HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Erie Otters 2011-2012 Season Thread

Old
11-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Smashhouse92

vCash: 500
Feel bad for you guys. You go pick up Teichmann and he is 0-12, Sadikov is 2-5 i mean you guys have a good/So so team for 2-4 years then you are at the bottom

Smashhouse92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashhouse92 View Post
Feel bad for you guys. You go pick up Teichmann and he is 0-12, Sadikov is 2-5 i mean you guys have a good/So so team for 2-4 years then you are at the bottom
I know what you mean by feeling bad for the fans.....but the ones I feel bad for are the players like Teichmann who's basically seeing any remote chance of a career being flushed down the drain by Bassin.

Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:20 AM
hockeye

This is embarrassing

Out-shot tonight 40-12..ON HOME ICE
Lost 7-2

3-22 for 6 points and a win percentage of .120
Goals For- 59/ GA- 129

This is honestly weak and embarrassing..if anything play for your draft year or your future careers

How bout this stat..McKegg 24 points..-27 on the year
Conner Brown -35
Cook -28
Holden -30 (some leader)

F-ing Fester gets traded ...and guess what he is a beast for the Icedogs..Can honestly say didnt see that coming..NOT

hockeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:21 AM
hockeye

stupid a** Branch suspends McGuire a couple games back for 8 games and I didnt see much of anything..yet his old buddy Mr. Hunter from London avoids his player Rupert being suspended for more than McGuire??? Ridiculous

Just shows even if we are good, Branch doesnt want as to be...maybe there should be a rule...you MUST report to your OHL team that drafts you or you cant play in the OHL and if you say you are going to college...you go ...dont just wait for London to draft you in the 7th round. Pathetic!

Until that London will always cheat and find a way

So NO nobody knows how it feels to be a Erie fan unless you are one...Its the worst

Old
11-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Smashhouse92

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieWatcher View Post
stupid a** Branch suspends McGuire a couple games back for 8 games and I didnt see much of anything..yet his old buddy Mr. Hunter from London avoids his player Rupert being suspended for more than McGuire??? Ridiculous

Just shows even if we are good, Branch doesnt want as to be...maybe there should be a rule...you MUST report to your OHL team that drafts you or you cant play in the OHL and if you say you are going to college...you go ...dont just wait for London to draft you in the 7th round. Pathetic!

Until that London will always cheat and find a way

So NO nobody knows how it feels to be a Erie fan unless you are one...Its the worst
I dont disagree with you but windsor had it pretty bad before we got new guys who knew about HOCKEY running the team, all you guys need is someone who knows what they are doing with hockey. Windsor could never get players to come now we have tons of players wanting to come even if its a try out

Old
11-27-2011, 01:53 AM
Smashhouse92

so basically im going to guess McKegg stays as the Leafs want him and Olden to play together? i mean they could get a lot for him if he goes to the right team

Old
11-27-2011, 02:01 AM
Smashhouse92

you guys could start your rebuild right now buy trading McKegg you could get a few decent prospect maybe try and trade one of Cazzola,Cook,Holden so Sadikov can at least play and get some wins for your team. maybe even trade Olden with McKegg if the team is willing to do that but im not an Otters fan but am a leafs fan and think McKegg should get out of Erie right away i mean loosing every night is not good for your development if your getting blown out almost every game

Old
11-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Libbs

Don't look to blame others for your teams missfourtune. The Otters are a mess and there is only one person to blame: Bassin. If you want to attract top talent, management needs to build a consistent winner.

I can understand your frustration, but direct it at the right person.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:51 PM
fanner

Is Cairns a player or no? Gonna get drafted? Seen him look awesome and look indifferent...thoughts?

fanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:12 PM
hockeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanner View Post
Is Cairns a player or no? Gonna get drafted? Seen him look awesome and look indifferent...thoughts?
Personally I dont think he has a chance. He is very inconsistent and doesnt seem to be making any improvements in his game, add that to the fact that he is a small guy and is -32 in 82 games in his career with just 28 points (11 goals, 17 assists).

Old
11-30-2011, 12:17 AM
MonsterSurge

New fan here. Just started following Junior Hockey and Erie is the closest. I hope to make it up to the game against Sarnia on the 17th!

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Smashhouse92

Ok why was Sadikov the only Goalie on the game sheet against Niagra? Did they not bring Teichmann or Williams? did the goalie they bring get sick and could not call up a goalie?

Old
12-02-2011, 12:03 AM
hockeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashhouse92 View Post
Ok why was Sadikov the only Goalie on the game sheet against Niagra? Did they not bring Teichmann or Williams? did the goalie they bring get sick and could not call up a goalie?
How about the real question is why is this team not trading Mckegg and compnay? Ridiculous! This just sums you up Bassin. He is probably saying "we got a chance to fix this when everyone gets healthy"
Get over your ego Bassin this team sucks..Ftorek is no better and you should fire him because clearly the players dont care

you honestly suck Bassin

Old
12-26-2011, 04:39 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieWatcher View Post
How about the real question is why is this team not trading Mckegg and compnay? Ridiculous! This just sums you up Bassin. He is probably saying "we got a chance to fix this when everyone gets healthy"
Get over your ego Bassin this team sucks..Ftorek is no better and you should fire him because clearly the players dont care

you honestly suck Bassin
I agreed that the team is a mess.
I follow Olden,and can`t understand that playing for a team who just loose,can be good for his development?
But I thought McKegg was a great player?
Why would it help the team if you trade him?

That said,I want him and Olden to play for another team.

Do you think Olden can play in the AHL next year,or do he nead another season in the juniors?

Sorry for the weak english.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:26 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

I'll be making a swing through Western NY/PA in March and planning to make Erie one of the stops and it will be my first junior game. Does anyone think the Otters will have hit double digits in wins by then? Ugly record to say the least.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Trap Jesus

I saw in the box score that the Otters had to put a center in net 2 minutes into the game (I'm assuming the starter got injured) and he proceeded to let in 13 goals. How does that happen at this level? I assume they had other injuries between the pipes, but could they not get a legit goalie to be a back-up?

Trap Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 05:21 PM
ThankYouBasedGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
I saw in the box score that the Otters had to put a center in net 2 minutes into the game (I'm assuming the starter got injured) and he proceeded to let in 13 goals. How does that happen at this level? I assume they had other injuries between the pipes, but could they not get a legit goalie to be a back-up?
They are not allowed to call up any of their drafted/affiliated goalies if they are participating in the play-offs with their midget teams, which was the case here.

ThankYouBasedGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Evil Doctor
Army Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
Sounds like he did okay, considering. I think he made 33 saves...

Evil Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:44 PM
ckg927

vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeAtMeBro View Post
They are not allowed to call up any of their drafted/affiliated goalies if they are participating in the play-offs with their midget teams, which was the case here.
I'm sorry, but Bassin should have had a back-up plan. Do you honestly mean to tell me that he couldn't have found an emergency backup ANYWHERE? Even back in Erie?

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Evil Doctor
Army Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
I'm sorry, but Bassin should have had a back-up plan. Do you honestly mean to tell me that he couldn't have found an emergency backup ANYWHERE? Even back in Erie?
I don't think it would have made a difference to the final score. Who ever it was that played goal clearly played his heart out to be named the games first star. This is like something from a hundred years ago, take some pride in this, this is the stuff of legends...

Evil Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:40 AM
SaskaToba

vCash: 848
I actually got to watch the full game on Cogeco. It was unbelievable to watch that at the junior level. I have to give props to Connor Crisp for making the saves he did. It reminded me of myself trying to play goal in senior hockey last winter for the first time since I was in Novice, I can't imagine it in the OHL!

Sportsnet Story here

via Jeff Marek ‏ @JeffMarek

Quote:

Statement from Erie GM Sherwood Bassin:

"Late last night our backup goaltender failed a concussion test. I looked at our alternatives; one of our goaltenders was playing in the Ontario Junior C Championships, the other in the Midget Ontario Championships.I studied our alternatives based on the 2000 or so games I've been involved in. This turned out to be a bad decision. I accept full responsibility and apologize publicly for the embarrassment to the league and the sport of hockey that I love.I have deep respect for our league and sport."

SaskaToba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 06:03 AM
ckg927

vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Doctor View Post
I don't think it would have made a difference to the final score. Who ever it was that played goal clearly played his heart out to be named the games first star. This is like something from a hundred years ago, take some pride in this, this is the stuff of legends...
Maybe not, Evil D...but even so, Erie should NEVER have been put in that position. If you knew the night before that your backup failed a concussion test...and that the other 2 goalies were in playoffs on lower levels...you'd have had some other backup plan in place.

For the record, I agree with the rest of your post.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Racer14
Always Watching

Barrie had this same issue 2 weeks ago and they signed a kid that was undrafted out of the Junior A loop....Sherri wasn't thinking....thats for sure.

Racer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Spitzman

You have to understand that most teams have a limited number of goalies in the system. As well, the rule remains that if a player signs a contract, or plays even one shift in the OHL, then they lose their eligilibility for any NCAA aspirations. Erie owns the rights to Hunter Johnson, whose team (Jr. B Chatham Maroons) failed to make the playoffs and are now done. All things aside, it would have been no problem getting him to fill in, but I am sure he has no interest in losing his eligilibility over one game, with no real promise of anything else. Young goalies would be very short-sighted to do such a thing, knowing that the organization has no plans to use them in the future.

Spitzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 10:40 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
On short notice, on the road, at this time of year? It's not so simple. They'd have to find someone available who is 16 to 19 years old, not playing for his current team, not planning on playing at a U.S. college, and who can play net.

Needle, meet haystack.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote