HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs After Sunshine

Old
11-27-2011, 09:33 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Well, he's had more than ample opportunity to step up big and he's failed to do so. Let's call it for what it is - he was paid the big bucks to come in and be the stopper. And he hasn't been the stopper. And regardless of how well the team in front of him has played, he's getting paid the big bucks to be the number one guy and he hasn't been the number one guy. Usually, most of the top guys hit their groove by now. Can't say that has been the case with Bryz.
We just need to give him a couple more games...

Oops, did I say couple more games? I meant couple hundred more games.

He'll work out... eventually.

And if he doesn't, then we just need to give him more time. Looking terrible for 20 games means nothing. Seriously. And if he gets to 40 games and still looks bad, it means nothing.

He should be given a pass till the end of time. But that Matt Carle guy that Spongolium lays into like it's his job, he's just a bum... despite the fact that he played decently last year. 20 games is plenty to judge a defenseman like Carle. But a goalie? Need to give him at least 100-200 games before you speak a single bad word about them.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:55 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Oh, please. He's let in more than his share of softies. He has been terrible.

I'm not even counting the deflection goals, etc. He is letting in the easy ones that Boosh and Leights would've been crucified for and he is very rarely making that big save that keeps us in the game. He hasn't been good.

And tbh, i don't care about the defense. Yes they could improve and I think they will once fully healthy, but this isn't about the defense. It's about the fact that Bobs >>>> Bryz, and Bryz is letting in way more softies than Bobs (and he was brought in to stop the softies going in) yet we have Bryz signed forever on a gigantic cap hit.

I wish we could trade Bryz for a bag of pucks @ this point, if only to clear that cap space.
Bob sucked at the begin of the season and now he has had 2! good games and he is already way ahead of Bryz????

Yes, Bryz has struggled so far but so has the whole team at times. If he still sucks at mid of the season, you can start to flame him.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:09 AM
RespectTheCouts
Couts=0 offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
wow...................

I can't wait until bryz puts up a couple of shut-outs in a row for you to eat your own words.
Amen to this, seriously I feel like fans are sometimes like spoiled children, the Flyers need to get a goalie that isn't a lifetime back-up, so they go out and sign Bryz, now it's his contract is too big too much money, he sucks, christ people give the guy a chance the sky isn't falling I think on any kind of time line Bryz will silence the critics, well most of them, but the doom and gloom will always be around especially in Philly

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:41 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
We just need to give him a couple more games...

Oops, did I say couple more games? I meant couple hundred more games.

He'll work out... eventually.

And if he doesn't, then we just need to give him more time. Looking terrible for 20 games means nothing. Seriously. And if he gets to 40 games and still looks bad, it means nothing.

He should be given a pass till the end of time. But that Matt Carle guy that Spongolium lays into like it's his job, he's just a bum... despite the fact that he played decently last year. 20 games is plenty to judge a defenseman like Carle. But a goalie? Need to give him at least 100-200 games before you speak a single bad word about them.
Matt Carle has been terrible for 2 seasons. It's just a great job that he has Chris freaking Pronger on his line.

Bryzgalov is entering a new team, with new systems and new players. Heaven forbid it takes him more than 20 games on the season to get accustomed to playing with the team.

I bet you were saying stamkos was a bust too in his rookie year........

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:53 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Matt Carle has been terrible for 2 seasons. It's just a great job that he has Chris freaking Pronger on his line.

Bryzgalov is entering a new team, with new systems and new players. Heaven forbid it takes him more than 20 games on the season to get accustomed to playing with the team.

I bet you were saying stamkos was a bust too in his rookie year........
Yep... I definitely thought Stamkos was a bust. That's why I'm promoting Bob too... cause he was so great during his rookie year down the stretch. /sarcasm

Seriously? Get over yourself.

Bryzgalov = 31 year old 10+ year veteran. He doesn't get the "rookie slide". You can't judge a young player based on what they do their rookie year b/c there's still untapped potential and they are often still growing into their bodies. It's different w/ Bryz. He's in his prime, he's matured physically. He won't be getting any better... in fact, he'll be declining eventually.

We paid for a #1 goalie. I hated the move from the start b/c he was softer than butter in the playoffs against the Red Wings and completely shut down and showed 0 confidence. Simply put, the guy is a head case IMO and he cannot and will not succeed in this high pressure environment. But the contract we gave him on top of all that just sealed it. It was (and still is) a terrible move and I don't see Bryz getting better any time soon.

Feel free to bring this back up if/when he does hit his stride(I certainly hope to have this thrown back in my face), but I just don't see it happening.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 12:24 PM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Well, he's had more than ample opportunity to step up big and he's failed to do so. Let's call it for what it is - he was paid the big bucks to come in and be the stopper. And he hasn't been the stopper. And regardless of how well the team in front of him has played, he's getting paid the big bucks to be the number one guy and he hasn't been the number one guy. Usually, most of the top guys hit their groove by now. Can't say that has been the case with Bryz.
So lets just assume that because he is paid alot of money and has had an average start to the year that he is just coasting into his retirement and "giving the middle finger salute" to management....

Is this serious?

You're right, lets call it what it is. it's called a slump, give your head a shake.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 12:45 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
it was pretty dumb to let Joacim Eriksson walk away. who cares if he wasnt NHL ready. sign the guy to a contract, stick him in the AHL see how he works out. It would be nice if we could start building up depth in the organization at more then just forward. This organization hasnt developed a goalie they have drafted for far too long. Who was the last one? Niittymaki? Since then we have been content with finding guys off the scrap heap or signing AHL veterans in goal.
Anyone who says who cares because we have Bobrovsky is pretty ignorant on the situation. The signing of Hovinen and his success so far does not justify or make the decision to let Eriksson walk away ok. It was a stupid decision. period.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote