HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 7)

View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?
Yes 11 47.83%
No 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2011, 11:03 AM
subbang76
I CAN SPEAK FRENCH!

vCash: 500
Montreal:
Cammalleri, palushaj , 3rd pick 2012

Flames:
Iginla

Both players need a change of scenery. both players (cammalleri & iginla) can pot 50-70 points a season at there best.

does it work???

Old
11-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Aznrx8

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbang76 View Post
Montreal:
Cammalleri, palushaj , 3rd pick 2012

Flames:
Iginla

Both players need a change of scenery. both players (cammalleri & iginla) can pot 50-70 points a season at there best.

does it work???
I thought about something like that would be a good change for both of them.

Old
11-27-2011, 12:21 PM
subbang76
I CAN SPEAK FRENCH!

It does workout for both teams.

These would be my projected line ups which incorporates the trades.

Montreal Forward Line-up:

Iginla-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn
Darche-Nokalainen-Gomez

Calgary Forward Line-up:

Cammalleri- Backlund - Tanguay
Glencross- Jokinen - Bourque
Comeau - Horak-Stempniak
Kostopoulos - Morrison -Palushaj

Old
11-27-2011, 01:00 PM
HCH

Quote:
It does workout for both teams.

These would be my projected line ups which incorporates the trades.

Montreal Forward Line-up:

Iginla-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn
Darche-Nokalainen-Gomez

Calgary Forward Line-up:

Cammalleri- Backlund - Tanguay
Glencross- Jokinen - Bourque
Comeau - Horak-Stempniak
Kostopoulos - Morrison -Palushaj
You've got Pleks playing with two right wingers and Gomez is still on the team. Doesn't work for me.

Old
11-27-2011, 05:55 PM
subbang76
I CAN SPEAK FRENCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
You've got Pleks playing with two right wingers and Gomez is still on the team. Doesn't work for me.
Lars Eller centres two left wingers, Moen and Kostitsyn!!!
Does it really matter?

But, I am on the same page as you with Scott Gomez. Demote him to the AHL and call-up Mike Blunden as he would add more grit and toughness.

Old
11-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Ducks needs to stay with the young image of our team. I wouldn't mind trading with MTL as long as your 1st round pick is involved in the Bobby Ryan deal
Bobby Ryan is one very few players I'd part with the sun and moon to acquire. 1st round pick +++, no prob. How are the Ducks doing for young dmen?

Last edited by Roulin: 11-27-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old
11-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Garry Valk

Anyone hearing any real rumours these days? The rumour business seems to be dead due to the cap. I miss the chatter!

Old
11-27-2011, 09:24 PM
groovejuice

There are many interesting rumours out there, but they can't be discussed here, because the sources are questionable according to HF.

I would suggest checking out Twitter. Of course, a rumour, regardless of the source is always dubious.

Maybe search for hashtag #habs

Old
11-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Dharvey33

Cammalleri Weber 1st pick for Ryan and Rakell

I,d do it not sure the ducks would. Ryan would make the habs a much better team if we didn't have to give paciorrety or Plekanec for him.

Old
11-28-2011, 08:07 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Cammalleri Weber 1st pick for Ryan and Rakell

I,d do it not sure the ducks would. Ryan would make the habs a much better team if we didn't have to give paciorrety or Plekanec for him.
If the Habs are trading those players and their 1st pick,I'd want a lottery pick in return at least.Ryan's value is overrated IMO.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Tony Twist

Derick Brassard & Antoine Vermette

Ok habs fan from France who's currently wearing his PK Subban jersey in Lyon where everyone is following football, and it bores me to death. Thank god I have insomnia and can watch the Habs on the Internet...Or I have to go to bed late, as the game starts at 19h time NA so here it is 1 AM...I follow most of the comments here. So far it's an up and down season and me a buddy from work who's from London Ontario a die-hard, Habs fan and used to live in Westmount, we were wondering if the Habs could have any interest in Derick Brassard ? It's been mentionned the Sens are interested.. The guy has potential, he is a nice playmaker...What would you give for him ? Would Vermette be a better fit ? Great on face-offs, Jacques Martin's type of player i.e. defensively responsible, not flashy (borderline a 2nd liner)...

I see Desharnais's future more on the wing IMO...

PS : Another question, does Nathan Beaulieu have one year left in the Q or can he make the jump to Hamilton next season...

Thanks, and please get rid of Scott "chubby cheeks" Gomez otherwise we're fine

Old
11-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twist View Post
Ok habs fan from France who's currently wearing his PK Subban jersey in Lyon where everyone is following football, and it bores me to death. Thank god I have insomnia and can watch the Habs on the Internet...Or I have to go to bed late, as the game starts at 19h time NA so here it is 1 AM...I follow most of the comments here. So far it's an up and down season and me a buddy from work who's from London Ontario a die-hard, Habs fan and used to live in Westmount, we were wondering if the Habs could have any interest in Derick Brassard ? It's been mentionned the Sens are interested.. The guy has potential, he is a nice playmaker...What would you give for him ? Would Vermette be a better fit ? Great on face-offs, Jacques Martin's type of player i.e. defensively responsible, not flashy (borderline a 2nd liner)...

I see Desharnais's future more on the wing IMO...

PS : Another question, does Nathan Beaulieu have one year left in the Q or can he make the jump to Hamilton next season...

Thanks, and please get rid of Scott "chubby cheeks" Gomez otherwise we're fine
Brassard might be worth a shot but I wouldn't want Vermette unless they are willing to take Gomez which I really doubt

Yes he has a year left in the Q however he can sign a deal and play in Hamilton like Louis Leblanc did this year, up to him and the team to see what's best for him

Sadly we are stuck with him since Molson doesn't have enough $$ to send him to hamilton

Old
11-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Wassup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Brassard might be worth a shot but I wouldn't want Vermette unless they are willing to take Gomez which I really doubt

Yes he has a year left in the Q however he can sign a deal and play in Hamilton like Louis Leblanc did this year, up to him and the team to see what's best for him

Sadly we are stuck with him since Molson doesn't have enough $$ to send him to hamilton
I've said it for weeks, Gomez, Cammalleri and Budaj for Brassard and Vermette. May be give them a draft pick or two. That way, we get very good, hard working players and the CBJ get a serviceable Goalie . We should then call up a Goalie from Hamilton to back up Price for the rest of the year.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Tony Twist

Obviously no one will take Gomez but Cammalleri seems like an overpayment for Brassard, isn't it ?

Thanks for the info on Beaulieu, apart from the internet really hard to have input on the Habs's here.

I wonder what the Jacket's would want for Brassard ? Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun seems to think there aren't that much takers from him, but I'd take a chance if they're not too greedy..

Old
11-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Wassup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twist View Post
Obviously no one will take Gomez but Cammalleri seems like an overpayment for Brassard, isn't it ?

Thanks for the info on Beaulieu, apart from the internet really hard to have input on the Habs's here.

I wonder what the Jacket's would want for Brassard ? Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun seems to think there aren't that much takers from him, but I'd take a chance if they're not too greedy..
In my opinion, No. Cammalleri isn't trying. Get rid of him.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:41 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawyer345 View Post
I've said it for weeks, Gomez, Cammalleri and Budaj for Brassard and Vermette. May be give them a draft pick or two. That way, we get very good, hard working players and the CBJ get a serviceable Goalie . We should then call up a Goalie from Hamilton to back up Price for the rest of the year.
OMG this is getting ****in ridiculous ! STOP under rating our players. Cammy is a STAR in this league. Have you guys just started watching hockey this year ?

Old
11-28-2011, 09:43 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
OMG this is getting ****in ridiculous ! STOP under rating our players. Cammy is a STAR in this league. Have you guys just started watching hockey this year ?
It seems that it takes less and less to be called a star in the NHL

Old
11-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Wassup

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
He only tries in the Playoffs though.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:46 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawyer345 View Post
I'm not sure if I like it.....dealing Cam for this package. I'm not high on Brassard but maybe the kid would do well in Montreal. Vermette doesn't produce so him or Gomez, the difference is a few millions so I like that. Losing Budaj is big cause Price needs some games off and be fresh if we make the PO.

If I'm gonna deal Cam to the CLB, Johansen must come back.
So let's try

Cammalleri+Budaj

for

Johansen+Vermette

Old
11-28-2011, 09:50 AM
HCH

Quote:
Lars Eller centres two left wingers, Moen and Kostitsyn!!!
Does it really matter?

But, I am on the same page as you with Scott Gomez. Demote him to the AHL and call-up Mike Blunden as he would add more grit and toughness.
Kostitsyn played RW as an amateur, he played RW with the Bulldogs and he has split his time between RW and LW with the Habs. There is a difference between shooting right and being a right winger. And Kosty has always been more effective as a RW than a LW.

Both Iginila and Gionta have played RW their entire careers. Adapting from one to the other is not as easy as it may appear... everything is backwards when trying to break out of your own end.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Moen in Glory
@MoeninGlory

Brassard, Vermette... I'm pretty sure these guys have something in common.

Maybe that's just me

Old
11-28-2011, 09:58 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
It seems that it takes less and less to be called a star in the NHL
Brilliant ! Thanks for answering my question from yesterday that had me debating something.

Old
11-28-2011, 10:08 AM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I'm not sure if I like it.....dealing Cam for this package. I'm not high on Brassard but maybe the kid would do well in Montreal. Vermette doesn't produce so him or Gomez, the difference is a few millions so I like that. Losing Budaj is big cause Price needs some games off and be fresh if we make the PO.

So let's try

Cammalleri+Budaj

for

Johansen+Vermette
Are you serious? What does CLB gain from that kind of trade? They're not going to make the playoffs this year so they don't need an overpaid scorer over one of their best prospects. That trade offer is just silly.

Back on topic, I've always liked Vermette but I don't think we have any room for him. Unless they would take Gomez, like previously mentionned.

Old
11-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:

So let's try

Cammalleri+Budaj

for

Johansen+Vermette
Don't make me laugh. The CBJs were so high when they've picked Johansen. He isn't going anywhere except for overpayment..and especially not for Cammy. Even Nash is more available than Johansen. Back to the subject, I think Brassard's upside is still there, he just need a new environment and Columbus does have a really bad history of developing prospects.

I'd do:

To Montreal:

Derick Brassard

To Columbus:

David Desharnais
3rd round pick 2012

(A 3rd round pick alone got Filatov to the Senators)

Even though DD has more points than Brassard as of today, but Brassard did prove more in the NHL than DD and has a bigger frame, insane hands and potential to become a very good top 6 center for the Habs.

Old
11-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

So let's try

Cammalleri+Budaj

for

Johansen+Vermette

Ya I wish!!!

Closed Thread