HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Hall With Left Shoulder Injury [UPDATE: Cleared For Contact]

Old
11-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Beerfish

vCash: 500
Why so upset now, this was 100% inevitable. Renny handles the protection situation just like MacT did, which is do nothing to prevent it and do nothing after the fact.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Alex87

Yeah, what this team needs is a Todd Bertuzzi.

Alex87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Eirhead*

The coach has nothing to do with it. The players who are on the ice THROW THEIR GLOVES INTO THE CROWD, and MUG the ******* before he get's a chance to run the **** away.

Eirhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:51 PM
t0nedeff

vCash: 562
Is there even people still wondering why guys like Hemsky are continually hurt? Teams see that nobody in the lineup is going to do anything if something like this happens so what exactly is the deterring factor again?

t0nedeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
YAKUGOD
BELIEVE.

agreed. stick up for your damn teammates.

YAKUGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
BS..... Should we pussify him to prevent injury? This isn't figure skating, this is how Hall has always played and it is what has made him successful. You can't just tell a kid who plays a balls out 100% of the time style to tone it down and take it easy on the ice, that's plain stupid. Hall just has to learn how to pick his spots better, that's all. His style of play is fine.
Eh? You call the guy on bull and you proceed to say he has to pick his spots better, in otherwords you just agreed with the poster who said he has to change his game. Which is it?

Old
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
That's stupid. Getting a suspension doesn't help this team at all.

Pulling a Todd Bertuzzi makes your team look stupid and foolish.

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Oi'll say!

I missed it, and I don't have the game on my pvr. I assume that I'll be able to see the replay on spdesk but in the meantime, was it a really dirty hit or just a big clean hit?

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:53 PM
mooseman7

Before we assume its his shoulder ,I am thinking its his elbow or perhaps his upper arm that slammed into the dasher board.If his shoulder was in any way hurt in the first collision,there is no way they would let there franchise player back in the game.Also I thought that the ref was asking Hordichuk,about Hall at the bench to start the second and I read his lips saying Elbow.Lets just wait and see.And pray!!!!!

mooseman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
the word*

I don't think it was his shoulder. Looked to me like he hyperextended his arm. Elbow hyperextension.

the word* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
YAKUGOD
BELIEVE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
That's stupid. Getting a suspension doesn't help this team at all.

Pulling a Todd Bertuzzi makes your team look stupid and foolish.

and doing nothing makes you look just as stupid as well.

im not saying you should bertuzzi or anyone or anything but for god sakes youre a team.

YAKUGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrV View Post
The coach has nothing to do with it. The players who are on the ice THROW THEIR GLOVES INTO THE CROWD, and MUG the ******* before he get's a chance to run the **** away.
lol, the coach has everything to do with it.

As don cherry pointed out tonight if your team is made up of non aggresive young guys do you expect them to jump in right now? Most of our vets are non fighters (Smyth) or very soft (Horcoff). You expect eberle and rnh to pick a fight?

This past off season we went out and got hordichuk and eager to play the lower lines and protect. Hordichuk tried to stir it up with wilson at least.

Old
11-26-2011, 09:55 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MuchGravy View Post
and doing nothing makes you look just as stupid as well.

im not saying you should bertuzzi or anyone or anything but for god sakes youre a team.
So what do you do? Hit him? Oh no not that!

Gooning up is Canucks and Flames territory.

Look at the Penguins, they just won the game after Letang got decked by a dirty hit. They didn't retaliate on the ice, they got their revenge on the scoreboard.

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Soli
Supervision Required

Theres not one reason to have Hordichuk and Eager if Renney isnt going to let them do their job. They can take a regular shift and he still doesnt play them. How he pairs down to 3 lines after the 1st period on a back to back... What is he thinking.

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Eh? You call the guy on bull and you proceed to say he has to pick his spots better, in otherwords you just agreed with the poster who said he has to change his game. Which is it?
Playing smarter at times and changing your style of play completely are 2 different things.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

vCash: 50
I think we should've retaliated with copious penalties. Look at it this way: if we're going to lose, might as well leave them with something to think about next time they play us. It's not like Hordi or Petrell are not expendable. If they get suspended, who gives a ****? They get a hurrah in the locker room and sit a few, which is the same as being in the PB. Cross check the **** out of Duchene! Who cares?!? Play dirty, that's how you win long term. I agree with PRV

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:57 PM
the word*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman7 View Post
Before we assume its his shoulder ,I am thinking its his elbow or perhaps his upper arm that slammed into the dasher board.If his shoulder was in any way hurt in the first collision,there is no way they would let there franchise player back in the game.Also I thought that the ref was asking Hordichuk,about Hall at the bench to start the second and I read his lips saying Elbow.Lets just wait and see.And pray!!!!!
Yeah. He landed palm down straight arm... He was holding his arm out like he hyperextened his elbow... not bent like a chicken wing when you separate a shoulder.

Old
11-26-2011, 09:58 PM
GMofOilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman7 View Post
This is what I thought also, I actually thought broken arm then seen him come back so thought maybe just a deep bruise, we will see. The oilers did say shoulder though

GMofOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:58 PM
OilerNut*

We should just give every player a knife and every time someone on another team touches them, take it out and stab them.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrV View Post
Why was my thread merged? It had nothing to do with Hall's injury. It's about team toughness and setting the tone.
The title was "When Hall gets crushed like that"

Its either a merge or a delete. Let me know if you'd rather the latter.

Old
11-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
We should just give every player a knife and every time someone on another team touches them, take it out and stab them.
I like it.

Old
11-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Rafters

Guess I will give my internet diagnosis as well.......looked liked when he was hit into the boards his left arm hit right on the edge of the dasher.....hoping for a very deep bruise ....dont think the training staff would let him come back otherwise..Hall probably wanted to try playing with one arm...even the cross check on the same arm was not overly hard, but enough to know he couldn't use his arm at all ....... so i am saying a deep bruise to the upper arm/shoulder area...

Rafters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:01 PM
the word*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post
This is what I thought also, I actually thought broken arm then seen him come back so thought maybe just a deep bruise, we will see. The oilers did say shoulder though
When did the Oilers say shoulder? I hope you're not referencing cbc play-by-play...

Looked like a hyperextention of his arm to me.

Old
11-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Ugh he's getting an MRI.

Old
11-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Mentallydull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
I missed it, and I don't have the game on my pvr. I assume that I'll be able to see the replay on spdesk but in the meantime, was it a really dirty hit or just a big clean hit?
Huge and clean, imo.

Hit him in the shoulder/chest area as Hall went screaming into the corner after the puck with 3 Avalanche chasing him.

Some people say it should've been boarding because Wilson should've let up but I had no issues with the hit itself. Hall was bound to get crushed/hurt with his play style eventually.

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote