HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New lines/pairings

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2011, 01:01 AM
  #1
slip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,368
vCash: 500
New lines/pairings

After the Columbus game and with the injury to Regher, I expect Ruff to do his obligatory shuffle:

Vanek/Roy/Kassian
Leino/Hecht/Pominville
Gerbe/Goose/Stafford
Adam/Ellis/Tropp

Leopold/Ehrhoff
Brennan/Sekera
McNabb/Gragnani

Macintyre

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:33 AM
  #2
Corto
Faceless Man
 
Corto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Braavos
Country: Croatia
Posts: 12,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post

Leopold/Ehrhoff
Brennan/Sekera
McNabb/Gragnani

Macintyre
LOL....

I had a better D on my EHM game playing with ECHL teams...

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 01:43 AM
  #3
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 27,005
vCash: 500
Insane to think that Enroth doesn't start if Miller's hurt. No prayer of Drew playing

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 02:40 AM
  #4
Husko
Registered User
 
Husko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,209
vCash: 500
Despite Grags poor showing, they're going to have no choice but than to force-feed him top 4 minutes

Some mix of Sekera, Leopold, Erhoff, and Grags getting ~25 minutes each
Brennan and McNabb will get very limited time.

For the love of God, just let these offensive guys play their game. Try to win 10-9.

Husko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:08 PM
  #5
hockey18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 177
vCash: 500
they will rotate 5 guys like lindy did the other night and get mcnabb minutes as the game progress. HE did a great job of that wed night. He has no choice but to work with the 5 he has right now and gradually get mcnabb in.

hockey18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:16 PM
  #6
5 Minute Major
Registered User
 
5 Minute Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,577
vCash: 500
Is this speculation for tonight or next week at this time?

If it's next week I probably would have Foligno and Varone someone in the lineup as well as Finley on defense and probably Leggio backing up MacIntyre.


5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:19 PM
  #7
MyersMagic57*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,420
vCash: 500
Is it possible for Rochester to be unable to have a team if too many of their players are in buffalo?

MyersMagic57* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:23 PM
  #8
Socialist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 149
vCash: 500
Leino should be paired up with the popcorn cup.

Socialist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:31 PM
  #9
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 10,573
vCash: 500
Leino's been terrible, but it's shocking to see how little puck support he gets compared to what he had in Philly. I lost count of the number of times Roy and Stafford were standing still last night when he had the puck.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:32 PM
  #10
Zman5778
Registered User
 
Zman5778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cressona/Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,778
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Vanek-Hecht-Poms
Leino-Roy-Szeczchura
Gerbe-Goose-Tropp
Ellis-Adam-Kassian

Ehrhoff-Leopold
Sekera-Gragnani
McNabb-Brennan

Enroth
MacIntyre


That's my best guess for tonight. Maybe flip Ellis and Szezchura.

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:39 PM
  #11
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,124
vCash: 50
Vanek-Adam-Pommer
Leino-Roy-Gerbe
Hecht-Gaustad-Kassian
Szczechura-Ellis-Tropp

Roll the top three lines, working in Tropp.

Leopold-Sekera
Gragnani-Ehrhoff
McNabb-Brennan

Pray.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:50 PM
  #12
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 8,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Leino's been terrible, but it's shocking to see how little puck support he gets compared to what he had in Philly. I lost count of the number of times Roy and Stafford were standing still last night when he had the puck.
Yeah, I've been watching some of the plays he made while he was in Philly, and while a lot of them weren't razzle dazzle, they were simple plays where he had players going to the net and good puck support. Chemistry seems to be the problem with that line.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 05:05 PM
  #13
JPurp26
Registered User
 
JPurp26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,229
vCash: 300
I guess I would start with these
Vanek-Hecht-Pominville
Leino-Roy-Tropp
Gerbe-Gaustad-Kassian
Ellis-Adam-Sczcechura

Leopold-Sekera
McNabb-Ehrhoff
Brennan-Gragnani

All defenseman are leftys

Enroth
MacIntyre

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 05:51 PM
  #14
Tunnel of Death
Foligno: Beast Mode
 
Tunnel of Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
I guess I would start with these
Vanek-Hecht-Pominville
Leino-Roy-Tropp
Gerbe-Gaustad-Kassian
Ellis-Adam-Sczcechura

Leopold-Sekera
McNabb-Ehrhoff
Brennan-Gragnani

All defenseman are leftys

Enroth
MacIntyre

Hell, at this point, give me a buzz. I shoot right and I'll play D...

Tunnel of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:01 PM
  #15
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 10,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Yeah, I've been watching some of the plays he made while he was in Philly, and while a lot of them weren't razzle dazzle, they were simple plays where he had players going to the net and good puck support. Chemistry seems to be the problem with that line.
And whattdya know, 2 goals for the Leino line because people were moving their feet.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 01:30 AM
  #16
Sean McG
Grigorenkensons
 
Sean McG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. Catharines, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 686
vCash: 500
What do you guys think will come of the Leino-Adam-Szczechura line once Paul is back down in the AHL? That line was easily the best on the ice tonight and it looks like we may have found something with Ville and Luke- although obviously Szczechura was huge on both goals, so it would make sense to put a high effort guy to replace what he did. I think Kass, Gerbe and Stafford could fill the other wing.

Kassian - Adam has pretty good chemistry with him, and his physicality/puck possession down low would be exactly what they're looking for. High end skill wouldn't make him a weak link at all.

Gerbe - Can't recall him ever playing with either of these guys, but he's easily the teams hardest working player on the ice, and like Kassian, is really talented offensively.

Stafford - Not exactly the grinder type player I was talking about, but he and Leino seemed to have a thing going and it would make for a very nice second scoring line. Although when they were together, albeit for a very brief time, when Roy went up to the first line, they didn't do much. I think I had too many commas in that last sentence...

Sean McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 04:05 AM
  #17
Luceni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,659
vCash: 500
Vanek - Adam - Pomineville
Gerbe - Gaustad - Tropp
Hecht - Roy - Kassian
Ellis - Leino - Szceblabla

That would be my lineup at the moment.

Healthy lineup:

Vanek - Adam - Pomineville
Ennis - Roy - Stafford
Gerbe - Gaustad - Kaleta
Leino - Boyes - Kassian

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:15 AM
  #18
SoFFacet
Registered User
 
SoFFacet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McG View Post
What do you guys think will come of the Leino-Adam-Szczechura line once Paul is back down in the AHL? That line was easily the best on the ice tonight and it looks like we may have found something with Ville and Luke- although obviously Szczechura was huge on both goals, so it would make sense to put a high effort guy to replace what he did. I think Kass, Gerbe and Stafford could fill the other wing.

Kassian - Adam has pretty good chemistry with him, and his physicality/puck possession down low would be exactly what they're looking for. High end skill wouldn't make him a weak link at all.

Gerbe - Can't recall him ever playing with either of these guys, but he's easily the teams hardest working player on the ice, and like Kassian, is really talented offensively.

Stafford - Not exactly the grinder type player I was talking about, but he and Leino seemed to have a thing going and it would make for a very nice second scoring line. Although when they were together, albeit for a very brief time, when Roy went up to the first line, they didn't do much. I think I had too many commas in that last sentence...
I agree that Ville/Luke/Chewie was a good line for us, but I think it was mostly teamwork between Adam and Chewie, and individual effort by Adam, that were the most positive things about the line. The only thing I'm reading into it is to keep Adam and Chewie together for a while, and eventually promote Adam back to a higher line if he keeps this up.

SoFFacet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.