HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post rebuild Sens!

Old
11-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Nah I'd stick to that one, he's too slow for my liking at center. Team still needs a 2nd line center.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Nah I'd stick to that one, he's too slow for my liking at center. Team still needs a 2nd line center.
Not saying that we don't. I don't like Foligno at centre, but that's where he played yesterday and they sent Da Costa down...last I checked Regin isn't back yet.

I'm just pokin' fun big guy.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Not saying that we don't. I don't like Foligno at centre, but that's where he played yesterday and they sent Da Costa down...last I checked Regin isn't back yet.

I'm just pokin' fun big guy.
Dass cool bro. Rather see Smith in in that role temporarily.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:19 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Zsmith should be given his shot as the team,s second line center,i said it in training camp that he would force his way up the ladder

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Afro Thunder*

Within 3 years.

Puempel-Spezza- Michalek
Silverberg-Zibby-Stone
Foligno-Smith-Petersson
Daugavins-Grant-Neosen

Cowen-Karlsson
Philips-Rundblad
Borocop-Weircioch

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Zack Smith starting to really heat up. Always been a huge fan of his, but he's really elevated his game this year to a level I never expected of him. If he continues this kind of play I would like to see it rewarded -- last night it was (most ice-time of any forward on the team.)

Filatov - Smith - Alfredsson could definitely be an interesting tandem.

A lot of the time it's about chemistry though. Right now Smith is playing awesome with Daugavins and Condra. Leave him there and maybe give him some PP duties? That would be a nice reward.

Old
11-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Within 3 years.

Puempel-Spezza- Michalek
Silverberg-Zibby-Stone
Foligno-Smith-Petersson
Daugavins-Grant-Neosen

Cowen-Karlsson
Philips-Rundblad
Borocop-Weircioch
I have no problem with this line-up except a few things.

Puempel - Spezza - Michalek
Filatov - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Foligno - Smith - Stone
Daugavins - Winchester - Noesen

Cowen - Rundblad
Borowiecki - Karlsson
Phillips - Lee

Lehner
Anderson

With that said I highly doubt this actually happens. There will be some guys who don't make it, or some guys that get traded -- and very few teams are this homegrown (if any.) However we do have the prospect depth to make this a reality (not even factoring in Pageau, Prince, Hoffman, Petersson who I don't think will make it, Butler, Claesson etc. etc.)

Old
11-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 767
I'm not sure what the team would look like, but I highly doubt it will be over 90% composed of Sens-drafted players.

Gil Gunderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:41 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Zack Smith starting to really heat up. Always been a huge fan of his, but he's really elevated his game this year to a level I never expected of him. If he continues this kind of play I would like to see it rewarded -- last night it was (most ice-time of any forward on the team.)

Filatov - Smith - Alfredsson could definitely be an interesting tandem.

A lot of the time it's about chemistry though. Right now Smith is playing awesome with Daugavins and Condra. Leave him there and maybe give him some PP duties? That would be a nice reward.
Put winny as the third line center ,he has been a good soldier and i think he would be fine there

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Berserker*

You need solid depth guys to win championships, and I think Murray has drafted the right kind of players in order to ensure that.

I think Blood, Gryba and Borocop will be a big part of the defence. I don;t know whether they will convert Sdao to a winger or keep him as a D, but he could very well be a big part of the team. Kramer will be a big part of the bottom six and take on a similar role to Neil as both the physical and emotional leader. Grant and Dziurzynski could both, with a bit more refinement, be a big part of the bottom six.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:47 PM
operasen

Always love looking at where the new talent will fit and what we get to upgrade.

In the Forward group, In three years, from our current roster I expect to see Greening, Spezza, Michalek, Regin, Smith, Daugavins, Condra. Unless traded of course.

And guys that get traded will bring back either picks/prospects and players as yet undetermined.

The guys stepping in over that time will be Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Stone, 2012 1st ( and 2nd),and maybe DaCosta, Hoffman, Prince, Pageau, Noesen and Puempel.

That's 18 good talents right there and there will be some missing from that list as well. Some guys will be left behind or traded for other higher end pieces with less development time. For guys like O'Brien, Cowick, Hamilton, I think the boat has sailed and they'd be better of in someone else's system where they might get a shot.

I want Murray to stick with his plan and develop these guys, not bargain them away. The other roster players and prospects have had their shot and time is passing them by (forwards I'm talking)

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:25 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
You need solid depth guys to win championships, and I think Murray has drafted the right kind of players in order to ensure that.

I think Blood, Gryba and Borocop will be a big part of the defence. I don;t know whether they will convert Sdao to a winger or keep him as a D, but he could very well be a big part of the team. Kramer will be a big part of the bottom six and take on a similar role to Neil as both the physical and emotional leader. Grant and Dziurzynski could both, with a bit more refinement, be a big part of the bottom six.
I find myself agreeing with you a lot, I think we both are of the opinion that we want Ottawa to have a bigger tougher team. Michalek & Phillips will be in their last yr & not sure if Anderson will still be here but he will still have a contract.

This is my guess as to what the roster will be in 3 yrs ... I think Puempel, Prince, Noesen, Claesson, Fransoo, Blood & Sdao etc.. will be in Bingo. I think Filatov will wear out his welcome, Da Costa may never be strong enough. Depending on who Ottawa drafts in the next 3 yrs they could take jobs away from anyone especially on defence where I think we need to get better.

Greening - Spezza - Butler
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Michalek
Foligno - Grant - Silfverberg
Kramer - Z. Smith - Stone/O'Brien/DZ

Cowen - Karlsson
Boroweicki - Rundblad
Wiercicoh - Gryba/Phillips

Lehner - Anderson

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:31 AM
sanityplease