HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Refs 1 Pens 3 Habs 3

Old
11-27-2011, 10:13 AM
HeShootsHeScores

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Besides the first quote.. Nothing wrong with the other two. You really expect NHL.com to question the ref's decisions? Like ANY OTHER COMPANY, they will act as if questionable referring wasn't the issue. They wont put down their refs.
I know. But I guessed there was a difference between tweaking the facts to make it look as neutral as possible and then qualify the goal as "heroic".

It's a bit far stretched because obviously I'm stilled pissed, but they make it look as if price was dumb by stating he "believed" he covered the puck, as we know for a fact he "knew" he had the puck covered.

Anyway I know it's useless ranting. Let's say it was good to see Price break his stick.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Captain Saku

We need a trade. I believe we should trade Cammalleri for another winger who's much stronger with the puck and a better physical presence. Any suggestion?

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:22 AM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
We need a trade. I believe we should trade Cammalleri for another winger who's much stronger with the puck and a better physical presence. Any suggestion?
i don't want to see cammy go, but:

can't move gomer, and the habs need size up front,

so the short straw is cammy

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The answer lies in the Habs' success. Look up the head-to-head playoff records of the Habs vs. the Bruins. Come to think of it, look up their overall regular season history. The Habs have so often frustrated and f...ed them, it would take the Bruins the rest of the 21st century to catch up (if they ever could). It's also true of the Rangers.
The Habs are the #1 most hated team in Boston across all sports now. But where else in the U.S. are we hated so much (maybe not on Boston's level) that it could compare to anything remotely resembling even a Toronto-level of hatred? (I don't think Toronto hates us that much anymore)

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
I read the NHL.com recap of the game. It makes me want to throw up.

"The irony of the hit is that it was delivered by Pacioretty"

"The Canadiens were absolutely livid about how Letang's heroic goal came to pass."

"Price believed he had the puck frozen against his pad before Letang poked it out and put it home for his third of the season."
It was written by Arpon Basu. You can tell him what you think on Twitter. @ArponBasu

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
Let's face it, Habs didn't deserve to win this one, but with a little luck and more effort, it could've been ours. Price with the fit is gawld.
Also, Cammalleri needs to have a little pep talk in a dark parking lot involving baseball bats and large italians.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Let's face it, Habs didn't deserve to win this one, but with a little luck and more effort, it could've been ours. Price with the fit is gawld.
Also, Cammalleri needs to have a little pep talk in a dark parking lot involving baseball bats and large italians.
WTF.

Why would you even say that?

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Protest the Hero

Is there a more one-sided "rivalry" in the game than Montreal-Pittsburgh?

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:52 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
You mean like a pick-up baseball game with some country-men? Yeah that sounds really good for his morale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Yeah the Pens' fans really like to hate on Subban and Price way too much.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
WTF.

Why would you even say that?
It was figurative. He needs a fire lit under his ass.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:21 AM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
It was written by Arpon Basu. You can tell him what you think on Twitter. @ArponBasu
I didn't notice. Somehow it's less frustrating to know that it was written by someone who knows the habs, and not by a random dude who couldn't care less about making the habs look bad.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Pittsburgh hates us but we don't hate Pittsburgh that much.

As for one-sided rivalries, I can name 2 more that equally one-sided as Montreal-Pittsburgh:

Senators-Wild
Canucks-Leafs

Old
11-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

Its Gomez's fault

Chris Pronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Didn't you watch that series?? Since it seems like you didn't, let me present you with one stat: Dwayne Rolosson 1st round SV%: 243/256=0.949. No, I'm gonna add another for you. Dwayne Rolosson game 7 SV%: 36/36=1.000. It was entirely palpable, the extent to which the Lightning rallied behind his 50 save performance in that game 4 loss, and Rolosson just completely went beast mode in game 7.
We beat the pens when they were the defending champs. We beat the Caps when they were the best team in the season. We were one goal away from beating the Bruins last year despite being heavily crippled. I don't see anybody, not even habs fans, saying we are a top tier team.

The pens are good, top tier without both Crosby and Malkin? I disagree.

Adding Michalek and Martin was good for their defensive depth. Trading for Neal was great as well for the wing.
But they take a huge step down without both these superstars.
I think they would remain above average, but not top tier.

Otherwise you could say we have a top tier team with a healthy roster.

Btw, find me one top tier team without any sexy names on it.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:38 AM
NewHabsEra*

With Cammalleri out of the line-up, we win this game.. Directly responsible on the second goal blowing his defensive coverage, coasting and cheating all game long.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:53 AM
habs-stars2006

not surprised by NHL's coverage of the game. Shows yet again why NHL is and will always remain a second tire league in terms of professionalism. When umpires blow calls in MLB, the league and the umpires will come out and admit it. This does not happen nearly enough in hockey. I would like to see NHL release a statement admitting that the ref blew the call.

habs-stars2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:57 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs-stars2006 View Post
not surprised by NHL's coverage of the game. Shows yet again why NHL is and will always remain a second tire league in terms of professionalism. When umpires blow calls in MLB, the league and the umpires will come out and admit it. This does not happen nearly enough in hockey. I would like to see NHL release a statement admitting that the ref blew the call.
Do you have any idea how much heat NHL refs get game by game?

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Do you have any idea how much heat NHL refs get game by game?
From the NHL? I've never heard of them facing any disciplinary action for bad calls. What did Tim Peel get after the Mon-NYR game?

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
With Cammalleri out of the line-up, we win this game.. Directly responsible on the second goal blowing his defensive coverage, coasting and cheating all game long.
so he was responsible for one goal according to you and thus is responsible for the loss despite Montreal still leading.

So why wasnt it Weber's fault he let Staal walk right around him and his fault they lost? Why wasnt it Gill's fault for allowing Neal to whack away at Price when he has the puck covered? Thus the game is his fault?

So much fail with what you write

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
I didn't notice. Somehow it's less frustrating to know that it was written by someone who knows the habs, and not by a random dude who couldn't care less about making the habs look bad.
And I think that the French-language version will also be like that if Basu wrote the French-language version as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
We beat the pens when they were the defending champs. We beat the Caps when they were the best team in the season. We were one goal away from beating the Bruins last year despite being heavily crippled. I don't see anybody, not even habs fans, saying we are a top tier team.

Adding Michalek and Martin was good for their defensive depth. Trading for Neal was great as well for the wing.

Our sexy names are Markov (one of the most underrated yet a true #1 when Subban is borderline #1) and Price; with both we can hold our own in the playoffs. Without Markov it's more questionable but this team (with Spacek) was 1 goal away from eliminating the eventual Cup winners.

Old
11-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:

No, because there's a difference between a team sneaking into a bottom playoff berth on the strength of a couple of key players, and a team solidifying a top playoff berth early and maintaining it to the end on the strength of basically the entire roster in the absence of key players. I'm sure you can guess which one is the Habs and which one is the Penguins.

But if you want an example of a top tier Habs roster, look at 2007-08, and the number of players that went on to fill important roles on their new teams (some continue to do so). That was a "top-tier" roster in the making that year, no doubt. Basically, imo "top-tier" is defined as much by the guys occupying the "bottom" 3 lines as those on the top one.

Quote:
Sexy is in the eye of the beholder, I guess you could say. And it's obvious that many (if not most) people's eyes here have not beheld much that occurs outside the Bell Centre, so they don't recognize a really good roster unless there are names they're familiar with from Sportscentre clips.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Squeeven

I come in peace and I am by no means a Habs fan, in fact I hate the Habs since I am a Sharks fan as well as a Leafs fan and I am not here to start any crap with you guys, I'm here in your defense, lol. But man, you guys shouldn't have lost that game. Well, not off of Letangs goal anyways. I think this for two reasons.

1. I think most of us know and can agree that Price had the puck covered. I watched the replay and the puck wasn't behind his glove or pushing it against his pad with his glove. He CLEARLY had his glove COVERING the puck. So in my opinion, that was BS.

2. The rule clearly states that a player cannot be on the ice with any blood on any of their equipment. Letang CLEARLY had blood on his jersey. Apparently the Pens' equipment manager tried to clean the blood out/off of his jersey but he obviously didn't finish the job anyways so, that's also BS.

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
2. The rule clearly states that a player cannot be on the ice with any blood on any of their equipment. Letang CLEARLY had blood on his jersey. Apparently the Pens' equipment manager tried to clean the blood out/off of his jersey but he obviously didn't finish the job anyways so, that's also BS.
This one I guess I have to give a pass on, as apparently they checked with the officials first to see if it was acceptable enough to wear. Should the officials have let it "pass inspection"? Well, I guess that's the debate. It's a stupid rule anyway, and just one of those things the league has seemingly implemented to avoid portraying hockey as a contact sport where noses, lips, and teeth are occasionally bloodied.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
The Habs are the #1 most hated team in Boston across all sports now. But where else in the U.S. are we hated so much (maybe not on Boston's level) that it could compare to anything remotely resembling even a Toronto-level of hatred? (I don't think Toronto hates us that much anymore)
No. The NY Yankees are because far more Boston fans follow baseball than hockey. The reasons for the hatred are identical and they go back to the early 1920s, when the Sox made the supreme blunder of trading Babe Ruth to the Yankees. It took the Sox 86 years to win their next World Series.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 01:01 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:

Boston Bruins.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote