HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens 4 Canes 3

Old
11-27-2011, 07:34 PM
themann

vCash: 500
how'd Filatov look? missed the game, 15 minutes and plus one sounds promising, but stats can be misleading.

themann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caje View Post
A lot of the penalties we took this game were deserved.
True, but there were opportunities to penalize Carolina and even it out a little that were not taken.

The Cowen call was atrocious. If the Spezza one was legit, they got away with several.

I don't bother complaining about the refs much but when you hear that Carolina's heading towars 5 years straight leading the league in PP opportunities...you can see why.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:35 PM
testinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by themann View Post
how'd Filatov look? missed the game, 15 minutes and plus one sounds promising but, stats can be misleading.
He wasn't very good.

testinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Super Six
The Future has CLASS

Quote:
how'd Filatov look? missed the game, 15 minutes and plus one sounds promising but, stats can be misleading.
Hustled hard and had a great opportunity (2 on 1). Didn't look out of place considering it was his 4th game in 4 days. He certainly is more assertive and you can see his playmaking decisions.

Super Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:36 PM
SenatorsHockey
Sweet hockey body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
Is the vid the Canes pre game one??
Yeah, at the beginning, they're talking about Filatov. Just skip (or watch) to like the last minute and a bit. While we're on the topic of the Murray, I especially love it how he essentially dares the media to ask him about the "Sidney Crosby" comment He really wanted to bring it up and make a point. It was ballsy and it was awesome

SenatorsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Dackell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
Is the vid the Canes pre game one??
Yes, pretty sure it is. Talks about Filatov and DaCosta before he gets into Foligno vs. Crosby.

Dackell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
how'd Filatov look? missed the game, 15 minutes and plus one sounds promising, but stats can be misleading.
He was fine. Didn't look as fast as you'd expect from him...but it was also 4 games in 4 nights. Nothing alarming, nothing that really stood out. We pay Spezza 7 mil a year to just be there in a lot of games...that's basically what it was.

Old
11-27-2011, 07:38 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicaFan View Post
Yeah, at the beginning, they're talking about Filatov. Just skip (or watch) to like the last minute and a bit. While we're on the topic of the Murray, I especially love it how he essentially dares the media to ask him about the "Sidney Crosby" comment He really wanted to bring it up and make a point. It was ballsy and it was awesome
Murray is one of the few 'Old time hockey' guys left. Its what I loved about him as a coach. He takes numbers and gets his players to do the same.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Volt

vCash: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicaFan View Post
What a boss, he just straight up tells them to ask him only to let them know of what is going to go down next game hopefully

Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Afro Thunder*

/BOSS

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:56 PM
topshelfie

A few weeks ago karlsson was projected at a -23 pace on the season, now he is at a 70 point pace at only -3

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:58 PM
West Coast Eagles
Classless

i was too busy on the weekend to catch the pitt game, what happened??? I'll look it up when i get home but I'm pretty bored at work (no streaming media at work) so if someone can give me a quick rundown about what happened and what murray said that'd be awesome.

West Coast Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelfie View Post
A few weeks ago karlsson was projected at a -23 pace on the season, now he is at a 70 point pace at only -3
-2, with 75 point pace brah. TSN isn't updated.

Performance: Karlsson is hot (19 pts in last 22 GP).

LOL.

He's also falling down the turnover list and at 3rd among Dmen in takeaways....21/17.

Becoming a two-stud at the age of 21.

Old
11-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Asquaredx2

Missed the entire game. Karlsson was good defensively? How was he in dealing with forwards who rushed him to the outside (basically how was his pivoting)?

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquaredx2 View Post
Missed the entire game. Karlsson was good defensively? How was he in dealing with forwards who rushed him to the outside (basically how was his pivoting)?
Only way to describe any facet of Karlsson's game today would be...

Boss.

Old
11-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Was impressed with most of the team tonight. Played well and earned the win. Annoyed with the refs (what else is new.) Filatov and Rundblad both played well.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Asquaredx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Only way to describe any facet of Karlsson's game today would be...

Boss.
Awesome. Another game to add to the "Karlsson is at worst inconsistent defensively" file?

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquaredx2 View Post
Awesome. Another game to add to the "Karlsson is at worst inconsistent defensively" file?
I said during the game it's one of those games that's making me expect good two way play from him. I wasn't surprised by any of it....the next mistake he makes probably sets him back 3 years, but really, the next mistake is probably a mistake any player makes here and there.

What I thought he was exceptional tonight at, more exceptional then usual, was getting to pucks behind our goal line and skating them to safely. He did this several times...coming out of stick battles with the puck effortlessly.

There was also a play where he skated back, ran the puck carrier along the boards, swiftly retrieved the subsequent loose puck and circled the net. Very Keith-like.

Old
11-27-2011, 08:46 PM
KA BLAMO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
There was also a play where he skated back, ran the puck carrier along the boards, swiftly retrieved the subsequent loose puck and circled the net. Very Keith-like.
Yup against Ruutu. Looked very good on that play.

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Tuna99

vCash: 50
Quote:
He looked good, best game in a Sens uniform this season by far, he played with confidence and wanted the puck - definetely deserves another game and if he plays like this for the rest of the season he'll be an NHL'er for sure.

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Here goes the overhyping of Karlsson again. He played a solid game but he really wasn't anything exceptional. Both of his secondary assists were the result of someone else's hard work. He really didn't do anything himself offensively though he did a solid job in his own end and I really don't understand why he would get a star nod over Gonchar or Spezza.

No, I am not saying Rundblad was better, or that Karlsson played a bad game. Just that he didn't stand out tonight.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

WOOT......missed the game, but glad to see DR7 get his first and Spezza and Andy play outstanding

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Super Six
The Future has CLASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Here goes the overhyping of Karlsson again. He played a solid game but he really wasn't anything exceptional. Both of his secondary assists were the result of someone else's hard work. He really didn't do anything himself offensively though he did a solid job in his own end and I really don't understand why he would get a star nod over Gonchar or Spezza.

No, I am not saying Rundblad was better, or that Karlsson played a bad game. Just that he didn't stand out tonight.
I thought he played an outstanding game. His defense was solid, shutting down Skinner as well as Rutuu and frustrating the hell out of both of them.

Old
11-27-2011, 09:15 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
He looked good, best game in a Sens uniform this season by far, he played with confidence and wanted the puck - definetely deserves another game and if he plays like this for the rest of the season he'll be an NHL'er for sure.
Huh... he played the best game in Sens...and after three games... I wonder how he will look when he will have a rest...

Good game, IMO Karlsson and Smith were the best. Spezza was not so good. Greening had nice hits but that is practical all. Alfie was Alfie..., Rundblad with Cowen played really good. The third line has a chemistry the best line.

I cannot help myself but I would change the lines:

Greening--Spezza--Michalek
Filatov--Foligno--Alfredsson
Daugavins--Smith--Condra
Winchester--Konopka--Butler

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Super Six
The Future has CLASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Huh... he played the best game in Sens...and after three games... I wonder how he will look when he will have a rest...

Good game, IMO Karlsson and Smith were the best. Spezza was not so good. Greening had nice hits but that is practical all. Alfie was Alfie..., Rundblad with Cowen played really good. The third line has a chemistry the best line.

I cannot help myself but I would change the lines:

Greening--Spezza--Michalek
Filatov--Foligno--Alfredsson
Daugavins--Smith--Condra
Winchester--Konopka--Butler
I concur. I hope PMac stays with the lines that work, being Greening-Spezza-9MM and the third line of Daug-Smith-Condra.

Let Filatov work with Alfreddson who is defensively responsible and Foligno who can work the boards if they have to. Alfy has the finish that Filatov needs as a playmaker.