HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Retro Jerseys

Old
11-23-2011, 10:59 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

vCash: 500
Thats the worst quality knockoff ever.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:00 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan44 View Post
A Chevette is still a "Vette". Its the extra effort, time and money put in to make it a Corvette that impresses.
My Senators jersey collection is at 21 now and has taken many years to get there. Everyone can own a jersey, even at the price that they sell for in stores. It becomes a matter of priorities this way. If you just save your money and cut back on non necessities (ie Starbucks, movie tickets etc) to buy a jersey or personalized jersey then it really shows the dedication and desire from said fan.........or that you have a really good paying job
side note: I am currently looking into purchasing a Colin Greening #17 Nanaimo Clippers BCHL jersey. Also still looking for a black Bonk #76.
I've got one of those... pro to boot. Not selling it or anything, just letting you know it feels good, man. You'll like yours when you find it.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:16 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Saying you have a pro black bonk and how good it feels sounds soooo dirty

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 05:57 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Let's just change the sweaters every year. Or better yet let's have a different sweater for each game.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 10:24 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
I've got one of those... pro to boot. Not selling it or anything, just letting you know it feels good, man. You'll like yours when you find it.
Sweet!!! I saw a #9 Daigle on Ebay not too long ago and almost bought it. My Bonk 14 'A' SCF jersey is to my liking but just doesnt capture the full on Mullet Power of the 76. Im trying to build my collection of the past since I wasnt old enough to buy jerseys back then (31 yrs old now) For Christmas I might take my brand new black first year style and get it done up with Marsh 14 Anyone else have any retro oddball jerseys out there? Maybe a Turgeon or Weeks. I'd love to get a Beaupre or Billington too.

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Alaskimo
Pesky Pesky...

Had some free time and was bored... whaddya think of these?
Attached Images
File Type: png SensJersey4.png‎ (81.0 KB, 17 views)

Alaskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Xodius

The piping down the sides seem unnecessary in my opinion.

Xodius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Alaskimo
Pesky Pesky...

Yeah, Playing around, trying to find something to add... something (Reebok) Edge-y
Any suggestions? Also Any ideas on what kind of shoulders they should have??

Last edited by Alaskimo: 11-25-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old
11-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskimo View Post
I would actually love to see bingo in those. shows respect to the big show yet gives their own spin. Bingo just needs a new logo.

Old
11-25-2011, 05:45 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskimo View Post
I kinda like these (for a Reebok style robot jersey
I would like to see the new 2D logo on the front though. And maybe different numbers and font.

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:51 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan44 View Post
I kinda like these (for a Reebok style robot jersey
I would like to see the new 2D logo on the front though. And maybe different numbers and font.
Ugh, not me.

The "new" 2d Sens logo is EASILY my least favorite logo in the history of the team. Worse than the SNES logo, worse than the expansion-bid-era "Ottawa-Peace-Tower" logo.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:56 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
On another note, this guy is selling some fake NHL jersey:

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-se...AdIdZ332380051
Hideous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hman View Post
Some guy at a bar was telling me that he does this regularly. Buys Chinese knockoffs and resells them at a higher price to people who can't tell the difference. Not only is it awful because it screws people over, but it also floods SBP with fake jerseys. I swear most of the jerseys people wear there seem to be fake now and I'm wondering if they even realize they bought a knockoff.
Re: the first part, that guy's a dick. The last sentence is so true though. My roommate got asked if he wanted a cheap Leafs jersey, he was so excited about it, wouldn't believe me when I said it'd be a Chinese knockoff. Sure enough, he gets it and it's a knockoff. I chirped him so hard about it, but he still wears it. The best part is that he's the type of guy who won't illegally download music or do things like that because it's not ethical, he'd rather support a legit business. He got one for his sister too, dunno if she knows it's a fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
More reason why NHL should lower their prices. People tend to like things for cheap...so these knockoffs are good for those who are not diehards or simply can't afford one at the current price.

If the NHL came out with a cheaper version or lowered their current prices, I'm sure a lot more people wouldn't mind spending another $40-60 bucks to get a legitimate one.

But this topic has been stressed plenty over the last few years and nothing changes, so just got to deal with it.
Pretty much all of this I agree with. I know a lot of die hard fans who don't care because they'd rather save the money anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post
Knockoff jerseys are made in sweatshops by women and children who basically are modern era slaves. Not to get all preachy, but there are no controls over basic workers' rights, safety, fair pay, etc. Applaud yourself for getting a cheap jersey, but also accept that some kid, working in inhumane and possibly brutal conditions worked on it.

That being said, the prices that the NHL is asking for an authentic jersey are totally obscene and this in part fuels the existence of these sweatshops.
Yup. Caught between Reebok's overpriced crap or cheap sweatshop knockoffs.

11-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Alaskimo
Pesky Pesky...

Double post

Old
11-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Alaskimo
Pesky Pesky...

Realized the ones on the right were backwards lol, fixed that, took out the piping for now, until (read as: if) I can think of something. Also one with the 2D logo, I like the 3D more tho.

Old
11-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

I like the second option. looks sexy.

well done

Old
11-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
Let's just change the sweaters every year. Or better yet let's have a different sweater for each game.
Nobody is going to make fun of you for wearing an out of date jersey. For example, I have the new black Olympiques jersey, but my wife still wears last year's orange jersey. You still see lots of orange and purple around the Bob, you even see some old Hull Olympiques jerseys around (they make me jealous). The same thing is true of NHL arenas.

What people object to, is people who knowingly support criminal and massively unethical businesses, just to save a buck. Those jerseys don't even look right, but that's beside the point.

Taoiseach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Alaskimo
Pesky Pesky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoiseach View Post
Nobody is going to make fun of you for wearing an out of date jersey. For example, I have the new black Olympiques jersey, but my wife still wears last year's orange jersey. You still see lots of orange and purple around the Bob, you even see some old Hull Olympiques jerseys around (they make me jealous). The same thing is true of NHL arenas.

What people object to, is people who knowingly support criminal and massively unethical businesses, just to save a buck. Those jerseys don't even look right, but that's beside the point.
I think you misunderstood him, He's making fun of the constant "Let's have this as a jersey" or "Switch to these jerseys" thread that pop up often enough.