HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers are dead last in Shots on Goal so far

Old
11-23-2011, 11:53 AM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
NYR last 4 seasons

Season Record Shots/Game rank Pts Rank overall
07-08 42-27-13 3rd 9th
08-09 43-30-9 7th 12th
09-10 38-33-11 19th 21st
10-11 44-3-5 19th 18th
Damn that 10-11 team was 44-3-5, damn they were good.

Look at the stat from last year, this is essentially the same team but with Richards. I think they improve. But it has really been worrisome. If they don't improve I see them falling off.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:03 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Damn that 10-11 team was 44-3-5, damn they were good.

Look at the stat from last year, this is essentially the same team but with Richards. I think they improve. But it has really been worrisome. If they don't improve I see them falling off.
Damn sausage fingers

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 08:48 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Horrendous effort in this regard tonight.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:19 PM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

We're What The Spaniards Call 'El Terrible'...

McSauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:21 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Our entries into the offensive zone are entirely too predictable. Three forwards across and all three just skate straight ahead. There needs to be a lot more of what Gaborik did on the Stepan goal, more guys cutting across the middle. This is the NHL, every team can defend what they know is coming.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:35 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
I just have a really bad feeling that teams are going to watch tapes of that game and find out an easy way to beat the Rangers. I'm thinking a losing streak is coming.

I hope I'm wrong.
Please be wrong... please be wrong...

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
When we start beating teams other than the bottom feeders that have been on our schedule thus far, I'll be impressed.
Impressed yet?

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Impressed yet?
Beat me to it. Was just coming here to post the same thing however I am sure there will be some excuse as to why the Rangers still suck in his opinion.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:41 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
Lack

Of

Dinosaurs
NEED MOAR DINOSAURZ

OH HAY GUISE

OH CRAPSHAITH, NOT A DINOSAUR...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Do you think for a second that I give a **** if you think I'm not a Rangers fan? Just because I'm not blinded by loyality to the team and organization the way a lot of the fans who post on this forum are doesn't mean that I don't support them unconditionally. I merely stated a fact due to a quirk in the schedule, we haven't played any of the upper echelon teams in the east as of yet and so I'll reserve my judgement of the team's success until we play and have success against the teams that I mentioned in my post. As far as Marc Staal is concerned, I've said it hundreds of times on these boards that he is a very good defensive defenseman but he is NOT a #1 d-man in any way. He would be on the 2nd pairing on half the teams in the league.
Being unconditionally loyal and blind to pessimism doesn't make you a true Ranger fan. However, your logic is beyond any understanding at all when it comes to this team.

While I understand the point you're trying to make, the way you go about doing so is madness. The Rangers are a good team, not an elite one. They can beat the elite teams (see the last 2 games) but could end up not showing up at all (see the previous 2 games) and that's why they're not an elite team... consistency. Their offense still struggles to generate shots, and Eminger and Woywitka (who are both playing way more minutes than they can actually handle) are nothing more than borderline 6th defenders.

However, Staal is a true #1 defenseman in this league, like it or not. The guy is starting to put up points (after being held back by Tom Renney) while playing 25-30 minutes a game of shutdown hockey against the league's best forwards. However, what he is not, is an ELITE #1 defenseman, like a Lidstrom, Doughty, Weber, Keith, or Chara. Those are the standard of the game. They are the measuring stick. Staal is a good step below them, being that he doesn't have the offensive skills to hang with those guys.

However, I do understand where your mindset with the team comes from. You're a bit more of a realist than some on here. Which I'll give credit for, but you make me look like I took happy pills in terms of how cynical you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
In order to support a team unconditionally you actually have to support them to begin with and that was all I was saying. Not to mention every single post reeks of arrogance which makes it hard to engage in a conversation which is one of the main reasons why we all come here.

As far as Staal is concerned you make vague posts with tons of opinion and have no facts to back them up, see the ending of the Staal thread.
He makes me look like I'm Mr. Rogers in terms of cynicism.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
NEED MOAR DINOSAURZ

OH HAY GUISE

OH CRAPSHAITH, NOT A DINOSAUR...?

Being unconditionally loyal and blind to pessimism doesn't make you a true Ranger fan. However, your logic is beyond any understanding at all when it comes to this team.

While I understand the point you're trying to make, the way you go about doing so is madness. The Rangers are a good team, not an elite one. They can beat the elite teams (see the last 2 games) but could end up not showing up at all (see the previous 2 games) and that's why they're not an elite team... consistency. Their offense still struggles to generate shots, and Eminger and Woywitka (who are both playing way more minutes than they can actually handle) are nothing more than borderline 6th defenders.

However, Staal is a true #1 defenseman in this league, like it or not. The guy is starting to put up points (after being held back by Tom Renney) while playing 25-30 minutes a game of shutdown hockey against the league's best forwards. However, what he is not, is an ELITE #1 defenseman, like a Lidstrom, Doughty, Weber, Keith, or Chara. Those are the standard of the game. They are the measuring stick. Staal is a good step below them, being that he doesn't have the offensive skills to hang with those guys.

However, I do understand where your mindset with the team comes from. You're a bit more of a realist than some on here. Which I'll give credit for, but you make me look like I took happy pills in terms of how cynical you are.

He makes me look like I'm Mr. Rogers in terms of cynicism.
No argument there. But again, I have my doubts he is actually a Rangers fan.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Vitto79

i assume its so early that the last two games helped ?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
i assume its so early that the last two games helped ?
still ranked dead last, but they are closing the gap.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote