HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toronto Maple Leafs @ Dallas Stars (11/25/11 - 8:30PM ET)

Old
11-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
^Indeed, it was a great game. Could've gone either way, plenty of missed chances and big saves.

Good luck the rest of the way, and thanks for the civility.

11-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Dark Knight
#WeTheGooners

vCash: 500
I've got nothing against Stars fans but I'll post my observations. I though the Leafs played a solid road game. Stars had to continually press after the Leafs took the lead which naturally gives the team momentum. Trust me, we've long suffered stretched of out playing opponents but coming out with losses. Dallas worked hard to tie but couldn't take the lead for good.

I think you have a formidable forward group but your D is sub par.

Peace out! Good luck on the season!

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:44 AM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Glad I avoided the trolls on this one tonight, though I do enjoy the comments from the non-jerks who come over. I thought the Stars carried a lot of the play but suffered from more defensive lapses as a team (IIRC, and I could be getting the order of the goals confused, Larsen not covering the front of the net on the third goal, Daley not getting over to his guy on the first goal and a generally poor job of point coverage on the PK goal). But they did a good job battling back and creating chances.

Vincour, before he got rule 48'd, is still just not quite up to NHL-level production yet. He's all about the almost, but he really needs to break through at some point if he wants to stick in that top line spot. Nice hands, nice instincts but needs the numbers or he risks going down the Wandell path. He's obviously got some time before that happens, and I think he's much smarter about utilizing his linemates than Wandell so I am much more optimistic. But I really do want to see the production at some point out of him.

Larsen has great offensive instincts and needs a little work on how quickly he has to recover defensively with NHL-speed offenses (I think he's trying to cheat for the breakouts sometimes before the team has puck possession which leads to him giving up a gap in his own end every once in a while). Eat a few cheeseburgers, get some more NHL games in him and I can easily live with him over Pardy as the NHL-level guy. He needs a little more work defensively before I feel comfortable with him in big minutes against top lines, but he's got the speed and instincts where I think he'll get there eventually.

Nystrom is a freaking revelation. I love him so much. Great work rate along with hands I didn't know he had in him.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:54 AM
hairylikebear
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Offensively I couldn't be less impressed with Vincour. He was good on the cycle and backchecking, but so is any good 3rd/4th liner. He needs to get off the boards and get into shooting/scoring positions.

hairylikebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:12 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
I thought the Stars carried a lot of the play but suffered from more defensive lapses as a team (IIRC, and I could be getting the order of the goals confused, Larsen not covering the front of the net on the third goal, Daley not getting over to his guy on the first goal and a generally poor job of point coverage on the PK goal).
Larsen wasn't even on the ice for the 3rd goal against. You're thinking of Daley.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:51 AM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
I flipped them. Larsen was the coverage fail on the first goal while Daley was the guy on the third.

Also, the more I watch the Schenn hit, the more it is clearly a blatant rule 48 violation. It's not an elbow though it reads that in real time, but it's a hit that really only takes the head with no other discernible body contact. If that's not worth something from Shanahan, be it a fine because he has no disciplinary history and he thinks it's more reckless than targeted or 1-2 games because he thinks it's pretty clear targeting (which is my preference), I don't know what is.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 02:24 AM
Center Ice Scrum

Excluding the officiating, this was a really well played game. Lots of good tempo. There were times where both teams absolutely dominated and the scores could've gotten out of hand many times if both goalies weren't sharp. Jamie Benn is a mother****ing BEAST. Loui Eriksson and Souray, I wasn't too impressed with. Lehtonen had a great game. Stars did a great job of shutting down our top line too.

Good luck the rest of this season, hopefully we shall see you guys again in the playoffs.

Center Ice Scrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Nebraska17

Send a message via MSN to Nebraska17
Sorry about the trolls....

Not that this point matters, but I've often wondered why ANYBODY even remotely cares who the three stars are.

Solid hockey game last night. Really like Lehtonen... glad he's figured it out after those morons in Atlanta rushed him, then gave up on him.

Nebraska17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Eisenh0rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Why are you posting in our ****ing thread? No one gives a **** what you have to say. You're obviously wrong.

**** the Leafs and the idiot refs.
Oh calm down.

Eisenh0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 12:28 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Leafs fans are ridiculously ignorant and immature for such a storied franchise. Thank god we only play them once a year, no wonder the NHL hates them.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Sports
bedroom eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Center Ice Scrum View Post
Excluding the officiating, this was a really well played game. Lots of good tempo. There were times where both teams absolutely dominated and the scores could've gotten out of hand many times if both goalies weren't sharp. Jamie Benn is a mother****ing BEAST. Loui Eriksson and Souray, I wasn't too impressed with. Lehtonen had a great game. Stars did a great job of shutting down our top line too.

Good luck the rest of this season, hopefully we shall see you guys again in the playoffs.
It was a fun game indeed. Good luck to the Leafs on the rest of the season as well, although as far as these two teams meeting in the playoffs goes, I definitely wouldn't hold your breath.

Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 02:40 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairylikebear View Post
Larsen just keeps getting better the longer he's on the ice. I'm honestly more excited about him than I was about Benn two years ago, although obviously if I had known how Benn would turn out back then I would have probably needed to do my laundry more often.

Larsen is looking better each game. At this point it's pretty clear that with Goligoski out Larsen should be in the lineup with Pardy being the regular odd man out. I have to say that after seeing Larsen in training camp last year I was super excited about him but that waned a bit when he kept getting injured last season. While I've still tapped the breaks a bit on his potential I do think he's going to be a good player for us. He does compete hard on defense and I like his ability to jump up on the rush.

I said it in another thread but I hope they sort of let him loose offensively and don't worry about turning an offensive defenseman into a defensive defenseman like they did with Daley.

Edit: The Schenn hit didn't look bad to me. Am I the only one who doesn't see anything wrong with it?

Last edited by glovesave_35: 11-26-2011 at 02:53 PM.
glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Phil Connors*

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post

Edit: The Schenn hit didn't look bad to me. Am I the only one who doesn't see anything wrong with it?
I thought it was fine. In real time looked it iffy, but watching it again I thought it was a good hit.

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:20 PM
starsfan4ever

Schenn's hit wasn't an elbow but it was high. I don't think he could have hit Vincour any lower due to the height difference.

starsfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:47 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
As a critique of the broadcast, I've noticed they lean more toward the homer side of things when Razor isn't there. I know Ralph has spent so many years with the franchise and loves the Stars which is great but I'm constantly reminded that I'm just a huge Razor fan. That's not to say he's never a homer but he's the right amount because a local broadcast is supposed to slanted a little bit. The less Ralph editorializes usually the better the presentation. Also, I'm a big BaD radio fan but I don't need Bob on the Stars broadcast.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Brand New Stars

I like Bob Sturm as the replacement.

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:18 PM
bear1

vCash: 363
I DVRed the game came home and watched it who the the hell was that on the air with Ralph! Whoever he was he dosent belong on the air. They shouldnt let Razor have the day off! He stinks!

Last edited by bear1: 11-26-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: I didnt read the above two post
bear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:20 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
I DVRed the game came home and watched it who the the hell was that on the air with Ralph! Whoever he was he dosent belong on the air. They shouldnt let Razor have the day off! He stinks!
You should try reading up two replies before posting.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:10 PM
bear1

vCash: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
You should try reading up two replies before posting.
I made a promise a while ago so I wont respond! 666

bear1 is offline   Reply With Quote