  #5
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmanrulez View Post
I would really like some of the guys on this list. But how realistic is it that one of them leave their franchises? I doubt it... If possible we must trade for their rights! Meszaros and 2 2nd rounder for Hedman?


Meszaros and 2 2nds for Hedman is even more ridiculous than the trades you were complaining about on the main board.

Seriously... you think Mesz and 2 2nds gets you Hedman?!?

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:03 PM
  #6
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
To add to the discussion.. Heres a list of UFA for 2013 that i like
Enstrom, Babchuk, Smid, Vlasic, Ian White, Ryan Whitney, Douglas Murray, Regehr, Leopold


Heres a list of RFA
Bogosian, Pietrangelo, OEL, Rundblad, Gunnarsson, Russell, Alzner, Yannick Weber, Shattenkirk, Teubert, Hamonic, Leddy, Fowler

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:24 AM
  #7
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,684
vCash: 50
if we have any shot at Suter we are going to have to trade for his rights. too many teams with more cap space will be abke to offer more money then us.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:38 AM
  #8
Claude28Giroux
praiseG
 
Claude28Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lewiston, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,533
vCash: 500
Clone pronger and kimmo.

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:44 AM
  #9
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,841
vCash: 500
I don't think Weber or Suter will cost over 7 million... I would say close to that on a long term deal for Weber something very similar to Chara deal(Thats not 7 million!). Suter will get probably something close to 6 on a shorter deal or a duncan Keith type deal if he signs long term

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:41 AM
  #10
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
i think that weber and suter are the types of players that, if you have the opportunity to acquire them, you do what you need to do to fit them in. i don't think suter will get over 7, especially if you trade for his rights, and weber will probably get a similar deal to chara, with a 6.5-7.5 cap hit on a long term deal. i don't think that nashville will be able to resign both of them, regardless of the smoke and mirrors they've been using to convince people they will be able to, and i actually think suter will be the one let go, considering weber still has RFA status.

considering the cap will likely rise again, and a number that's been rumored to be in the ballpark is about 67 million, we could trade bobrovsky for picks, let carle walk and trade voracek for suter's rights, as voracek is still an RFA after this season, and we'd be looking at something like...


FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jaromir Jagr ($2.750m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m)
Andreas Nodl ($0.845m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Andreas Lilja ($0.737m)
Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.666m) / Niko Hovinen ($0.950m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $67,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,733,373; BONUSES: $2,805,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $266,627

this would depend on if jagr resigns for a slightly lesser contract, of course.
also, im not really sure how Schenn's cap hit works for next season...

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 05:21 AM
  #11
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
You want to trade an RFA voracek for a UFA suter.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 07:08 AM
  #12
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,013
vCash: 500
Still trying to figure out what the title of this thread is saying

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:01 AM
  #13
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,823
vCash: 500
I think the most likely thing for the Flyers to due is to wait until 2013 offseason to sign the big ticket free agent, Enstom to replace Kimmo. The Flyers will have to move a top 9 forward this year if they want to sign Jagr again. There is just no place for Courturier and Schenn in the top 9 with Jagr back in the lineup. So you package up a forward with the 1st and maybe a little more to move up in the draft a take one of the better defenseman, like Cody Ceci or Olli Maatta. I would love to get Trouba but the Flyers don't have enough to move from the twenties into the top ten without giving up Schenn or Courturier. I think they could get into the midteens with a package of a 1st, Hartnell, and maybe the Kings second rd pick (if Florida gives us their this year) or Wellwood/Nodl.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:14 AM
  #14
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
You want to trade an RFA voracek for a UFA suter.
if it would beat out the other 29 teams interested in acquiring his rights, yes.

100%, every day of the week.

and then try and integrate one of couturier or schenn to the wing.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:17 AM
  #15
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I think the most likely thing for the Flyers to due is to wait until 2013 offseason to sign the big ticket free agent, Enstom to replace Kimmo. The Flyers will have to move a top 9 forward this year if they want to sign Jagr again. There is just no place for Courturier and Schenn in the top 9 with Jagr back in the lineup. So you package up a forward with the 1st and maybe a little more to move up in the draft a take one of the better defenseman, like Cody Ceci or Olli Maatta. I would love to get Trouba but the Flyers don't have enough to move from the twenties into the top ten without giving up Schenn or Courturier. I think they could get into the midteens with a package of a 1st, Hartnell, and maybe the Kings second rd pick (if Florida gives us their this year) or Wellwood/Nodl.
no way the flyers trade hartnell. he's extremely important to this team, regardless if people want to admit it or not. if hartnell is traded, what size and grit do we have in the top 6? the toothpick wayne "i try to hold onto the puck too long before i realize i'm not giroux as an odd-man rush goes the other way" simmonds?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:41 AM
  #16
Snotbubbles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
i think that weber and suter are the types of players that, if you have the opportunity to acquire them, you do what you need to do to fit them in. i don't think suter will get over 7, especially if you trade for his rights, and weber will probably get a similar deal to chara, with a 6.5-7.5 cap hit on a long term deal. i don't think that nashville will be able to resign both of them, regardless of the smoke and mirrors they've been using to convince people they will be able to, and i actually think suter will be the one let go, considering weber still has RFA status.

considering the cap will likely rise again, and a number that's been rumored to be in the ballpark is about 67 million, we could trade bobrovsky for picks, let carle walk and trade voracek for suter's rights, as voracek is still an RFA after this season, and we'd be looking at something like...


FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jaromir Jagr ($2.750m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m)
Andreas Nodl ($0.845m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Andreas Lilja ($0.737m)
Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.666m) / Niko Hovinen ($0.950m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $67,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,733,373; BONUSES: $2,805,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $266,627

this would depend on if jagr resigns for a slightly lesser contract, of course.
also, im not really sure how Schenn's cap hit works for next season...
I believe, once they have a CBA in place you can push the bonuses into the next season and you don't have to include them in the current year.

So Bobrovsky would only count 900k, Couturier 925K, Schenn ~900k.

EDIT: I kind of get the sense that some of the moves they made this offseason were made with next offseason in mind. Also don't think Jagr will come back for less money. If anything, more teams will be interested since he's shown that he can still do it in the NHL.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:43 AM
  #17
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,823
vCash: 500
Hartnell is important. I actually want him to stay with the Flyers but that who would you get rid of in the top 9 if you bring back Jagr? Simmonds is only 23 and signed to a good contract next year. Voracek is 22 and starting to produce as a flyer. I thought he might be a good choice but his game has picked up as of late. To me, it's a cap issue. Hartnell is in his 30's while every one else who could be moved are 25 or younger with smaller cap hits. Would you rather move Briere? Or just not sign Jagr next year? Or third option is keep Couturier on the 4th line next year.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:34 PM
  #18
flyersfan018
Registered User
 
flyersfan018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,096
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
i think that weber and suter are the types of players that, if you have the opportunity to acquire them, you do what you need to do to fit them in. i don't think suter will get over 7, especially if you trade for his rights, and weber will probably get a similar deal to chara, with a 6.5-7.5 cap hit on a long term deal. i don't think that nashville will be able to resign both of them, regardless of the smoke and mirrors they've been using to convince people they will be able to, and i actually think suter will be the one let go, considering weber still has RFA status.

considering the cap will likely rise again, and a number that's been rumored to be in the ballpark is about 67 million, we could trade bobrovsky for picks, let carle walk and trade voracek for suter's rights, as voracek is still an RFA after this season, and we'd be looking at something like...


FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jaromir Jagr ($2.750m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m)
Andreas Nodl ($0.845m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Andreas Lilja ($0.737m)
Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.666m) / Niko Hovinen ($0.950m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $67,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,733,373; BONUSES: $2,805,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $266,627

this would depend on if jagr resigns for a slightly lesser contract, of course.
also, im not really sure how Schenn's cap hit works for next season...
I don't want Suter for $7M.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 02:53 PM
  #19
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
I don't want Suter for $7M.
Care to explain why?
If you can find a way to afford one of the best defensemen in the league, why wouldn't you?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 02:57 PM
  #20
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,288
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Care to explain why?
If you can find a way to afford one of the best defensemen in the league, why wouldn't you?
cause he isnt a $7m defenseman?

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:12 PM
  #21
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
if it would beat out the other 29 teams interested in acquiring his rights, yes.

100%, every day of the week.

and then try and integrate one of couturier or schenn to the wing.
Yeah right ok. I'll just leave you alone, since I don't think I can argue with that................

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:17 PM
  #22
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
no way the flyers trade hartnell. he's extremely important to this team, regardless if people want to admit it or not. if hartnell is traded, what size and grit do we have in the top 6? the toothpick wayne "i try to hold onto the puck too long before i realize i'm not giroux as an odd-man rush goes the other way" simmonds?
I like your nickname for Simmonds.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:39 PM
  #23
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
cause he isnt a $7m defenseman?
He isn't? If Ryan suter isn't deserving of a contract of that magnitude, then id really love to hear who is. You've obviously not seen him play too often.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:40 PM
  #24
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Yeah right ok. I'll just leave you alone, since I don't think I can argue with that................
You'd rather have voracek than suter?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:41 PM
  #25
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
cause he isnt a $7m defenseman?
Id suggest watching some hockey

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.