HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Refs 1 Pens 3 Habs 3

Old
11-26-2011, 09:30 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Great game. Even if we lost it was a fun one to watch.
Yup it was an entertaining game to watch despite the loss..

I'm not even gonna blame anyone for this loss since I kinda expect it from this Habs team now.. Looks like it's gonna be one of those seasons where what can go wrong will..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I'm not a big JM fan...but some people on here must be living on some other planet. You play the most talented team in the NHL with about 1/4 of your regulars out and with 3 frreaking rookies on defense and you basically play them to a tie...yet the coach is an idiot and he should be fired, the team is too small, too soft etc etc

Like...wow! Just...wow!

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Protest the Hero

I think I would've been less pissed if the Habs lost the game in regulation on a legitimate goal. I'm sick of the refs being such big factors in our games.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaix View Post
Here's a low quality version of the goal

Neal was BEHIND Gill at the play and he still manages to get to the glove of Price. WTF?! Gill is a pylon!

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Dr_Hook

It keeps baffling me how much time it takes Martin to realize that certain things are patently NOT working

Eller on the wing ? Failed all along yet he'd still be there (or in the stands) if it weren't for Senor Gomez injuries

Plekanec on the point ? We give away almost as many SH chances as our PP can produce with this formation, yet it's still there.

Gill in OT ? He can't create ANY transition so basically zero offense for us and he struggles to defend cause there is too much movement and ice to cover, yet he's still there every OT and for at last the 2nd time this year he's on the ice for a losing goal. Why still going on ? who knows...

Anyway, we got hosed, yaddi-yaddi-yadda....

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:33 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm not a big JM fan...but some people on here must be living on some other planet. You play the most talented team in the NHL with about 1/4 of your regulars out and with 3 frreaking rookies on defense and you basically play them to a tie...yet the coach is an idiot and he should be fired, the team is too small, too soft etc etc

Like...wow! Just...wow!
thank you

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:34 PM
buddahsmoka1

Funny how people are quick to point out that PLEKANEC ON THE POINT IS FAIL LOL, except for the fact that he has been the ONLY player who has produced consistently on the PP.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hugo Sham

i said three years ago it looked like gainey was basically throwing **** against the wall when he signed all the dwarfs and traded for blowmez. we were all blinded by halak and carey the last couple of years...
of course gauthier is a yes-man poodle - until they restructure the team, get some size and change tactics we will continue to whine and they will keep spinning their wheels

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Everyone keeps saying that Cammy is playing hurt so what's wrong with him then? He's not helping his team right now so may as well sit him for a couple games to heal if he is indeed injured..

Old
11-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
I will quickly say Pacioretty being suspended would be laughable but not surprising. I have quickly lost faith in Shanny anyhow.

The goal shouldnt of counted, there is ZERO denying that.

Now Montreal didnt lose because of refs, they lost again because Martin is an incompetent buffoon who cant see that his PP isnt working and refuses to change it. Get Pleks back to the half boards and get Subban shooting the damn puck.

Every game Montreal blows is closer to JM's firing. We can only hope they arent completely out of the playoff picture by then.

How has he "refused to change" the PP. He's had just about everybody on the roster on the top PP at different times.

You can whine about Plekanec on the point, but he LEADS THE ******* TEAM IN PP POINTS(with 8, next closest is 5) while playing most games on the freaking point!

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:35 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Relax guys we are still .500
end of the year, .650 or .350 would be better

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:37 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 567
PG and JM might be respect but they are not made for the montreal market,fan base and team

they are too Conservative.

laid back and all

PG moves are mostly that

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Funny how people are quick to point out that PLEKANEC ON THE POINT IS FAIL LOL, except for the fact that he has been the ONLY player who has produced consistently on the PP.
Maybe he could be even better if he's up front? He's consistent because he's a smart player but I don't think he's AT HIS BEST on the point.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
I will quickly say Pacioretty being suspended would be laughable but not surprising. I have quickly lost faith in Shanny anyhow.

The goal shouldnt of counted, there is ZERO denying that.

Now Montreal didnt lose because of refs, they lost again because Martin is an incompetent buffoon who cant see that his PP isnt working and refuses to change it. Get Pleks back to the half boards and get Subban shooting the damn puck.

Every game Montreal blows is closer to JM's firing. We can only hope they arent completely out of the playoff picture by then.
JM, PG and Bob the "consultant" Gainey era really needs to end. They brought us from the dungeon to respectability but they won't take us any further....new blood ....new ideas.... It's time Mr. Molson!!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:

Like...wow! Just...wow!
You can't tell me you don't believe what I bolded to be true?

Old
11-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Quote:
He would have produced better on the half-wall.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
donghabs98

vCash: 567
if cammy is hurt then he should just sit out

because he is pretty useless right now

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:

How has he "refused to change" the PP. He's had just about everybody on the roster on the top PP at different times.

You can whine about Plekanec on the point, but he LEADS THE ******* TEAM IN PP POINTS(with 8, next closest is 5) while playing most games on the freaking point!
I bet you he would have more if he was a forward on the PP. JM is nothing but an assclown for keeping him there.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary320

Quote:
I agree, I think the powerplay just sucks either way you put it, doesnt matter who you put on it, it isnt working.. strategy has to change. I think Markov will help the powerplay ALOT though.. that's obvious.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hugo Sham

lmao quote of the night from another board:

"JM didn’t complain about that call….I’m sure he wrote it in his notebook and will re-enact it later with sock puppets when no one is watching.",

Old
11-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:

So why doesnt he change that? Just recently he started putting eller out there and subbed Cole for Darche. thats about it.

Who the hell cares if he leads the team in PP points. He should, he is Montreals best overall players.

The PP is getting a few goals here and there and pleks is getting some points on it, big friggin deal. I guess the 25th ranked PP couldnt get better? Or should we just say it cant get any worse. Just cuz pleks has points on it, it doesnt mean its working. Keep settling for mediocrity.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockey8888

I still remember the time when Lucic was turtled away from Laraque & the Bruins had some respect for us in the physical department.
Now we're the smurfs, the softest team in the league, the punching bag for everyone.
thanks so much Bob Gooney

hockey8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
holyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Price was pissed. "I had the effin thing covered" LOL @ RDS airing the unedited version....almost up there with Renaud Lavoie's "Stupid _uck!" after the playoff game against the Caps a couple years back.
RDS has no problems with people saying the f bomb or airing players saying it. It's happened numerous times.

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:41 PM
holyhabs

Quote:
holyhabs, we didn't score the first goal, lol.
I know. But with the system we play and with JM as the coach it is something we should be good at. Just like protecting leads in the 3rd period.

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Hugo Sham

this team needs a shakeup. i'd try to deal cammy for some size and change the 4th line into an actual line of grit...nokie and white are good...but get me some more jam. no more darche or palushaj