HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Hagelin and Mitchell up

Old
11-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Leetch66

vCash: 500
Hopefully Hagelin has not paid the December AHL apartment rent yet...he has to stay...it's like Xmas came early for NYR !!!!!!!!!!!

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Hopefully Hagelin has not paid the December AHL apartment rent yet...he has to stay...it's like Xmas came early for NYR !!!!!!!!!!!
I really don't think his December apartment rent is really an issue when he's making more than $3,000 more per day in the NHL than he was in the AHL. He can probably pay that rent with 1 day's salary.

But I get your point.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I really don't think his December apartment rent is really an issue when he's making more than $3,000 more per day in the NHL than he was in the AHL. He can probably pay that rent with 1 day's salary.

But I get your point.

Must've been a really nice apartment if he was paying $3k a month for something in Hartford. More like, it was $700, roughly what he'll be spending on the limo to get to and from one game.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Usually hear cup of coffee referring to a little experience.

And cup of tea referring to personal preference.
I agree - in the context of professional sports, a "cup of coffee" is a short stint in the major leagues. A "cup of tea" is not a sport-specific reference, and I have never heard it referring to anything other than personal preference. (e.g. "Basketball is not my cup of tea, I prefer hockey.")

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarre View Post
Never heard "cup of coffee" before but I have heard "cup of tea" alot as an expression.
Not my cup of tea=it's not my preference (ie: something I don't like even if you do).

Getting a cup of coffee= getting your feet wet in a new job/experience where the expectations are that you may not quite ready to keep the job permanntly, but are getting the experience that will help if/when you are ready for the job full time.

Both players have looked good so far--and have done exactly what they were re-called for, to provide speed and energy--but it's only two games and Mitchell especially is probably not here for the long haul. Hagelin, on the other hand, has done well with every challenge (improved every year in college, came in and played well last spring for Hartford, had a good camp/pre-season) since he was drafted. If he can continue at this pace, he should and probably will remain in the lineup.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:55 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

LOVING Hagelin. He adds so much to the bottom lines.

I hope Erik Christensen is not only sent down to the AHL, but banished all the way down to the lowest layer of hell, never to be seen again. NEVER wanted him on the team.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:32 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
LOVING Hagelin. He adds so much to the bottom lines.

I hope Erik Christensen is not only sent down to the AHL, but banished all the way down to the lowest layer of hell, never to be seen again. NEVER wanted him on the team.
I think you're gonna get your wish. Torts never really liked him, just kind of had to play him because we've been so offensively inept up until this year. Barring any injury catastrophe or some SERIOUSLY bad streaks by any of our players, the current lineup won't be changing.

Only guys currently not playing who I see being re-inserted at some point are Wolski and maybe Rupp (Staal too obviously). Erixon, MZA, Christensen are on the far outside looking in.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:36 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Hagelin and Mitchell have both been great so far, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Consistency in the NHL is the hardest part of separating the good players from the borderline players.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Only guys currently not playing who I see being re-inserted at some point are Wolski and maybe Rupp (Staal too obviously). Erixon, MZA, Christensen are on the far outside looking in.

I don't think Erixon is far away. I think he'll get called up some time this winter and stick around this time.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 03:00 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Hagelin and Mitchell have both been great so far, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Consistency in the NHL is the hardest part of separating the good players from the borderline players.
Thing is, consistency has been Christensen's issue as well. If we're going to get inconsistent play, might as well be from a kid that's part of our future.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 06:32 AM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Thing is, consistency has been Christensen's issue as well. If we're going to get inconsistent play, might as well be from a kid that's part of our future.
I agree. Even if Hagelin's play dips, his speed will always be there allowing him to at least be in the play with a chance to make a difference.
Something that can't be said about Christensen.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Disagree. Christensen is consistently bad.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Blazephr

Since the Hagelin call-up...I've noticed he may have saved NYR scouts from having zero NHL players come from his draft class despite picking up McD via trade.

How freakin cool is it? Listed below, are players that came up through OUR system who also represent 4 straight draft classes. Love the fact that we are keeping our kids together.

Michael Del Zotto 1st RD
Derek Stepan 2nd RD

Ryan McDonagh (Montreal) 1st RD
Carl Hagelin 6th RD

Artem Anisimov 2nd RD

Marc Staal 1st RD
Michael Sauer

Brandon Dubinsky 2nd RD
Ryan Callahan 4th RD

Coming Soon!

Chris Kreider 1st RD
Tim Erixon (Calgary) 1st RD

Dylan McIlrath 1st RD

J.T. Miller 1st RD

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

ppl have soured on Christian Thomas way too quickly.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
ppl have soured on Christian Thomas way too quickly.
yea and all because he did'nt kick arse in camp. He's a kid and not everyone makes the jump right to the NHL.

Let him develop in CT like Hagelin started out this yr and then if a spot becomes open and he earns a shot great.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:43 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Since the Hagelin call-up...I've noticed he may have saved NYR scouts from having zero NHL players come from his draft class despite picking up McD via trade.

How freakin cool is it? Listed below, are players that came up through OUR system who also represent 4 straight draft classes. Love the fact that we are keeping our kids together.

Michael Del Zotto 1st RD
Derek Stepan 2nd RD

Ryan McDonagh (Montreal) 1st RD
Carl Hagelin 6th RD

Artem Anisimov 2nd RD

Marc Staal 1st RD
Michael Sauer

Brandon Dubinsky 2nd RD
Ryan Callahan 4th RD

Coming Soon!

Chris Kreider 1st RD
Tim Erixon (Calgary) 1st RD

Dylan McIlrath 1st RD

J.T. Miller 1st RD
I wouldn't say this is a fair statement. Cherepanov passed away.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:00 PM
OverTheCap

Even if Hagelin doesn't score another goal again all season, he would be a much better fit on the bottom 6 than Christensen. He's fast, forechecks hard, and plays good defense.

Hagelin adds some much needed speed to the bottom 6 and helps us roll 4 lines. Christensen was never really cut out for a bottom 6 role, he's not a grinder and nor is he solid defensively.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
yea and all because he did'nt kick arse in camp. He's a kid and not everyone makes the jump right to the NHL.

Let him develop in CT like Hagelin started out this yr and then if a spot becomes open and he earns a shot great.
I actually thought Thomas looked awesome in camp. Strength is definitely the main thing he needs to work on. But that's one of the easiest areas to improve if you're a hockey player. It'd be different if we were saying he needs to work on his shot, or his skating. He is very very shifty and he was making things happen, despite being unable to finish in the small sample size in camp. I am still very high on CT.

Old
11-27-2011, 12:19 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I actually thought Thomas looked awesome in camp. Strength is definitely the main thing he needs to work on. But that's one of the easiest areas to improve if you're a hockey player. It'd be different if we were saying he needs to work on his shot, or his skating. He is very very shifty and he was making things happen, despite being unable to finish in the small sample size in camp. I am still very high on CT.
Agreed.

It doesn't help that he got off to a bit of a slow start and had that ten game suspension. Now he's back and playing a bit under the radar, but is close to a PPG again. By the second half of the season he'll be among the league leaders and people will be raving about him again.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:37 PM
JayQueensNY88*

I think Hagelin will wind up being a 15goal,40point 3rd liner who will wind up being amazing defensively.thats what I think.I also think he will have a few 25 goal seasons,maybe 2 and thats it.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Stupid question of the day;

Is Hagelin in the Nhl 12 videogame ?

Pretty sure Mitchell is in...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Dorado*

Red Berenson says Kid Carl Hags reminded him of Danny Cleary a consistent 15-26 goal scorer last few years and 40-45 points . Should be a good PKer , depth scorer on the 3 rd line for a few with potential to move up . Q younger faster Fedotenko basically

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post

he was likely on the AHL roster but if not update the rosters and now that he has played a NHL game he will be there.......going to get the game for xmas!

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post

Yea hes on the whale. He will be on the rangers in the next roster update in a week or so.

Old
11-27-2011, 04:53 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Hagelin could be more then a 3rd/4th line player.

I personally feel his brain will get him further then that.

He has physical tools: speed, vision. But his brain for the game is high-end, IMO. Very intelligent player. Reads and anticipates the play, and has the speed to get to the right place at the right time to make a play.

I didn't think his play from Michigan would translate THIS well, but he looks exactly the same. Apparently the same in Hartford as well.

I could see him putting up 30 points this season (about 0.5 PPG). Torts typically grows fond of players like Hagelin, Callahan, Stepan... he can ride those guys in any situation. Which is why I believe Kreider and Miller will also be a big part here.

Shot in the arm for this club, that needed the right blend of skill and brains. More options available, now.

When Wolski comes back, added skill. LW suddenly doesn't look thin anymore.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote