HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game: @ buf 11/26

Old
11-27-2011, 12:12 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra View Post
Hmmm....You said "it's not like they're trying super hard and executing a crap system"

how in the world is that not talking about tactics or execution? When I hear someone talk about systems, I think directed towards team tactics...and when some speaks of execution, I just assume they are talking about execution.....is this same strange usage of the word "execution" that I wasnt previously aware of?

wow, you take this stuff pretty seriously dont you

Again, if you can't figure out the context of my post even after I clue you in....

Yes I'm serious about being a Caps fan. Still mad bro? Waiting for your next troll attempt or standard "you're wrong" post to me or someone else you disagree with.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:14 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
this semin diving thing is pissing me off. Everyone knows he falls down all the time, and has for years. I have long assumed he is not strong on his skates. But have you ever seen him crying and complaining to refs trying to get penalties? The guy just falls a lot. George has to show the master ref a comp of his falling over his career. Why not try and address it, since he probably wont bother taking care of much else until next thanksgiving. I fully believe Semin is not diving to draw penalties to save our team. Maybe he is falling to avoid injury.
Yeah Randy we do see Semin crying for penalties.....game 4 against Tampa anyone? Earlier this year he gets an unsportsmanlike call against for complaining.

I don't think he dives most if the time, but he sure falls down easy. He's blackballed...

Old
11-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

The problem is that Semin sometimes, particularly in the past, takes a dive. Is he always diving? No, almost certainly not. Yet with diving, you need to read windows into men's souls, and this player has gained the reputation of a diver. It's not easy to tell, so that fact is crippling. You never shake that reputation, for better or worse. It's one of the many good reasons you should think very carefully about taking a dive, unlike in soccer where coaches outright tell their players to sell the call, or at least go down to make it apparent to the official.

A flighty personality in general just underscores for officials that he dives, and it's difficult to see that changing, no matter what measures the Caps attempt with the head of officials.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:48 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Yeah Randy we do see Semin crying for penalties.....game 4 against Tampa anyone? Earlier this year he gets an unsportsmanlike call against for complaining.

I don't think he dives most if the time, but he sure falls down easy. He's blackballed...
In game 4 against Tampa, I actually welcome the players doing anything they can at that point, since it was obvious Bruce was cooked. Bruce refusing to make even a goalie change before game 4 probably had the players scratching their heads, including the russians hoping Varly got a chance to right the ship.

Backing off of Bruce, part of Semin's charm is his tendency to fall all over himself in between god mode sightings.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Again, if you can't figure out the context of my post even after I clue you in....
You mention "execution" then the next thing you say is "my comment had nothing to do with execution" Im not making that up. I imagine its difficult to keep track of your rants....but thats pretty bad. Not only am I unsure what you are saying....you arent even sure

Quote:
Yes I'm serious about being a Caps fan. Still mad bro? Waiting for your next troll attempt or standard "you're wrong" post to me or someone else you disagree with.
again....you take this stuff (to dumb it down for you, im speaking of internet posting) pretty seriously dont you. I actually think its pretty funny seeing you melt down. Didnt realize you being wrong would bother you so badly

Mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 01:10 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

I had a point with that video but I forget what it was now.

Oh yeah, chill.

11-27-2011, 01:24 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Looks like Ted called CSN... May capitulates. Weak.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Looks like Ted called CSN... May capitulates. Weak.
Say what?

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 01:28 PM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Say what?
Mays twitter standing up for Bruce all of a sudden

Woke up this morning Bruce had a job balls

Caps fans need to start a fire Boudreau chant for once next game

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 01:52 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

The worst is "injuries matter"... Classic excuse from a non excuse guy. Totally out of character. Also the "if fans were in charge.... Blah blah blah "it's easy from couch" is another deflection technique similar to gmgm "if u knew better you'd be in game" crap.

Old
11-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Halpysback

ah, the twitter. Never figured out how the damn thing worked.

Injuries matter? Saying this after losing to a team that's got a whole hospital wing to themselves right now? Good to see how much they respect the fans' intelligence.

At least this sheds some light on management's position. Boudreau's not leaving until either they suck this bad with Green back or playoffs are in serious, serious jeopardy. Like 10 points out halfway through, need a miracle run type jeopardy.

Guess I'll be watching the Panthers for a while. There's a team with a legit Caps 07-08 vibe about them. Just pretend their reds are our reds

Old
11-27-2011, 02:09 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
In game 4 against Tampa, I actually welcome the players doing anything they can at that point, since it was obvious Bruce was cooked. Bruce refusing to make even a goalie change before game 4 probably had the players scratching their heads, including the russians hoping Varly got a chance to right the ship.

Backing off of Bruce, part of Semin's charm is his tendency to fall all over himself in between god mode sightings.
Wait so when you're down it's ok to do boneheaded plays to somehow protest the coach, leading to a goal against? Certainly not the type of "team" play I condone, but wouldn't surprise me from Semin.

Old
11-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
At least this sheds some light on management's position.
Well, not really. We won't know until Leonsis gets off his perch and tells us what to think this time. That's about the strength of the apologist argument, though, I suppose.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 02:28 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Wait so when you're down it's ok to do boneheaded plays to somehow protest the coach, leading to a goal against? Certainly not the type of "team" play I condone, but wouldn't surprise me from Semin.
I dont remember even what happened in game 4 to be honest. But I dont blame a player for trying to do something in that game 4 before rolling over for 6 months.

All I remember of that game was seeing Alzner skating with Hannan and wondering why we hadnt tried that pairing long before that. And of course, wondering why we didnt see Holtby or Varly in game 4 if not 3.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 02:43 PM
DCRedhawk21

I don't really get the injuries excuse getting thrown around on twitter... Green (along with Semin) missed a bit of time last year and the team adjusted to his absence...

DCRedhawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRedhawk21 View Post
I don't really get the injuries excuse getting thrown around on twitter... Green (along with Semin) missed a bit of time last year and the team adjusted to his absence...
It is simply a failed attempt to deflect off of the real problem. The real problem is there just is no excuse for getting your ass handed to you by a team missing 9 starters because you didn't put out the effort. That has nothing to do with injuries. Even more so when you consider this is the second time it's happened (TML).

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:08 PM
other21

latest noise BB out in 24-48, Hunter in

other21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:11 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by other21 View Post
latest noise BB out in 24-48, Hunter in
From Kypreos, which usually means very little.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmyager View Post
It is simply a failed attempt to deflect off of the real problem. The real problem is there just is no excuse for getting your ass handed to you by a team missing 9 starters because you didn't put out the effort. That has nothing to do with injuries. Even more so when you consider this is the second time it's happened (TML).
Pens had the same thing against Toronto right before Therrien was canned if I recall, though I'm not sure if Toronto was missing many players. What I do remember is Toronto was absolutely horrible in every way at the time and Jason Blake looked like Bure on steroids during that game.

Old
11-28-2011, 11:27 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

My first GTD killed the witch. I knew I had it in me.