HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andreas Nodl Claimed by Carolina

Old
11-28-2011, 01:56 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I think a lot of people on here are confusing valuing Shelley than more than Nodl and having plenty of options that are as good, cheaper, and younger than Nodl. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see Shelley gone too, but losing Nodl is not going to change anything for this team now or in the future. He's a fourth liner, just like Harry Z, Wellwood, Holmstrom, Rinaldo, and plenty of others in our system or guys that will get waived by other teams later in the year. I was more upset when they traded Powe.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Seriously I can't see the big deal on waiving a player that has only left the Press Box due to sudden injuries... one that has dropped on the depth chart quicker than Mike York after spotting an unopened Snickers Bar on the ground. Right now there are other players not in Lavy's dog house that they can only use when the injuries allow it.

I get it that Shelley is a one trick pony that is not being called on to do his trick -- they feel a heavyweight is required on he roster for some reason -- but when all the players are healthy Jody can return to the Press Box to await his spots or an emergency dressing, and the better young players can be used... So, Shelley is in their minds fulfilling a role while Nodl is taking up a roster spot.

Much ado about nothing, methinks.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:04 PM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Seriously I can't see the big deal on waiving a player that has only left the Press Box due to sudden injuries... one that has dropped on the depth chart quicker than Mike York after spotting an unopened Snickers Bar on the ground. Right now there are other players not in Lavy's dog house that they can only use when the injuries allow it.

I get it that Shelley is a one trick pony that is not being called on to do his trick -- they feel a heavyweight is required on he roster for some reason -- but when all the players are healthy Jody can return to the Press Box to await his spots or an emergency dressing, and the better young players can be used... So, Shelley is in their minds fulfilling a role while Nodl is taking up a roster spot.

Much ado about nothing, methinks.
Except if Nodl being waived is to free up a contract for a trade/signing.

BillDineen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:06 PM
i am dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DNFlyers
Nodl was waived because Holmgren said they wanted to gauge interest in him. Could be sent down or kept on roster
Yeah. Don't like, call another GM or anything...

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post

"Hey guys lets waive this player and see what he is worth."
"Paul, what if somebody claims him?"
"It is what it is"

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post
Homer: "I wonder if anybody is interested in Nodl? Maybe I can get a pick for him!"

*Waives Nodl. Nodl gets claimed!

Homer: "Oh. I guess people were interested."

edit: damnit pwnzors

11-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Homer: "I wonder if anybody is interested in Nodl? Maybe I can get a pick for him!"

*Waives Nodl. Nodl gets claimed!

Homer: "Oh. I guess people were interested."
Beat you too it

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
what a joke this organization is. Anyone dreamig of Jody Shelley going on waivers can now put it to rest. The organization will never waive Jody Shelley. Lets put a valuable 4th liner on waivers instead.
Firstly, I do think Nodl is better than Shelley who should be waived.

Your post is ridiculous though. Our organisation is a joke? In what possible way? We've got a young, vibrant team full of talented, likeable players and we're a mainstay in the later rounds of the play-offs. Also, in what way is Nodl valuable? I like the guy but he's the definition of 'ten a penny'. Also also, the thought that they've made this move without any kind of research or reason is laughable. How many times does Holmgren have to have the last laugh before you give him any kind of credit? They either know he's utterly replaceable (true) or that nobody is likely to claim him (possible).

1865 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:37 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Please someone claim noodle................

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:45 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

So whats the over under Shelly gets a contract extension? Would be nice if we could also throw in a NMC when his contract is a 35+.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Except if Nodl being waived is to free up a contract for a trade/signing.
Point well taken... but same difference... Nodl's time has passed and he is not in Lavy's plans... If they add someone new and better, they're in a better place and the depth will not have diminished... It still all boils down to 'much ado about nothing' with his waiving... Why the outrage here?, No matter how minor that outrage may be.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:59 PM
drownedsailors

Chicago would be smart to claim him...their PK sucks (and when I say 'sucks' I mean 30th place) If he gets claimed I'd rather it be by a Western team.

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:06 PM
luki here

i think the islanders might claim him. Pandolfo just broke his foot, meaning we have a spot on pk/4th line open. But who knows with snow?

I am simply surprised that nodl has had so little playing time this year. I though you were happy with him last year?

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:11 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
i think the islanders might claim him. Pandolfo just broke his foot, meaning we have a spot on pk/4th line open. Wang would save some bucks as well (I think the flyers would continue paying half his salary, no?). But who knows with snow?

I am simply surprised that nodl has had so little playing time this year. I though you were happy with him last year?
No we would not. This is regular waivers, not re-entry waivers.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:11 PM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
No we would not. This is regular waivers, not re-entry waivers.
I just read up on it on wikipedia. cheers!

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:12 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
i think the islanders might claim him. Pandolfo just broke his foot, meaning we have a spot on pk/4th line open. Wang would save some bucks as well (I think the flyers would continue paying half his salary, no?). But who knows with snow?

Since its just waivers you pay for the whole thing.

Nodl is what he is. A 4th line pker. Yea he scored 20 points or so last season, but there is a reason why he call him Andreas NoGoal. He kept getting hurt this season, and a bunch of other younger players who can score and play on the pk emerged. To play on the top 9 on the Flyers, you gotta score goals. Lavy has always tried this Carcillo, Nodl, etc players who bring in other departments but it never works out. I am surprised he got waived, for he was Lavy's boy at one time. The stupid thing is waiving Nodl and not Shelly. Shelly makes more and barely plays.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:15 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1170
Quote:
i think the islanders might claim him. Pandolfo just broke his foot, meaning we have a spot on pk/4th line open. But who knows with snow?

He was a favorite of Laviolette last season. This season, he was hampered by a groin strain and was on the roster bubble earlier as it was.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:36 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

I may be one of the few on here who have no problem with him being waived, but oh well. I think some may not understand just how many 4th liners there are out there for the taking. I actually hope someone picks him for his sake so he can get a chance to play in the NHL. Reminds me a bit of the Thor situation.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that Shelly wasn't waived as well.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:39 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I may be one of the few on here who have no problem with him being waived, but oh well. I think some may not understand just how many 4th liners there are out there for the taking. I actually hope someone picks him for his sake so he can get a chance to play in the NHL. Reminds me a bit of the Thor situation.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that Shelly wasn't waived as well.
Only thing i want him to be claimed it frees up a contract.......

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:05 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
what a joke this organization is. Anyone dreamig of Jody Shelley going on waivers can now put it to rest. The organization will never waive Jody Shelley. Lets put a valuable 4th liner on waivers instead.
I am honestly starting to think that this organization cares more about it's image than icing the best possible team.

Obviously I agree with the sentiment, not that Nodl was waived, but who gets to keep their job in front of him. Because of Rinaldo and Shelley, Nodl was actually getting moved up to the 3rd line.

Nodl was given a 2-year extension in the off-season. If he was such a fringe player he should have either been traded then, not qualified, or not given 2 years on his contract. There was 4 options, 3 of them was right and Holmgren picked the one that was wrong. I don't want crap about having too many contracts, either.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Kaktus*

I think Nodl might be injured.
Like Betts was.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

Contract # dump.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:47 PM
DeflatedFootball7

I'm on the fence about this one. Nodl hasn't been nearly as effective this year. He's good at times but overall...Unsure. Talk to me about it later.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:53 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

He plays hard minutes while NOT taking penalties. For a team that has told everyone who will listen that they're enforcing better discipline while taking the most penalties in the league, not only is it a complete double standard, but Nodl is a player they should be finding room on the roster for, not trying to dump.

As has been demonstrated with Holmgren, there is no plan.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

I actually wonder what this does for Z.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote