HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Skate size comparison

Old
11-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Razzmatazz

vCash: 500
Skate size comparison

I was considering getting Easton EQ5s, and I was wondering what size I should get, if I'm of going from a Reebok 9 wide Sr. I was told Eastons are wide skates, should I go with the D instead of EE?

Razzmatazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Ribosome

I'm assuming you're planning on buying some skates online. I strongly recommend that you DO NOT buy skates online.

Safer to go to your local store and try 'em all on. Then come home and buy them online if you so desire.

Ribosome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 06:54 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribosome View Post
I'm assuming you're planning on buying some skates online. I strongly recommend that you DO NOT buy skates online.

Safer to go to your local store and try 'em all on. Then come home and buy them online if you so desire.
Double post, my bad.

Last edited by AIREAYE: 11-28-2011 at 07:25 PM.
AIREAYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 06:59 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribosome View Post

Why not just buy from the store? The store will have taken time and effort to properly fit you and provide heat moulding and sharpening services on top of that as well. Don't deny them the credit and just buy from the store, it'll save you the money.

The Synergies and Reeboks fit very differently. The EQ5 wouldn't be as wide as Reebok first of all, and chances are that if you fit perfectly into Reebok, you wouldn't like the ankle padding in the EQ5s. You also might need to move up a half size in Eastons since they seem to size a bit differently as well.

Old
11-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Kulluminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Why not just buy from the store? The store will have taken time and effort to properly fit you and provide heat moulding and sharpening services on top of that as well. Don't deny them the credit and just buy from the store, it'll save you the money.

The Synergies and Reeboks fit very differently. The EQ5 wouldn't be as wide as Reebok first of all, and chances are that if you fit perfectly into Reebok, you wouldn't like the ankle padding in the EQ5s. You also might need to move up a half size in Eastons since they seem to size a bit differently as well.
Unfortunately for stores, you can find skates and equipment in general to be far cheaper online than in stores. Usually with brand new equipment the price differential is not huge, I bought the Vapor APX stick for $240 online and it goes for $300+tax in stores. With older equipment, online stores tend to put it on clearance, the OP suggested buying the EQ5's and their on hockeymonkey clearance for $200 and I saw them at ProHockeyLife for $450+tax a few weeks ago. I wish stores sold stuff for the same price as online one's do.

Last edited by Kulluminati: 11-28-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Kulluminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 07:28 PM
AIREAYE

How about shipping? Baking? Sharpening? Valuable insight? The chance to use it right away? You get none of the aforementioned 4 when you buy online.

Simply put, don't waste someone's time at a store if all you're going to do is buy online. That's a reason why you don't see as many LHS' anymore and prices remain high.

Old
11-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Stickmata

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
How about shipping? Baking? Sharpening? Valuable insight? The chance to use it right away? You get none of the aforementioned 4 when you buy online.

Simply put, don't waste someone's time at a store if all you're going to do is buy online. That's a reason why you don't see as many LHS' anymore and prices remain high.
This. Don't use the staff at your LHS and then buy online. It's hard enough for them to make a living these days without people wasting their time and using their resources.

Oh and buying skates online is not a good idea unless there is no competent LHS that can fit you properly. Penny wise and pound foolish if you ask me.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Kulluminati

Yea the frustration from the LHS's point of view is very understandable however from a consumer stand point who's trying to save money which ever way he/she can, you can't blame em' for doing so.

Kulluminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Razzmatazz

Sorry, double post

Last edited by Razzmatazz: 11-28-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old
11-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Razzmatazz

The proshop here has enough of my money...I'm trying to save $400. Are the 9D Eastons the same as the 9D Reeboks?

Old
11-28-2011, 08:59 PM
kr580

Send a message via AIM to kr580
Does anyone have any opinions on the fit like OP was asking for?

kr580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:10 PM
AIREAYE

If you guys read, then my answer was posted

Old
11-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Kulluminati

http://www.icewarehouse.com/icesizechart.html