HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

2011 Capitals Roster Speculation, Thoughts, & Expectations (Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap)

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Langway
Intangibles

vCash: 500
Hunter could work from a disciplinarian standpoint if he's royally backed up by McPhee and there are coupled personnel moves subsequently based on adherence to his approach. His readiness is always going to be something of an unknown and that dynamic is why the talk rightfully is met with skepticism. No offense.

I think most of us have been done with or at least thought at one point that Boudreau's time should been over a while ago.

(Oh yeah, fake Kipper pisses me off...)

Old
11-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Hunter could work from a disciplinarian standpoint if he's royally backed up by McPhee and there are coupled personnel moves subsequently based on adherence to his approach. His readiness is always going to be something of an unknown and that dynamic is why the talk rightfully is met with skepticism. No offense.

I think most of us have been done with or at least thought at one point that Boudreau's time should been over a while ago.

(Oh yeah, fake Kipper pisses me off...)
Was about to post the same.

Old
11-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I think it can be a Therrien to Bylsma level jump should they find the right coach. I think Bob Hartley is a better choice than Hunter.

Old
11-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Halpysback

Muller is the best candidate to Bylsmalize this team unless Bowman or Lemaire come out of retirement. Missed the boat on Hitchcock and the Blues look possessed. Damn.

Old
11-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Muller is the best candidate to Bylsmalize this team unless Bowman or Lemaire come out of retirement. Missed the boat on Hitchcock and the Blues look possessed. Damn.
I dunno about Muller. He's pretty unknown too, but so was Bylsma

Old
11-27-2011, 11:23 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Personally I would rather see Semin dealt than Boudreau gone. I don't know if the locker room is split, but if it is, I would bet the farm that he's on the "wrong" side of the split. The guy is on an expiring contract worth 6.7M and he's playing at a 2M level, if that. Let's see how it shakes out when the only guy playing lazy is Ovechkin.

Hypothetically, if the locker room is split into two groups, who do you think the groups are?

Old
11-27-2011, 11:37 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Personally I would rather see Semin dealt than Boudreau gone. I don't know if the locker room is split, but if it is, I would bet the farm that he's on the "wrong" side of the split. The guy is on an expiring contract worth 6.7M and he's playing at a 2M level, if that. Let's see how it shakes out when the only guy playing lazy is Ovechkin.

Hypothetically, if the locker room is split into two groups, who do you think the groups are?
Against BB:

OV
Semin
Green
Carlson
Wideman
Perreault
Hamrlik
Mojo
Backstrom
***I feel like Mojo and Backstrom really just want this to be done, and play like they used to again, but that these are more of their friends on the team, so they're more on this side

Neutral:
Schultz
Alzner
Brouwer
Ward

For BB:
Laich
Knuble
Hendricks
Erskine
Chimera
Halpern

Old
11-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Fitlanbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMeatballs1990 View Post
Against BB:

OV
Semin
Green
Carlson
Wideman
Perreault
Hamrlik
Mojo
Backstrom
***I feel like Mojo and Backstrom really just want this to be done, and play like they used to again, but that these are more of their friends on the team, so they're more on this side

Neutral:
Schultz
Alzner
Brouwer
Ward

For BB:
Laich
Knuble
Hendricks
Erskine
Chimera
Halpern
My guess is that this is pretty much right, other than that the for BB column should be relabeled the "Want the whiners to shut the hell up, grab their sacks, and play ****ing hocky" group. I doubt theres a voice in the locker room at this point that would care about BB being fired.

Old
11-27-2011, 11:54 PM
Halpysback

If Schultz is neutral he's a ****ing idiot. BB leaves and he's out of a job in a month.

Having every single skilled player against you is not a good recipe. I'd imagine Green is for BB.

Old
11-28-2011, 06:03 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
If Schultz is neutral he's a ****ing idiot. BB leaves and he's out of a job in a month.

Having every single skilled player against you is not a good recipe. I'd imagine Green is for BB.
I just see Schultz as not having much of a personality, at least he doesn't show it on the ice so I didn't know...
And I'd say green is against him. He's buddy buddy with the Alex's and Backstrom, and he can't like playing a defensive system being the best offensive Dmen in recent years.

Old
11-28-2011, 07:15 AM
txpd

Quote:
If Schultz is neutral he's a ****ing idiot. BB leaves and he's out of a job in a month..
its funny. thats the exact same thing people were saying about tomas fleischmann.

Old
11-28-2011, 07:33 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
its funny. thats the exact same thing people were saying about tomas fleischmann.
Tomas fleischmann can skate...

Old
11-28-2011, 11:20 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
Not player related, but coach related. If the Caps fire Boudreau, and they're quite close from what I'm hearing because of various run ins with the Russian contingent, Washington might be looking at Dale Hunter as the next HC.

The Knights are grooming Dylan Hunter to be his replacement when the time comes as they look to keep the team within the familia, if I may.

This is just speculation based on conversation within the Knights family. I work for the St. Thomas Stars, who are a feeder team to the Knights. So take it FWIW.

11-28-2011, 11:34 AM
ShutoutJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Why would you think that'd be any better?

It's Ovechkin, the face of the franchise. Take the other teams two best assets and start adding.
Ovi sure is the face of this franchise, but I'm not sure that's a good thing. He's the face of the underperforming, lack of work ethic, defensively challenged team whose players are still talented enough that the GM is afraid to trade any of them even after seeing them vanish in the playoffs every freaking year and minimizing the potential return from other teams. Should have traded Semin earlier, rather than wait until his flaws became public knowledge and crippled other teams' interest in him. Teams wouldn't even give up their two best assets for Ovi at this point. The Washington Capitals now have a diva reputation.

Old
11-28-2011, 12:00 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutoutJunkie View Post
Ovi sure is the face of this franchise, but I'm not sure that's a good thing. He's the face of the underperforming, lack of work ethic, defensively challenged team whose players are still talented enough that the GM is afraid to trade any of them even after seeing them vanish in the playoffs every freaking year and minimizing the potential return from other teams. Should have traded Semin earlier, rather than wait until his flaws became public knowledge and crippled other teams' interest in him. Teams wouldn't even give up their two best assets for Ovi at this point. The Washington Capitals now have a diva reputation.
You're delusional if you don't think there are a boatload of teams that would give up their two best assets for Ovechkin. There are probably several teams that would give up their best 3-4 assets for him.

Old
11-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
You're delusional if you don't think there are a boatload of teams that would give up their two best assets for Ovechkin. There are probably several teams that would give up their best 3-4 assets for him.
With his cap hit, it'll probably be two assets. But that's hard to say. The Caps will not trade Alex Ovechkin, nor should they. Even speculating is poppycock.

Old
11-28-2011, 01:01 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

WRT Semin... If Hunter can make Schremp a champion.

Old
11-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Hall2Nuge2Yak

Wsh-Cgy

Wsh-

Alex Semin:6.7 mil. 1 year remaining
Jeff Halpern: .875mil. 1 year remaining (strictly for cap reasons)
Cgy-

Jarome Iginla: 7 mil. 2 years remaining

Old
11-28-2011, 06:37 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoRkShIrE View Post
Wsh-

Alex Semin:6.7 mil. 1 year remaining
Jeff Halpern: .875mil. 1 year remaining (strictly for cap reasons)
Cgy-

Jarome Iginla: 7 mil. 2 years remaining
Of course the Caps would do this. But the Flames wouldn't.

Old
11-28-2011, 06:46 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Yeah I think they'd consider it only as part of a 3 team trade where they re-flip semin. And you'd have to add picks... Maybe col first even

Old
11-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Nothing the Flames do makes any sense though. One would think they would be after top prospects but in reality they are living a pipe dream thinking they can win it all with what they have. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up Iginla for veterans, it would have to be more than Semin and Halpern though.

Old
11-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Yeah. Even if Semin wasn't currently struggling, good getting him to play in Calgary.

Old
11-28-2011, 07:17 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Nothing the Flames do makes any sense though. One would think they would be after top prospects but in reality they are living a pipe dream thinking they can win it all with what they have. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up Iginla for veterans, it would have to be more than Semin and Halpern though.
what if we throw in hamrlik

Old
11-28-2011, 07:20 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
I would think Semin, Perreault, WSH 1st would be enough to get Iginla.

Old
11-28-2011, 07:24 PM
txpd

why would calgary want semin? if is a rebuild you are selling them perreault and a first for iginla. thats not much

Closed Thread