HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Positive Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2011, 09:53 PM
  #1
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,484
vCash: 500
Positive Thread

Moen tied his most goals scored with Habs with 58 games to go :-).


P.S : I smell Markov.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:54 PM
  #2
CHill Seeker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 9,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
Moen tied his most goals scored with Habs with 58 games to go :-).


P.S : I smell Markov.
gauthier should actually try and sign him and **** this 'only at end of season signing' philosophy. if he pots 20 and has 100 pim he will get chris neil money and we'll be left with less than 0 tougness and grit

CHill Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:58 PM
  #3
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,237
vCash: 74
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL at a one-post positivity thread before negativity settles in!

Good one CHill Seeker, made me laugh!

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:18 PM
  #4
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Emelin makes me smile.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:19 PM
  #5
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,057
vCash: 500
I saved a bunch of money on my house insurance.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:20 PM
  #6
kassian
Registered User
 
kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,794
vCash: 500
Emelin.

Moen.

Pacioretty.

Markov coming back soon.

And of course this:

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:21 PM
  #7
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,482
vCash: 500
2 points from securing a PO spot.

Believe it or not.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:23 PM
  #8
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
2 points from securing a PO spot.

Believe it or not.
All of those teams have 2 games in hand so not so much.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:24 PM
  #9
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,170
vCash: 500
Our Corsi numbers are off the charts!

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:25 PM
  #10
The Russian General
#CanadaAndRefsTeam
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 10,749
vCash: 500
Except PP, are we playing that bad considering all the injuries?

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:29 PM
  #11
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Our Corsi numbers are off the charts!
YES!

as long as the stats look good, who could complain



also,

MaxPac, Eller, DD, Emelin, Weber and Subban all are looking good, and like the best is yet to come...

Price is who we thought he was...

and Cole is paying immediate dividends, if he stays healthy who knows... he could prove to be worth the term/$$ we gave him after all.


lot's of nice pieces in place, just a question of building around them properly!

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:34 PM
  #12
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
Markov will be back soon

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:36 PM
  #13
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
YES!

as long as the stats look good, who could complain



also,

MaxPac, Eller, DD, Emelin, Weber and Subban all are looking good, and like the best is yet to come...

Price is who we thought he was...

and Cole is paying immediate dividends, if he stays healthy who knows... he could prove to be worth the term/$$ we gave him after all.


lot's of nice pieces in place, just a question of building around them properly!
He looks like crap.

m00ks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:44 PM
  #14
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
He looks like crap.
Weber had a great opportunity to show his worth with all these injuries, but I think he has dropped the ball. When Spacek/Markov/Campoli are back, I think Weber and Diaz are going to find themselves on the outside looking in. The 3rd guy to take out paints a fuzzier picture, but knowing our injury luck, we'll never have to worry about that.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:56 PM
  #15
shao01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Weber had a great opportunity to show his worth with all these injuries, but I think he has dropped the ball. When Spacek/Markov/Campoli are back, I think Weber and Diaz are going to find themselves on the outside looking in. The 3rd guy to take out paints a fuzzier picture, but knowing our injury luck, we'll never have to worry about that.
Unfortunately I would have to agree.

When Markov's back the 5 of the 6 Ds are gonna be Markov, Gorges, Subban, Gill, Emelin. With Spacek, Campoli, Weber, Diaz and Nash to a lesser degree battling for the 6th and 7th spot I would think the Habs will have to let Spacek and Campoli play unless Weber/Diaz show a significant improvement in the next several games before the others are back from injuries.

shao01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:05 PM
  #16
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,833
vCash: 500
The biggest positive is Markov's return is only 3 games away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Weber had a great opportunity to show his worth with all these injuries, but I think he has dropped the ball. When Spacek/Markov/Campoli are back, I think Weber and Diaz are going to find themselves on the outside looking in. The 3rd guy to take out paints a fuzzier picture, but knowing our injury luck, we'll never have to worry about that.
I think it's Emelin though he brings more dimension than Weber or Diaz. He's been Ok. But none of the three are currently running with it the way Subban did when he got his chance.

I'm actually quite excited for a Spacek/Markov/Campoli infusion after seeing the product without them. I think we can really do some damage if they stay healthy.


Last edited by m00ks: 11-26-2011 at 11:11 PM.
m00ks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:10 PM
  #17
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200
 
99GoHabsGo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlottetown,PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,987
vCash: 50
we need markov

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:21 PM
  #18
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
He looks like crap.
i guess it depends on expectations...

imo, a 23 year old PMD dman, with well under 100 NHL games under his belt, who is already producing offensively (on pace for 27pts), while staying in the + for +/- (even if that is a somewhat misleading stat) while getting 19+ min/game, is pretty good.

does he have lots of holes in his game.... for sure.

but imo he's showing more than enough to indicate that as he gets more and more comfortable with the NHL level & continues to get stronger (as a smallish dman, adding 5-10pds of weight + subsequent increase in strength will be have a HUGE impact on his effectiveness), his effectiveness will improve dramatically.


mark my words, by the time Weber is 26-27 (or by the time he has 200+ games of NHL experience), he'll be a clear cut top-4 PMD dman. In my mind, only question is wether he'll top out as an effective player in that role, or wether he'll take the step towards being a top-pairing caliber PMD, which I think is well within his reach if he stays healthy and continues to progress.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:24 PM
  #19
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,173
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Except PP, are we playing that bad considering all the injuries?
Nope. Last couple of games with this patchwork defense were really the only ones this season that I felt the Habs were clearly outmatched. Not surprising against Pittsburgh, but I thought we could take advantage of a Pronger-less Flyers.

But the PP is truly awful. Thank God the PK has been out of this world.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:30 PM
  #20
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i guess it depends on expectations...

imo, a 23 year old PMD dman, with well under 100 NHL games under his belt, who is already producing offensively (on pace for 27pts), while staying in the + for +/- (even if that is a somewhat misleading stat) while getting 19+ min/game, is pretty good.

does he have lots of holes in his game.... for sure.

but imo he's showing more than enough to indicate that as he gets more and more comfortable with the NHL level & continues to get stronger (as a smallish dman, adding 5-10pds of weight + subsequent increase in strength will be have a HUGE impact on his effectiveness), his effectiveness will improve dramatically.


mark my words, by the time Weber is 26-27 (or by the time he has 200+ games of NHL experience), he'll be a clear cut top-4 PMD dman. In my mind, only question is wether he'll top out as an effective player in that role, or wether he'll take the step towards being a top-pairing caliber PMD, which I think is well within his reach if he stays healthy and continues to progress.
I think you're overrating him and HARD. I think he tops out as a fringe bottom pairing PP specialist. I don't see anything in his skillset that would propel him to be a "clear cut top 4 PMD" let alone be in a top pairing. Doesn't skate well enough to ever attain such status and I doubt 5-10 lbs would turn him into a defensive beast.

m00ks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:49 PM
  #21
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Weber had a great opportunity to show his worth with all these injuries, but I think he has dropped the ball. When Spacek/Markov/Campoli are back, I think Weber and Diaz are going to find themselves on the outside looking in. The 3rd guy to take out paints a fuzzier picture, but knowing our injury luck, we'll never have to worry about that.
Not immediately but unless he plays better his tenure with the Habs will be brief.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:52 PM
  #22
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
I think you're overrating him and HARD. I think he tops out as a fringe bottom pairing PP specialist. I don't see anything in his skillset that would propel him to be a "clear cut top 4 PMD" let alone be in a top pairing. Doesn't skate well enough to ever attain such status and I doubt 5-10 lbs would turn him into a defensive beast.
i guess we'll see...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:05 PM
  #23
ghostfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Third in the league in PK (behing NJD and PIT), and 1st in blocked shots.

ghostfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:09 PM
  #24
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostfan View Post
Third in the league in PK (behing NJD and PIT), and 1st in blocked shots.
1st in blocked shots isn't a good thing. It implies we spend the most time in our own zone in the NHL.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 01:26 PM
  #25
ghostfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
1st in blocked shots isn't a good thing. It implies we spend the most time in our own zone in the NHL.
Yes and no. Number of shots is not alway representative of time spent in zone. Additionally, MTL is ranked 10th in shots too.

But for sure it does mean we spend a lot of time in the D zone. But hey, this is a POSITIVE thread!


Last edited by ghostfan: 11-27-2011 at 01:33 PM.
ghostfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.