HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kirk Muller takes over head coaching job in Carolina

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2011, 03:36 PM
  #51
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,930
vCash: 500
Kirk Muller is now a head coach, that means he too will be fired.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:20 PM
  #52
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Kirk Muller is now a head coach, that means he too will be fired.
Imagine if Muller takes habs out in playoffs...

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:30 PM
  #53
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Imagine if Muller takes habs out in playoffs...
That'd require the Hurricanes to make the playoffs. I don't think they have the horses for that.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:33 PM
  #54
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
That'd require the Hurricanes to make the playoffs. I don't think they have the horses for that.
i wouldn't count them out ..

new head coach is only step 1 ,watch .

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:33 PM
  #55
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Congrats Kirk You should of been this teams HC.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:34 PM
  #56
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
I'd rather be an assistant coach on the Habs than a head coach of the Hurricanes.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:37 PM
  #57
Native
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
good luck, kirk! imo, i think he needed more time in the minors before becoming an nhl head coach but wish him the best of luck, nonetheless. i do miss him behind our bench and wished he took the hamilton job. that way, he'd still be with us and through natural succession, he'd be the favorite one to replace martin.. when the time comes.

not all former players make great coaches. but in kirk's case, i think he has the proper composition and characterics that give him the potential to be a solid nhl coach.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:37 PM
  #58
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
i would'nt count them out ..
Every metric we have points to Carolina being pretty much terrible. And if you look at their roster, it gets very shallow very quickly.

They overperformed late last year and that led to unrealistic expectations this year. Then they lose a key guy in Cole and don't really replace him.

Heck, just consider, there are people out there (apparently including yourself) who're already considering the Habs a long shot, and they're four points ahead of the 'Canes with a game in hand. Montreal has a +2 goals differential. The Canes are at -21.

Muller just doesn't have a lot to work with.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:45 PM
  #59
pachorella
Registered User
 
pachorella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
I'd rather be an assistant coach on the Habs than a head coach of the Hurricanes.
I DON'T. I prefer to be head coach of the Canes, specially in the Case of Kirk who had a long experience being an assistant coach here in mtl. The head coach is the master mind and the decision maker.

pachorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:46 PM
  #60
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Every metric we have points to Carolina being pretty much terrible. And if you look at their roster, it gets very shallow very quickly.

They overperformed late last year and that led to unrealistic expectations this year. Then they lose a key guy in Cole and don't really replace him.

Heck, just consider, there are people out there who're already considering the Habs a long shot, and they're four points ahead of the 'Canes with a game in hand. Montreal has a +2 goals differential. The Canes are at -21.

Muller just doesn't have a lot to work with.

new coach should provide a spark , i'd just never count out Kirk , will see .


Habs on the other hand , yes i think already Habs playoffs are on life support....maybe already missed the playoffs .

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:50 PM
  #61
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,830
vCash: 500
Well that settles it...may as well just give the Canes the cup now, no use in waiting until june.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:54 PM
  #62
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Well that settles it...may as well just give the Canes the cup now, no use in waiting until june.
Muller got a good foundation in Carolina....lets see what he does over next 3 seasons .

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:58 PM
  #63
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Muller got a good foundation in Carolina....lets see what he does over next 3 seasons .
So you are willing to give Muller 3 seasons to prove his worth and yet have already made a decision on Martin after 2 years, seems hypocritical imo.

Grass is always greener elsewhere as they say.

That being said, clearly Carolina is now a cup favorite.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:08 PM
  #64
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
So you are willing to give Muller 3 seasons to prove his worth and yet have already made a decision on Martin after 2 years, seems hypocritical imo.

Grass is always greener elsewhere as they say.

That being said, clearly Carolina is now a cup favorite.
I've seen Martin too long , the fans at Bell Centre are semi hypnosis state now , she isn't popping like she used too that is forsure.



I seen enough of Martin ,he made the playoffs 12 times in his NHL career,beat out 7 times in round 1 , made it to round 3 (with Kirk Muller)

You want a coach to get you to playoffs?Martin...

You want to win in a cup?Not Martin


Simple

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:11 PM
  #65
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I've seen Martin too long , the fans at Bell Centre are semi hypnosis state now , she isnlt popping like she used too that is forsure.



I seen enough of Martin ,he made the playoffs 12 times in his NHL career,beat out 8 times in round 1 , only made it to round 3 one time(with Kirk Muller)

You want a coach to get you to playoffs?Martin...

You want to win in a cup?Not Martin


Simple
It's not simple. Why should we give another coach three years before we judge him, when we can't do so for the coach of the team we cheer for. Seems very hypocritcal to me.

It's funny also that you mention Martin's playoff record has an excuse for firing him, yet you want to hire Boudreau over Martin who's done just as bad in the playoffs with one of the best rosters over the last 4 years. Again, very hypocritical of you.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:30 PM
  #66
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Habs on the other hand , yes i think already Habs playoffs are on life support....maybe already missed the playoffs .
So let me get this straight:

You see the Habs on life support, but you wouldn't count out the Hurricanes, despite the 'Canes being not only behind them in the standings, but have weaker results in just about any way you care to name?

I'm not getting this logic.

(I mean, sheesh, Carolina even has a weaker PP than Montreal and that's the club's supposed Achilles' heel!)

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:31 PM
  #67
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
So let me get this straight:

You see the Habs on life support, but you wouldn't count out the Hurricanes, despite the 'Canes being not only behind them in the standings, but visbly weaker in just about any way you care to name?

I'm not getting this logic.

Canes will get a boost from Kirk ...

Habs are tired of Martin.


Show me 2 players on the Habs to publicly state in the media Jacques is a good or great coach ?

I use to hear players praising KIRK ...never heard anything about JM


Speaks volumes to me .



Also i read the tea leaves, when Martin complains about players not holding his same thoughts...and players not liking him.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:36 PM
  #68
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Canes will get a boost from Kirk ...

Habs are tired of Martin.
Muller is not going to magically give Carolina the players to be competitive. And if the Habs are tired of Martin, they have an awfully weird way of showing it; they certainly haven't played like a team that quit on their coach, say, last game against Boston. Somehow I don't think Cammy is hitting posts on purpose just because he wants his coach fired.

I think you're just complaining for the sake of complaining with a dash of greener grass thrown in.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:42 PM
  #69
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Muller is not going to magically give Carolina the players to be competitive. And if the Habs are tired of Martin, they have an awfully weird way of showing it; they certainly haven't played like a team that quit on their coach, say, last game against Boston.

I think you're just complaining for the sake of complaining with a dash of greener grass thrown in.

Who said anything about Muller giving Canes players to compete?

Carolina has a GM who put a CUP in Carolina .....he took an expansion team to the cup finals how many times?


Pierre Gauthier ???


Jim will make the changes for Kirk, and you watch .

P.s : Id take Jim Rutherford and Kirk Muller over who we have now anyday of the week.


Last edited by Habaneros: 11-28-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:57 PM
  #70
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Who said anything about Muller giving Canes players to compete?

Carolina has a GM who put a CUP in Carolina .....he took an expansion team to the cup finals how many times?


Pierre Gauthier ???


Jim will make the changes for Kirk, and you watch .

P.s : Id take Jim Rutherford and Kirk Muller over who we have now anyday of the week.
Can we also get Eric Staal and Jeff Skinner?

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 05:59 PM
  #71
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Who said anything about Muller giving Canes players to compete?

Carolina has a GM who put a CUP in Carolina .....he took an expansion team to the cup finals how many times?
Carolina is quite interesting: they went miss playoffs-miss playoffs-Stanley Cup-miss playoffs-miss playoffs. We should all be so fortunate.

But that's not the team we're talking about anyway, now, is it? The team we're talking about is this year's 'Canes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Jim will make the changes for Kirk, and you watch .
If he's so great, and if the players need to be changed, why didn't he make the changes for Paul Maurice before he fired him?

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 06:03 PM
  #72
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,305
vCash: 500
I'm drooling at the thought of Dale Hunter coaching the Habs... stupid Washington. Would have liked Muller, too! Who else is there??

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 06:15 PM
  #73
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
I'm drooling at the thought of Dale Hunter coaching the Habs... stupid Washington. Would have liked Muller, too! Who else is there??
The best french speaking coaches....

pick apples only from that tree.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 06:51 PM
  #74
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
It's not simple. Why should we give another coach three years before we judge him, when we can't do so for the coach of the team we cheer for. Seems very hypocritcal to me.

It's funny also that you mention Martin's playoff record has an excuse for firing him, yet you want to hire Boudreau over Martin who's done just as bad in the playoffs with one of the best rosters over the last 4 years. Again, very hypocritical of you.
Boudreau would have won it all except for one thing. Goaltending.

If the Caps would have had Price/Halak instead of Varlamov (or Theodore), we would not have beaten them in 2010.

Last year, they had Neuvirth who gave up 16 goals in 4 games against the Bolts in an epic collapse.

Would love to see Boudreau behind the Habs bench.

Besides, Boudreau knows how to win (ECHL championship in 1999 and Calder Cup championship in 2006) and how to get teams to score goals.

Martin's only success was in Junior Hockey. Carbonneauesque.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 06:55 PM
  #75
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Subban View Post
Every coach in the AHL has an out claus if an NHL team offeres him a gig
Not true. We wouldn't let Boucher go during the season a couple of years ago. Before that, Vancouver wouldn't let Arniel go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougHarvey View Post
Now , let the Maurice to Montreal chants begin.

I would like him here and he has a French name
Did you like how well his Hurricanes played in Montreal a couple of weeks ago? And people complain that our team lacks fire?


Last edited by Mike8: 11-28-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.