HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

NBA rescheduling effect on the AHL

Old
11-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Jackets Woodchuck

vCash: 500
NBA rescheduling effect on the AHL

With 5 teams (Monsters, Aeros, Rampage. Checkers, and Milwaukee Admirals) playing in NBA arenas, how badly tattered do you think the AHL schedule will be with the NBA rewriting their schedule from scratch?

I see it being bad enough that all 5 teams will have to reissue pocket schedules and order a brand new print run of game programs.

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 07:20 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

The NBA totally re-did it's schedule from scratch? That I don't understand. Just shave off the games before Christmas as was and be done with it.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

I hope it doesn't effect it very much. Just based on a quick glancing at the Admirals' schedule, they seem to have left the NBA dates open. For instance, in December, they play every Saturday night on the road. Same thing in February. In March, 3 out 5 are open.

11-28-2011, 05:08 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
I'm guessing some of those dates are open because of Marquette basketball. I know they can change from the ice to the basketball courts fast enough to get a hockey game and basketball game in on the same day.

Maybe the Bucks play an afternoon game or the Admirals move one of their games to the afternoon and the Bucks then get the night game.

Either way, don't think scheduling will be a big deal.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:41 PM
adsfan

The Bucks have #1 scheduling priority in the Bradley Center. The Admirals are #2. I expect little change in their schedule. The NBA has enough sense to minimize changes for their own teams, so there should be little or no change for the Admirals. For example, a home game vs the Knicks gets changed to a home game with the Bulls. Nearly all Mondays are open at the Bradley Center, the Bucks can have those.

So far this season, the Admirals moved and played a Saturday game from 1:30 to 7 PM. No other changes have been made by the Admirals that I know about.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:43 AM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
The NBA totally re-did it's schedule from scratch? That I don't understand. Just shave off the games before Christmas as was and be done with it.
Not gonna be even close to the realm of working in reality. They're likely to have each team play divisional rivals four times each (16 games total), then a home-and-home with the other 25 teams in the league (50 games total) for the 66 games.

If they followed your "proposal", then different teams would play different numbers of games TOTAL during the season, in addition to not having competitive balance in how many times they've played various teams. That only happens in the minor leagues, when teams fold mid-season. A major league just isn't gonna have that, period. It should be obvious with half a second's thought - as are many other concepts.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 02:10 AM
Jackets Woodchuck

Monsters schedule looks intact. Haven't had a chance to check the other 4 yet.

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 09:40 AM
drummt

checkers and bobcats have no conflicts.

drummt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 04:37 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Bucks and Admirals have no conflicts either.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2011, 08:08 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Bucks and Admirals have no conflicts either.
The Bucks have 7 Monday night home games on their schedule. The BC is usually closed on Mondays. The Admirals average one Monday home game a season. It is December 26 @ 7 PM against Rockford. The Bucks start their home schedule the next day.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Frank Booth

The December 16th Fox Sports Ohio Lake Erie Monsters' broadcast is a casualty of the NBA's return. As much as I hate the NBA, at least it keeps some inner-city thugs employed and out of the Federal prison system, which my tax dollars help pay for.

Frank Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 01:53 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
The Bucks have #1 scheduling priority in the Bradley Center. The Admirals are #2. I expect little change in their schedule. The NBA has enough sense to minimize changes for their own teams, so there should be little or no change for the Admirals. For example, a home game vs the Knicks gets changed to a home game with the Bulls. Nearly all Mondays are open at the Bradley Center, the Bucks can have those.

So far this season, the Admirals moved and played a Saturday game from 1:30 to 7 PM. No other changes have been made by the Admirals that I know about.
Something I learned when the Griz where in Vancouver

ALL NBA teams have number 1 scheduling in thier arenas---

it causes trouble for the nhl every so often

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogEatDog View Post
Something I learned when the Griz where in Vancouver

ALL NBA teams have number 1 scheduling in thier arenas---

it causes trouble for the nhl every so often
I'm fairly certain there are three NBA teams that don't have top priority, the Raptors, Clippers and Lakers. I can't see the ACC saying that the Leafs have to move their prospective dates because the Raptors want them. Also, since AEG owns the arena and it was built for the Kings, I'm fairly certain the pecking order at Staples Center goes Kings, Lakers and then Clippers.

All the same, I'm not sure that the NBA schedule would cause any issues with any of the other tenants. I'd assume that the NBA would use the dates already blocked off for the tenants and then go from there. If any dates were adjusted I'm sure it came with some sort of compensation to the teams displaced. I'm fairly certain that no team big or small would sign a lease that would say that their dates are completely flexible. Remember the NBA had actually released a schedule once before, so I'm sure under most leases that constituted first choice of dates if the lease guaranteed that. Thus, everyone else's lease would then come into effect.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 05:04 PM

The Bruins own the building they play in (or more correctly, their parent company does), so obviously they have 1st priority over the Celtics at TD Garden.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote