HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#22 - 11.26.11 - New York Islanders @ New Jersey Devils 1 PM ET

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2011, 05:30 PM
CerebralGenesis

vCash: 500
I agree Zajac is a big part of the team and before the year I was hoping to be right around the 8 spot without Zajac and be solidly in 6th or 7th at the end of the year.

The team's play is not inspiring confidence though, they still roll 3 lines mostly and the 3rd line hasn't been holding the team back by any means. They need to utilize Parise and Kovy. Zajac might get one going but certainly not both. Zajac won't prevent Kovy's gaffe and won't make Parise actually have a good dump in instead of a weak pass. These mistakes are bad and can't happen. We've honestly looked poor the last few weeks, is it a slump? I hope so but it's beginning to look like our standard play.

Old
11-26-2011, 05:30 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

I still love Kovalchuk and will always wear my Kovy jersey proudly.

Old
11-26-2011, 05:32 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
He can still get lost.
Pathetic DF Kovy's play today was pathetic and so are the stupid comments being made here today.

Old
11-26-2011, 05:40 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

No one here can deny that he was having a great game, for the first two periods. He set up two goals, and was hustling a fair amount.

His error, in my opinion, is unforgivable simply because he lazily carries the puck up ice, regardless of whether or not there is a player on his heels. With the way he plays, this was bound to happen. And that has to be corrected.

Hopefully this can be a good period of character-building for Kovy.

Old
11-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
"Deliberately"

See, I thought it was an iffy call before I read this. The word deliberately there completely makes this the WRONG call.
I only saw the replay but from what I saw, Parise whacked the goalie's pads with his stick twice, and then kicked the puck in. I don't see a good goal in any of that.

Old
11-26-2011, 05:48 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
I only saw the replay but from what I saw, Parise whacked the goalie's pads with his stick twice, and then kicked the puck in. I don't see a good goal in any of that.
lulz

Old
11-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
I'm not one of those "i know more than the coach" guys, but how can PD sit back and watch that first line and think it works? It honestly makes me question him a little bit.

Two things that we know:

1)Kovy does not work at RW thus it's time to stop putting him there. End it. enough.

2) Kovy needs to be on the half boards on the PP. Enough with the point crap.
He should separate Kovy/Parise and Salvador/Volchenkov as well

You can thank Greene for creating that second goal for the Isles, there was nobody behind the net and he blind passed it back, Rolston picked it up threw it to the middle and boom, goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
What he said: Elias: “It shouldn’t come down to the last five seconds of the game.
He's exactly right.

No one call is going to decide the game, we played poorly for the most part and failed on 36 opportunities previously.....yea it sucks what transpired at the end, but that's where Patty's quote explains it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
Pathetic DF Kovy's play today was pathetic and so are the stupid comments being made here today.
I may be in the minority here, but I'm not even mad at him

**** happens, it just sucks that the guy who is supposed to be putting up big numbers for us happens to be in a bit of a slump and then causes a big turnover which led to the game winning goal

I'm not worried with him, we know what he's capable of when he gets rolling......this was his rock bottom, much like the flubbed SO for him last season

Old
11-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

This is close to the Buffalo shoutout fail low point of last season. Things couldn't get much worse. And then two months later everyone here was on his dick. I'm not worried about him or the team. 12-9-1 without Zajac for all of it, Yayo for most of it, and Kovy for some of it, is good. It's one game out of many and there'll be ups and downs. Don't waste your time hating on the guy mainly because he signed a 100 mil contract. Jealousy is the ugliest human trait. Let it go and be ready to cheer on the team on Wednesday.

Closed Thread